Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilers for all eps aired in the USA: The Mentalist - Red John revealed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for all eps aired in the USA: The Mentalist - Red John revealed.

Ok so now we know Jane has 7 names of who could be Red John
    List:
    Gale Bertram
    Brett Stiles
    Raymond Haffner
    Reede Smith
    Bob Kirkland
    Sheriff Thomas McAllister
    Brett Partridge

I personally have no clue who it could be, at one stage I thought maybe Jane could be Red John (multiple personalities) and that he has delusions of talking to red John when he does or some one else pretends to be Red John for Jane but I now doubt that a lot. Anyways any of you have a idea of who you think it is?

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
    Ok so now we know Jane has 7 names of who could be Red John
    List:
    Gale Bertram
    Brett Stiles
    Raymond Haffner
    Reede Smith
    Bob Kirkland
    Brett Partridge

I personally have no clue who it could be, at one stage I thought maybe Jane could be Red John (multiple personalities) and that he has delusions of talking to red John when he does or some one else pretends to be Red John for Jane but I now doubt that a lot. Anyways any of you have a idea of who you think it is?
    Gale Bertram
    I say Jane knows him to well for him to actually be Red John and I seen nothing of screen that give hint that Jane would ever come to liking him, as we have been told he would like Red John if they ever did more than shake hands. But he probably one of Red John followers and one that has help Red John recruits is law enforcement agents.

Brett Stiles
    To obvious in too many ways. He meets to many of the criterias I have for Red John an has the organisation. But jane in the past has said he would never hurt anyone himself. Plus we know that if Jane knew Red John they would get along with each other. I don't think Jane could ever like Brett Stiles, he remind Jane of himself to much. But I do think that it will turn out that he a Red John rival in Visualize organisation or RJ organisation is a rival to Stiles organisation.

Raymond Haffner
    He doesn't have the intelligence to match and defeat Jane in an equal contest, which we know Red John does.

Reede Smith
    He doesn't look like someone who would be easily able to manipulate people into doing what he wants. But apart from that I don't have enough info on him to be certain he not red john.

Bob Kirkland
    No, Don't know why but he doesn't come across has Red John. An Jane does actually need an ally at DHS or the FBI to take Red John (story wise), Kirkland I think is being built up as Red John but will be reveal a friend and ally of Jane. Plus why go through all the trouble of actually running an proper investigation on Red John in his own office. He interested because he knows Red John has allies in DHS and FBI and he consider him a threat to national security.

I think I would be disappointed if it was him. He has none of the characteristics I would associate with Red John.
    Brett Partridge
    Unlikely, I think Red John does respect Jane, Partridge never does on screen and is in fact the opposite on screen. An he too short. He does look like a serial killer through.

Personally I would love it to be one of the team that he has abuse for years with his antics, someone like Bigsby or Cho(we know cho is pretty good at getting women to sleep with him, jane commented on it). But I think it could be Lisbon, why, because Jane loves her and there nothing better to see on screen that your lover turn out to be your sworn enemy. Plus Jane always sort look down of Lisbon and her investigative abilities, it be great to see that Lisbon has been playing Jane for all these years.
    Last edited by knowles2; 07 May 2013, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      I say Jane knows him to well for him to actually be Red John and I seen nothing of screen that give hint that Jane would ever come to liking him, as we have been told he would like Red John if they ever did more than shake hands. But he probably one of Red John followers and one that has help Red John recruits is law enforcement agents.

To obvious in too many ways. He meets to many of the criterias I have for Red John an has the organisation. But jane in the past has said he would never hurt anyone himself. Plus we know that if Jane knew Red John they would get along with each other. I don't think Jane could ever like Brett Stiles, he remind Jane of himself to much. But I do think that it will turn out that he a Red John rival in Visualize organisation or RJ organisation is a rival to Stiles organisation.

He doesn't have the intelligence to match and defeat Jane in an equal contest, which we know Red John does.

He doesn't look like someone who would be easily able to manipulate people into doing what he wants. But apart from that I don't have enough info on him to be certain he not red john.

No, Don't know why but he doesn't come across has Red John. An Jane does actually need an ally at DHS or the FBI to take Red John (story wise), Kirkland I think is being built up as Red John but will be reveal a friend and ally of Jane. Plus why go through all the trouble of actually running an proper investigation on Red John in his own office. He interested because he knows Red John has allies in DHS and FBI and he consider him a threat to national security.

I think I would be disappointed if it was him. He has none of the characteristics I would associate with Red John.

Unlikely, I think Red John does respect Jane, Partridge never does on screen and is in fact the opposite on screen. An he too short. He does look like a serial killer through.

Personally I would love it to be one of the team that he has abuse for years with his antics, someone like Bigsby or Cho(we know cho is pretty good at getting women to sleep with him, jane commented on it). But I think it could be Lisbon, why, because Jane loves her and there nothing better to see on screen that your lover turn out to be your sworn enemy. Plus Jane always sort look down of Lisbon and her investigative abilities, it be great to see that Lisbon has been playing Jane for all these years.
      I really like your theories specially the one on Robert Kirkland, that actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

If Red John is one of the team, I think it'd be cool to see but I think it'd make me wish I never saw the ending in a way, I personally thought one of the team members will probably die next season

Comment

I still think it is Jane himself.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Lisbon or Jane is a show ender.

although it'd be cool.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Bob Kirkland
            That would be a good theory had Kirkland not killed Jason Lennon to stop him telling Jane about Red John (he also asked Lennon if he recognised him, and told him he was giving him a peaceful death, similar to what Lorelei says about herself in the video).

It seems too obvious I know, but then we all thought that about River Song and looked how that turned out.

I think it's him, or a twist we haven't had yet, like Kirkland having a twin brother and it being him, without knowing they were twins, it would be easy to think Brother Kirkland was Bob Kirkland.

I also think at some point in the past, Jane has been hypnotised and given the secrets to RJ that way, or Pearl of Atlantis76 theory, one of the two.

Comment

This is the most popular theory on the internet and so far I'm liking it
              http://www.whoisredjohn.com/See-a-th...#disqus_thread
              Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              That would be a good theory had Kirkland not killed Jason Lennon to stop him telling Jane about Red John (he also asked Lennon if he recognised him, and told him he was giving him a peaceful death, similar to what Lorelei says about herself in the video).

It seems too obvious I know, but then we all thought that about River Song and looked how that turned out.

I think it's him, or a twist we haven't had yet, like Kirkland having a twin brother and it being him, without knowing they were twins, it would be easy to think Brother Kirkland was Bob Kirkland.

I also think at some point in the past, Jane has been hypnotised and given the secrets to RJ that way, or Pearl of Atlantis76 theory, one of the two.

Comment

The only problem is, why run a proper investigation, why try and reverse engineer Jane investigation. If he was Red John I could see him taking an interests in seeing how far Jane got but to directly replicate all of it work on his office floor, seem to be going a bit far.

May be it Kirkland that got a split personality or a twin brother.

Comment

Whoever it is they need to settle it. I'm sick and tired of the storyline. He's no sherlock and doesn't need a perpetual moriarty
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The only problem is, why run a proper investigation, why try and reverse engineer Jane investigation. If he was Red John I could see him taking an interests in seeing how far Jane got but to directly replicate all of it work on his office floor, seem to be going a bit far.

May be it Kirkland that got a split personality or a twin brother.
                    But why kill a witness, if not to cover something up? (ah yes, that would be the split personality/twin brother part).

Maybe Bob doesn't know he has a twin? that would be the route I'd go, tell people they'd already seen him, but just put a play on those words, we have seen his twin, but we didn't know it was his twin blah blah.

But anyway, if the bit about seeing him before season 3 is true, then it's not Kirkland because he was only recently introduced, unless of course they're playing with us again and consider that prequel episode as "before season 3" because it was a prequel (iirc he was in the final scene of that episode yes? in the car.).

Bahh my head hurts.

Comment

One theory is that he actually will become an ally to Patrick and that he killed the person in the hospital to pretect patrick from something or stop patrick from finding info out so he could catch red john first
                      But why kill a witness, if not to cover something up? (ah yes, that would be the split personality/twin brother part).

Maybe Bob doesn't know he has a twin? that would be the route I'd go, tell people they'd already seen him, but just put a play on those words, we have seen his twin, but we didn't know it was his twin blah blah.

But anyway, if the bit about seeing him before season 3 is true, then it's not Kirkland because he was only recently introduced, unless of course they're playing with us again and consider that prequel episode as "before season 3" because it was a prequel (iirc he was in the final scene of that episode yes? in the car.).

Bahh my head hurts.

Comment

One theory is that he actually will become an ally to Patrick and that he killed the person in the hospital to pretect patrick from something or stop patrick from finding info out so he could catch red john first
                        But why not at least find out who red john is himself then kill him.

Comment

But why not at least find out who red john is himself then kill him.
                          haha well I guess we'll have to wait and see going to be a good season

Comment

It's only just dawned on me that was the season finale...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Whoever it is they need to settle it. I'm sick and tired of the storyline. He's no sherlock and doesn't need a perpetual moriarty
                              I was thinking the same thing. It's been going on far too long that I'm beginning to not really care who it is just so long as they finish with this particular storyline.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X