Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Alien Race would you introduce to the Star Gate Universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of Alien Race would you introduce to the Star Gate Universe?

I personally would introduce an Alien race like the Daleks from Doctor Who that are obsessed with racial purity and exterminate civilizations simply because they are different. I think this would be a good antagonistic species simply because of what Happened to Michael in Stargate Atlantis. I mean the idea of a group of humans having to face a species that mirrors humanity at it's worst is truly an interesting idea to me.

Also given what teams have encountered in the series like the Wraith it would be nice to see how other races would react to a species like that I think a few especially the ones in the Pegasus galaxy would freak out saying something like "These things aren't trying to feed off us! They are trying to kill us just to kill us! Not even the wraith would kill senselessly for no reason!"

Ideally I think the alien race Shepard encountered in the alternate reality would fit perfectly for this. Should they be introduced in any potential future incarnations of Stargate.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nown_Alien.jpg
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 December 2013, 10:47 PM. Reason: Hotlink tag changed.

Xindi might a good shout from Star Trek Enterprise, especially the reptilians. They wanted to destroy earth at all costs pretty much.

Comment

A properly done Lucian Alliance.

Quite frankly, i've seen enough pure evil races in stargate. For once, i would like to see a race that's doing something that is right, but bad for us.

Comment

Replacing the Goa'uld is not right in the slightest. I doubt people on other planets under LA control would agree with you at all.
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

Quite frankly, i've seen enough pure evil races in stargate. For once, i would like to see a race that's doing something that is right, but bad for us.
          I second this. I would like to see some level of complexity in the antagonists, more moral ambiguity and layering. I think that there was a lot of untapped potential in the Lucian Alliance that probably would have been explored had the franchise not been cancelled.

Comment

Wouldn't the Genii from SGA fit the bill here?

Comment

What of a ferengi like race.

Comment

- I would introduce a Goa'uld faction consisting of symbiotes native to P3X-888 (the original Goa'uld home world). These Goa'uld stayed behind when the others left (and conquered the galaxy) so if they take hosts now they should be benign or at the very least different from the Goa'uld enemies SG-1 faced. It could make an interesting scenario - they would be treated as enemies by the galaxy even though they are an offshoot and it would remain to be seen whether Earth would maintain an open mind towards them.

- A militaristic Jaffa empire seeking to unite the galaxy under one banner. Believing Earth is too weak to fulfil the role, that the Lucian Alliance are too unstable and fearing that small competing factions would not be strong enough to resist future enemies similar to the Replicators, Goa'uld, Wraith or Ori they seek to fill the vacuum.

- A vicious and almost indestructible monster predator which is rampaging from planet to planet after learning how to use the gate network (it is technically a sentient being) and tirelessly savages human communities in the vicinity of the gate networks.

- The planet builders featured in SGU.

- An advanced civilisation from the future. They come in peace but are their intentions in Earth's best interests?

Comment

Wasn't the wraith like that? They were really just doing what they needed to do to survive.

Comment

Technically yes.. but how they were wrote was what turned them into being evil.

Comment

the series has so much potential... i would rather do the days of ancients... their adventures in the local cluster before finally hiding in the pegasus galaxy after the ori sent the disease to the milky way...

Comment

I would completely avoid the Asgard or any species in their likeness.

The Blueberry aliens (aka the Nakai) would be interesting, along with the Ursini. I must suppose the Nakai were far more advanced than they were letting on.

I actually have many story ideas, but I wouldn't want to include them in a Stargate-related forum, just because the writers might also frequent this place and so might not be able to use the ideas if they happen to like it themselves (because legal stuff).

What we haven't had so far is the kind of biological monster that's monster-like, but actually a mix of good and bad entities. This has usually been due to budgetary constraints of generating believable SFX from episode to episode. (SGU was the one Stargate show to make it right all the way.)
                        • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                        • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                        • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

my first thought was Klingons but I guess they are the jaffa in stargate. Actually many of the races are similar to those in star trek:

jaffa: klingon
                          achients: Q continuum
                          tollans: romulans
                          asgard: vulcans
                          ori:changelings/deminion (they both rule by religion and not interacting with lower members)
                          tokra: trill: both have symbotes that are co-existing not evil (this one has some differences)
                          talya's people: bajorians

anyhow, I think if I had to pick one I would second the ferengi.
                          Last edited by blueray; 01 January 2014, 12:57 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would introduce another peaceful race like the ancients at the point where they close to ascension. For the crew to tell them about what they knew about it and an equally evil race that hunts them down to drain the knowledge out them leaving them almost brain dead. It would be a lesson to that race on how to fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              my first thought was Klingons but I guess they are the jaffa in stargate. Actually many of the races are similar to those in star trek:

jaffa: klingon
                              achients: Q continuum
                              tollans: romulans
                              asgard: vulcans
                              ori:changelings/deminion (they both rule by religion and not interacting with lower members)
                              tokra: trill: both have symbotes that are co-existing not evil (this one has some differences)
                              talya's people: bajorians

anyhow, I think if I had to pick one I would second the ferengi.
                              You forgot - Borg: replicators!

Comment

Working...
                              X