Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss Stargate: For all who just miss Stargate, period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Gategod, I think some new Stargate and Star Trek is long overdue. But I am afraid with today´s view of the world they could ruin the Star Trek message from peaceful explores who acted with intelligence to a aver brutal action drama (seems to be popular these days)
    sigpic

Comment

still miss Stargate wish MGM either makes new SG or sells the franchise to someone who would
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

still miss Stargate just saying
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          still miss Stargate just saying
          so do i. and i'll always miss it.

mgm is sitting on the golden goose and doesn't know it.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved everything Stargate did except SGU. It would be nice if they would find a way to bring back SG1 with the next generation and all new characters but they would have to be as good as the originals. With the success of Atlantis they proved they could do it. They would also have to come up with new plots and villains. Is it possible to petition the Syfy network?

Comment

Have you seen "Into The Darkness"? It already looks like Star Trek is becoming a bit darker and a lot less preachy. Quite frankly I find it refreshing. I also felt like their past movies were more about their agenda than making good movies. I would take the last two Trek movies over anything they did before.

Comment

Originally posted by ZatMeNow View Post
                I loved everything Stargate did except SGU. It would be nice if they would find a way to bring back SG1 with the next generation and all new characters but they would have to be as good as the originals. With the success of Atlantis they proved they could do it. They would also have to come up with new plots and villains. Is it possible to petition the Syfy network?
                maybe pick up a few years later since the last time a stargate was on (2011). mix new and old, but keep that endearing sg1 quality that made you, you know, LIKE the characters.

enough new things could have happened in those years we haven't seen...

so, so, sooo many possibilities.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZatMeNow View Post
                  It is possible but a complete waste of time. Petitions in the past have been way too small for companies to look at. I don't think it has to be as good as the originals but different than the originals. Otherwise its an SG1 ripoff
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm still sort of hoping that Stargate will come back like Star Trek did. When TOS ended I felt the same way about it as Stargate, really missed it.

As time wore on I remembered it fondly and re-watched the series again and again, never imagining I'd see Kirk and the crew again on screen in new adventures. Then out of the blue Star Trek- The Movie turns up 10 years after TOS ended, I was over the moon, so excited to see the crew of the Enterprise back in action. The fact that it triggered new adventures leaves me hoping that the same would be done with Stargate. It's too good an idea to mothball for eternity.

Comment

Working...
                    X