Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12... or is it 13? What lays ahead... (DotD spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12... or is it 13? What lays ahead... (DotD spoilers)

G'day,

I know that Moffat has stated that "11" is still "11", etc... BUT as was hilighted by the High Council member in DotD, thirteen Doctors were zooming to the rescue, including the War Doctor and the "Twelfth" Doctor (Capaldi)...

And, am I wrong or did I hear him say - ALL THIRTEEN ?

Meaning - the 13 lives rule is being upheld! (lil jump for joy).

Thus 2014 potentially will bring us the search for Gallifrey (which we possibly now know wont begin with the Christmas story, as it's set on ... well, go watch the teaser if you wish), but also the beginning of the Doctor's end, as he is inhabiting his 13th body... albeit named 12th...

If so, I truly applaud the current production team (for once), and look forward to the ride!

(No, hell no, I don't want the show to end - nor do I expect it to end! But I want this very firmly established piece of WHO's history to be acknowledged and respected, even though of course somehow, somewhy, the Doctor will go on...)

cheers

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

You are right you heard thirteen. An Moffat own strip contradicts his statement, 11, is no longer 11.

Comment

There were 13 doctors there, John Hurt's 8.5 doctor (aka war doctor) was also present and peter capaldi's doctor being the 12th doctor (the last known doctor) makes it 13

If you watch Night of the Doctor the 8th doctor (paul mcgann) drank a special elixer that gave him an extra regeneration, that is also why John Hurt Regenerated at the end of the episode because it was a forced regeneration

Hence Peter Capaldi's no sir all thirteen
      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 24 November 2013, 04:31 PM.
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

It's great that the 13 rule still sticks, however... Moffat has also stated that we're entering Chapter Two of the Doctor's life.
        So... is Capaldi gonna stick around for a looong time or what?
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Doctor 13, Peter Capaldi, probably finds Gallifrey.
          As a reward for saving the Time Lords he is rewarded with a new set of regenerations.

Comment

You might be interested in this article

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...ctor+Who+TV%29

Specifically Steven Moffat said “Paul McGann turns into John Hurt so they’re not the same incarnation. He used up another regeneration and I expect he’ll be in trouble shortly – you can’t break rules laid down in ‘The Deadly Assassin’.”

So yeah, I agree with Fenner Machine, finding Gallifrey and getting a new set of regenerations is going to be linked.

Comment

I gladly DO except Hurt as a full-counting incarnation of the doctor but I would have trouble renumbering the actors. To me Smith stays eleven, Tennant stays ten, and so on. At least it will take me a while to get used to calling Smith 12 etc. Anyway it will get confusing from now on, because in any discussin you have to point out, which way you caounting ad if you mean Hurt or Eccelton when you talk about the 9th Doctor.
              But in the end non of this realy matters (except for the question of orientation which storyline your talking about) because like Moffat said in this artikel: Whatever nummer you give him, teh Doctor is and stays one and the same person.
              As for teh question of who many regenerations he is going to have I liked the joke in the introduktion to the special where the Smith-Doctor is talking about comming from the 1ooth anniversary with all 75 incarnations of teh Doctor.

*sights* Concentrating on work/studing after the special is a lot harder than usually with all this discussions going on.
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                There were 13 doctors there, John Hurt's 8.5 doctor (aka war doctor) was also present and peter capaldi's doctor being the 12th doctor (the last known doctor) makes it 13

If you watch Night of the Doctor the 8th doctor (paul mcgann) drank a special elixer that gave him an extra regeneration, that is also why John Hurt Regenerated at the end of the episode because it was a forced regeneration

Hence Peter Capaldi's no sir all thirteen
                Interesting take, at least we have something to disagree about until it is cleared up...then we can disagree about whether or not we like how they fixed it
                sigpic

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how it goes, that's for sure.
                  sigpic

Comment

Counting the War Doctor and the Regeneration in Journey's End. Smith should in fact be the 13th Doctor and they'll need handwave the limit for the change to Capaldi.

On the other hand they've probably rightly ignoring the idiocy of Journey's End.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by FennerMachine View Post
                      Doctor 13, Peter Capaldi, probably finds Gallifrey.
                      As a reward for saving the Time Lords he is rewarded with a new set of regenerations.
                      ^ This was also my line of thinking in regards to the 12 regenerations.

PS They won't end the show after 13 Doctors now that it is more popular than ever; it has a larger US audience than before, and is the #1 rated show on Space over here in Canada.

Comment

Yes, no way they'd cancel it when it earns the BBC so much money...

And yes, I saw that article with Moffat confirming the 13 limit last night... Yay!

Now though... I really hope "12/Capaldi" (ie ignoring Journeys End's half regen) gets a journey to overcome this limit, and they don't just jam the 13 limit story into Smith's swansong...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

The War Doctor counts. He was there with all thirteen(meaning Capaldi is last) and he was there in the dream sequence. He's the Doctor.

But what I want to know is who the heck is the Curator? Is he the Fourth Doctor from the past who aged up(because he's in Eleventh's timeframe)? Is he the Thirteenth Doctor(if that's possible) who's chosen to re-use his old favourite face? Is he from a parallel universe? Is he a clone?
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

He's fanservice and it will never be referenced again, I'd wager.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              The War Doctor counts. He was there with all thirteen(meaning Capaldi is last) and he was there in the dream sequence. He's the Doctor.

But what I want to know is who the heck is the Curator? Is he the Fourth Doctor from the past who aged up(because he's in Eleventh's timeframe)? Is he the Thirteenth Doctor(if that's possible) who's chosen to re-use his old favourite face? Is he from a parallel universe? Is he a clone?
                              Isn't the curator the Doctor from the future?

The eleventh Doctor says he would quite like to retire and be a curator in a museum.

Then we get this sequence...

We know that Time Lords can change their appearance at will, even copying faces that they like the look of (Romana II in Destiny of the Daleks), so presumably at some point in the distant future the Doctor decides to retire and work in the museum and picks his fourth face as it's one of his favourites.

There are some very TARDIS like roundels on the wall...

Also, Osgood with her interesting scarf works at the museum, presumably with the Curator. I wonder who she got it from...?

Last edited by Blencathra; 26 November 2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X