SG1 - What did they mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - What did they mean to you?

If you could sum up what the original SG1 team meant to you (O'Neill/Teal'c/Carter/Daniel & Jonas if you'd like)

What did they mean to you? In terms of any inspiration they gave you for FanFic ideas, or what they meant to you in general in terms of feelings etc.

Well, I got into it a few months ago and since it's been my favourite show ever. To sum up what I think of the original characters, now that I'm up to season 9, I probably won't watch any more.

Comment

The first 7 seasons were the real deal. I liked the characters, the plot and the stories that were told. Season 8 was kind of boring except a couple of episodes and the last two seasons, although they had some good episodes, were unnecessary in my opinion. I think if they were going to conclude the show, they should've ended it with season 8.

Overall, Stargate SG-1 was a classic series and for me, it's also a cult series. However, it was too long. If they'd end it with the movie at the end of season 7 like they planned, maybe the other two series could have a chance for being actually finished the way they deserve it. But that's for another thread.

Comment

Hmmm….hubby and I have loved the show from the beginning, and have watched it many times. This past year though, it came to mean an awful lot. Hubby was in Afghanistan from May '12 to May '13 and our 10 year old son (turned 11 while hubby was gone) was having a hard time with it. I noticed he was listening to a lot of hubby's favorite music, and decided to show him SG-1, because it was Dad's favorite show. He was hooked from the beginning. He loved the movie but the show really got him. We watched all 10 seasons in the year hubs was gone, and whenever hubs got to call, they would talk about the eps we had watched, and laugh over things they liked. It really helped our son feel more connected to hubby during that very long year. While I've always loved the show, this alone will always give it a very special place in my heart.

I do write SG1 ff, shipping Jack and Sam, because the writers never gave us what we wanted. Damn them for not making that 3rd movie!

Oh, and RDA was smoking hot!
        FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
        I Saw Three Ships
        What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
        Staying Behind
        Always Find You
        Paper Flowers
        The Things We Want
        Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

I actually didn't get a chance to watch sg-1 when it was on. So I guess to me, every time I rewatch an episode it makes me think of college, when my roommate got me to watch it. I didn't plan originally watching sg-1, just sga, but after I finished that I wanted more so I ended up watching all 10 seasons of sg-1. It was nice to have someone to talk about it.
          sigpic

Comment

I was a late comer to SG1. I didn't realize it was on until my favorite show Star Trek Voyager was off the air. And I think for the first few years Stargate was on Showtime and I didn't have access to that. It caught my interest. It quickly became my new favorite. I have always liked sci-fi and mythology as well. Stargate is a combination of the two. I don't like all sci-fi and I am very disappointed with the SYFY channel now.

In later years I have become more interested in the shows Bones and NCIS. And I used to not like stuff like that.

Comment

what i wanted this verse to venture into "superhuman" territory more... they did that a bit but they stopped...

what it i meant to be was that i love this series more than any other ever made... the "potential" of this saga is unlimited... i didn't even like space operas or sci fi in general up until 3 years ago and in these 3 years i have watched them all and so many times that i have almost memorized it all... i have seen stargate franchise so much that now it pains me to see an episode as i see almost every blunder and opportunities missed...

Comment

SG1 got me to love sci FI. And my first fan fic inspiration was because this show came to an end.
                sigpic
                Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

I'm a late comer as well. But the main draw was Sam. I liked that she was both smart and pretty. And she could kick some serious butt while doing that!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
                    SG1 got me to love sci FI. And my first fan fic inspiration was because this show came to an end.
                    It was one of my favorite TV series when I was a teen! I wrote many stories about next adventures of this team,in my opinion they are best team.
                    sigpic

Comment

Late comer here also. I didn't even know it was on back when it aired, probably because I was obsessed with The X-Files at the time and didn't watch anything else. Then, years later, I caught an episode on TV. My thought process went something like:
                      "Hey, that's MacGyver. I love MacGyver. Wait, he looks older and why is he wearing military clothes. Dang he looks hot. Ooh and aliens! And spaceships! MacGyver in space?!?! Holy crap, how did I miss this??"
                      Yep, loved it ever since

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                        Late comer here also. I didn't even know it was on back when it aired, probably because I was obsessed with The X-Files at the time and didn't watch anything else. Then, years later, I caught an episode on TV. My thought process went something like:
                        "Hey, that's MacGyver. I love MacGyver. Wait, he looks older and why is he wearing military clothes. Dang he looks hot. Ooh and aliens! And spaceships! MacGyver in space?!?! Holy crap, how did I miss this??"
                        Yep, loved it ever since
                        I loved MacGyver aswell ! lol I was obsessed.and my bro liked him too so when we heard there's gonna be a sci-fi show with RDA on our tv we were like ''gotta watch it '' and YEAH , it was a good decision

as for SG1 ..they still DO MEAN a lot to me. me loves my SG1 . they are such a gallery of precious beings.Bringing so many feelings. I don't think I will ever get enough of this show . Always great to rewatch .Always entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                        X