Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Alien Race would you introduce to the Star Gate Universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if it'd be possible to introduce a faction that's similar to Halo's Covenant? Not necessarily one particular race, but a coalition of them who see humanity as some kind of affront to their religion.

Comment

The Centauri from Babylon 5. Maybe introduce them as a small but powerful empire that has successfully withstood all invasions and assaults by the Goa'uld and has no Stargates. Once the System Lords were dispensed with they realize that they are free to expand, they expand. I just like the Centauri.

Hirogens from Voyager might be cool too. Hunters who are physically stronger than Wraith or Goa'uld. Immune to both. Small in number but pain in the butt.
      Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        A properly done Lucian Alliance.

Quite frankly, i've seen enough pure evil races in stargate. For once, i would like to see a race that's doing something that is right, but bad for us.
        I'm not sure if this counts or if you're interested but I'm writing a stargate spin off and the primary antagonists are the Ror'char, a coalition of empires that are called the guardians, protectors, and peacekeepers. These descriptions are true but in a very perverse manner. The Ror'char believe peace can only be achieved and maintained through absolute rule, control, and oppression. They believe that difference in belief and opinion will lead to inevitable conflict and use their education system to indoctrinate their young into being completely loyal. And, since they see themselves as the good guys, they say their responsibility is to make sure the whole galaxy is under their protection.

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
          I second this. I would like to see some level of complexity in the antagonists, more moral ambiguity and layering. I think that there was a lot of untapped potential in the Lucian Alliance that probably would have been explored had the franchise not been cancelled.
          I don't see how you could put grayness into the motivations of the Lucian Alliance. They're criminals and thugs. The Goa'uld got the boot and a bunch of thugs saw the opportunity to take power and took it.

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
            I don't see how you could put grayness into the motivations of the Lucian Alliance. They're criminals and thugs. The Goa'uld got the boot and a bunch of thugs saw the opportunity to take power and took it.
            Well if you spend a few moments contemplating what state the galaxy is in, life kind of sucks when you're not a Tau'ri.

Now that the goa'uld are gone just about anyone is free game. Whoever gets his hands on a ha'tak can conquer planets. Whoever has the kind of resources and power of an Earthlike planet, can conquer dozens of planets. The average former-slave planet is at the very bottom of the galactic food chain. And for as long as Earth has no revelation it can never hope to put an end to that. They'll never make the galaxy a safe place because doing so requires removing the incentive of war. And right now, grabbing as much power and territory as you can is everyone's agenda. Now the power balance of the century is determined.

As to Earth like planets, i count at least ten that have the power and resources similar to Earth. They can just annex whatever slave or jaffa world is out there.

The Lucian Alliance is something that can give balance and safety to those that are at the bottom of the food chain.

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
            I'm not sure if this counts or if you're interested but I'm writing a stargate spin off and the primary antagonists are the Ror'char, a coalition of empires that are called the guardians, protectors, and peacekeepers. These descriptions are true but in a very perverse manner. The Ror'char believe peace can only be achieved and maintained through absolute rule, control, and oppression. They believe that difference in belief and opinion will lead to inevitable conflict and use their education system to indoctrinate their young into being completely loyal. And, since they see themselves as the good guys, they say their responsibility is to make sure the whole galaxy is under their protection.
            That's not what i meant. Those guys are oppressive nazis.

No, i would like to see something different. A true race that truly does good. Their opinions just clash with ours. A bit like Russia's stance in the Ukraine-Crim situation.

(after all, whatever way you spin it, the Crim is inhabited by people who feel far more russian than European. We happen to disagree and the whole situation is a big mess now. But you can hardly believe that the Ukrainian government is pure good /Crim pure evil and vice versa)

Comment

I would do something completely different.

The crew was about 80 people, right?

So, shortly after Air, Part III, half of the crew expresses the wish to leave Destiny and live on a livable planet. Seeing the ship is about to fall apart, Young and Camile agree to leave anyone who doesn't want to be trapped on the ship on the next planet which can support life.
              So half of the crew (about 40 people) leave the ship and Destiny enters FTL. Then, in subsequent episodes, we're given hints to what was going on to that half of the crew (of course, the crew on Destiny has no idea what became of them). I'd replace the Lucian Alliance with a completely new group of armoured terrorists, never seen before by SG-1 or the SGA expeditions. Scott's team has a few encounters with them on various planets, but for some reason, the armoured terrorist group lets them go at the end of every face-off that takes place as the group is called off every time before they put a final strike on Scott and his team. The rest is the same, only no Lucian Alliance and the armoured terrorist group hijacks Destiny at the end of s1. Telford is still revealed to a a traitor but it's also later revealed that he stands behind the armoured terrorist group, which takes over Destiny at the end of s1. However, in the s2 premiere, some members of the terrorist group get suddenly sick, but not even TJ can help them as they even have their faces covered. Young uses the terrorists' sudden sickness to re-take the ship and Scott and the rest of military personal take their weapons away from them and lock them up. The rest of s2 is pretty much the same. The ship, which is now holding close to a 100 people on board, is unable to feed air to everyone, so Camile creates a diversion for Young in order to get rid of the members of the armoured terrorist group. However, she doesn't know what Young had discovered: the terrorists are members of their own crew who got left behind and don't even remember who they are.

In the end, the crew is faced with having to blind-guess which members of the terrorist group are their crew members and which are not. Cliffhanger. End of S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                I would do something completely different.

The crew was about 80 people, right?

So, shortly after Air, Part III, half of the crew expresses the wish to leave Destiny and live on a livable planet. Seeing the ship is about to fall apart, Young and Camile agree to leave anyone who doesn't want to be trapped on the ship on the next planet which can support life.
                So half of the crew (about 40 people) leave the ship and Destiny enters FTL. Then, in subsequent episodes, we're given hints to what was going on to that half of the crew (of course, the crew on Destiny has no idea what became of them). I'd replace the Lucian Alliance with a completely new group of armoured terrorists, never seen before by SG-1 or the SGA expeditions. Scott's team has a few encounters with them on various planets, but for some reason, the armoured terrorist group lets them go at the end of every face-off that takes place as the group is called off every time before they put a final strike on Scott and his team. The rest is the same, only no Lucian Alliance and the armoured terrorist group hijacks Destiny at the end of s1. Telford is still revealed to a a traitor but it's also later revealed that he stands behind the armoured terrorist group, which takes over Destiny at the end of s1. However, in the s2 premiere, some members of the terrorist group get suddenly sick, but not even TJ can help them as they even have their faces covered. Young uses the terrorists' sudden sickness to re-take the ship and Scott and the rest of military personal take their weapons away from them and lock them up. The rest of s2 is pretty much the same. The ship, which is now holding close to a 100 people on board, is unable to feed air to everyone, so Camile creates a diversion for Young in order to get rid of the members of the armoured terrorist group. However, she doesn't know what Young had discovered: the terrorists are members of their own crew who got left behind and don't even remember who they are.

In the end, the crew is faced with having to blind-guess which members of the terrorist group are their crew members and which are not. Cliffhanger. End of S2.
                You do realize there are already 2 seasons of SGU, right?

Comment

Of course I do. I'm actually re-watching S2 these days. S02E05 is up today.

The title of this thread is "What kind of Alien Race would you introduce to Star Gate Universe?".
                  While I liked both Ursini and the Blue Aliens, I think it'd be more interesting if half of the crew would go missing without anyone on Destiny even noticing (as they would loose contact with them after leaving them on a livable planet). Telford would be the main bad guy back on Earth, but posing as a military person. He would be the last surviver of the Lucian Alliance, planning a revenge on the Stargate Homeworld for destroying his people. Half of the crew would actually be his own people, brainwashed with the Goa'uld tech. That half would get left behind - at least that's what Young and the others would think.

A story like that would be better for the ratings in my opinion. People from Earth against their own kind... in the middle of the universe and the running sub-plot trough the subsequent seasons would be about Telford realizing his own mistake and trying to fix it.

Comment

Personally I would rather see the drone armies enemy be on the other side of the galatic gap Destiny is traversing. When Destiny gets there the First drone army has figured out they are no longer stopping and calulates probable destinations based on their previous course. This of course leads the Drone army to resume it battles with their original enemy, and both sides trying to destroy Destiny. Along the way the crew runs into living aliens who built and control the second drone army. They are pissed because Destiny has led the drone army to them after they escaped from the preceding Galaxy.
                    You could make a good story arc on How Destiny tries to befriend them and whether or not the aliens become friends, enemies or just plain indifferent to their plight.
                    Of course my plotline would involve the SGC(or HWC) to dial destiny while they are in the gap between galaxies using the Ori super gate and beaming supplies an Asgard core, beaming tech, matter conversion tech, puddle jumpers and other needful supplies to them, like Ammo MREs, food, naquadria generators, computers, a couple of puddle jumpers, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X