Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impossible Girl Side Effects (Spoilers for DOTD and Name of the Doctor). Spoilers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible Girl Side Effects (Spoilers for DOTD and Name of the Doctor). Spoilers!!!

I’m wondering what side effects Clara might experience after becoming the Impossible Girls in Name of the Doctor. Here is what we have seen so far:

(1) Clara was able to open the TARDIS door with a voice command and close the door with a snap of her fingers.

(2) Clara was teaching a history class of some sort at the beginning of Day of the Doctor. Did she get her knowledge of history from living all the Impossible Girl lives? I suspect this is not a coincidence!

(3) Clara was in the Dark Archive before but didn’t initially remember it. It’s possible her memory was wiped after her previous visit but, what if she visited the Dark Archive in a different Impossible Girls Life? Later Clara looks at the pictures in the Dark Archive as if she is remembering past lives and thus her past life visit to the Dark Archive.

What do think fo my theories? Will we see more side effects? I think so!

Interesting question. As for the history class... could be, but I guess, anyone how travels with the Doctor for a whiele gets asolid knowlege of history, so I wouldn't overstreach this.

As for remberbering... The Clara we've seen from Bells of St John onwards, did't know thing about the Doctor or whre he met her before. That'S why it was all BEFORE she jumpt into the timestream to safe him, If I'm getting it right though, the previous Clara(s) (we've seen the victorian version and the girl in the Dalek) DOES remember the Doctor, but for some reasen (I guess rather to ceep the audiance in the dark, and maybe a little to tease the Doctor) act's like she's never seen him befor. SO yes, it woul be interesting, if she rembers these adventures, once she got out of the timestream... and what it will do to her.

As for pint 3. Yes, it seems quite likely she's been there in a diffrend life.

One more question: How does she appere in all those different lifes? Does she get born and have a childhood and all that or does she rather just pop up somewhere in the past or in the future (and will we cross other versions from her in eps to come? as a 20something old girl?
    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

At the end of Name of the Doctor right after Clara jumps in the time stream, there is a shot of a woman holding a baby followed by a young girl, followed by Clara in the pub. This is obviously Clara growing up in Victorian England. Then Clara say "I'm born, I live, I die".

However, point #1 is the most interesting to me. As far as I know, no other companion has been able to snap her fingers to open and close the TARDIS door.

Comment

Realy? Ok, you paid more attention than me. Thank you One question solved.

However, point #1 is the most interesting to me. As far as I know, no other companion has been able to snap her fingers to open and close the TARDIS door.
        River probably can do that as well, even, if we've never seen her dooing it. But we know she flies the TARDIS better than the Doctor. I'm just guessing here. But otherwise, yeah, you're probably right.
        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I had to pop in the DVD to find that quote! HeHeHe...

Comment

Working...
          X