Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did it happen before or not? (Spoilers for DOTD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did it happen before or not? (Spoilers for DOTD)

So,
    Spoiler:

Are the events on how the Time War ended now the same or different from how they ended the first time?

The Doctor (10/11) said that they did see it burn before, inferring that the Moment was used in their memory. But, was that a false memory created by the re-adjusting timelines?

OR was the resolution that we saw what always happened?

*side thought, even if the events when he met 10/11 were forgotten, he would still remember having the Moment at some point. Bad Wolf/Interface should then be remembered when he meets Rose, Right?
    sigpic

The way I read it...

The War Doctor, and Tenth Doctor, remember nothing of what happened during Day of the Doctor... Thus they don't remember saving Gallifrey.

The Universe still believes Gallifrey was wiped out by the Daleks, and visa versa, as the solution that War/Ten/Eleven developed still *looked* like Gallifrey was wiped out by the Daleks, and visa versa. So 10 remembers Gallifrey burning, as it *looked* like it did... and because he doesn't remember DotD to know that they intervened...

Clear as mud?
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Timey wimey memory thingy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        The way I read it...

The War Doctor, and Tenth Doctor, remember nothing of what happened during Day of the Doctor... Thus they don't remember saving Gallifrey.

The Universe still believes Gallifrey was wiped out by the Daleks, and visa versa, as the solution that War/Ten/Eleven developed still *looked* like Gallifrey was wiped out by the Daleks, and visa versa. So 10 remembers Gallifrey burning, as it *looked* like it did... and because he doesn't remember DotD to know that they intervened...

Clear as mud?
        Quite so. And as I would add: They hid awy the planet so the Daleks would kill themself in thir own cross fire. So immagen a fleet off thousends of Daleks fiering on a plannt right in their mids and an very very massive explosion when all of them are distroud by the "Moment". Now imagin the mass of fire and explosion as the Daleks fire at eachother distroing themselfs, but the planet gone from thei center. Do you think while watching the burning and exploding dalek ships from the outside, you would notice, that gallifrey had vanished? I don't think so. So 9, 10 and 11 (til the point of rewriting history (or 10 11 and 12 if you prefer the new counting, still remebering destrying his home isn't even a paradox. He remebers a big ball of fire and destraction, and thinks his peple are still in there.

It's like you see a building break down or a craching car or whatever and beleive something pressious is still inside, becaus you did't notice that someone took it outsinde in time (or forgot that you self took it outside).
        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Given that we start from the War Doctor's point of view and it is The Moment that is the impetus for the time travel mutliple doctor's thing. Then yes, that was the way it happened 'the first time'

Or rather there was only one way it happened. The way we saw it happen in Day of The Doctor.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
          X