Wraith vs Goa'uld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith vs Goa'uld?

wraith vs Goa'uld who would win if these two ever meet in combat it is something that i have thought about.

You could probably find a similar discussion in a search.

Just for the heck of it though, I think the Wraith would probably take the Goa'uld - excluding any and all "super weapons" (e.g. Super Hive, Anubis' Superweapon, etc). I think the Wraith out number the Goa'uld in ships and personnel, well that's not including the Jaffa still loyal to the Goa'uld.

Comment

Assuming both sides at their peak the Wraith would crush the Goauld. They have more powerful weapons that would enable them to take on several Goauld ships at once and win.
      To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
      http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
      http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

if all goauld got together with all their slave armies(jaffa) with them then it will be a hard fought battle...

wraith and goauld ships are about the same tbh(both get raped by beam weapons by similar efficiency)... if a goauld mothership and a wraith ship went toe to toe then both ships will be very badly damaged with none coming out as an all out victor. The wraith are overrated like crazy when it comes to their tech... their hyperdrives are of the same quality... their weapons are of the same quality(there is abso-freaking-lutely no evidence that a wraith hive ship has stronger energy weapons than a goauld ship but there is evidence that goauld shields make them more durable than simple live tissue hull of the wraith ships)... wraith do not have shields but have regenerating hulls. It is all equal to be fair. Now the wraith defeated the ancients so that is why people would say that they are stronger but if you think by "logic" and not the "writer's logic" then they are very equal(there is no way they could have beaten ancients, there is just no damn logical explanation possible)... they have similar resources, even though goauld ruled a much much much larger galaxy. The wraith only became a threat as the ancients underestimated them and let them capture a few zpm with which the wraith created clone armies(still they should not have been a threat). The goauld are a warring faction... they are super cunning and would not underestimate the wraith. The goauld had far more ships than wraith too(yes hundreds) while the wraith have like 60(lets not talk about a long long battle where new things are made for battle as even in that the goauld will win)...

The only reason people think the wraith can win against goauld is because of the hive's energy weapons... they can be better than that of the goauld but maybe they are not... there is no way to know for sure as earth was always stupid enough and never salvaged hataks and built their ships from ground up... goauld tech is not something to put aside that easily...

Wraith beat ancients with numbers(whoever stupid person was in charge of atlantis to not just move the city in between attack waves and save a freaking siege of years) and that number game won't fly with goaulds

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
          if all goauld got together with all their slave armies(jaffa) with them then it will be a hard fought battle...
          The wraith can pretty much live in space. They have no strongholds to defend. They can just level the Goa'uld armies.

I don't see how this can be considered an even fight. The wraith will absolutely steamroll the Goa'uld.

Comment

Hand to hand obviously I think the Wraith would win, but Goa'uld are sneaky and if they snuck into a few Wraith, who knows?

Comment

yeah thats what i thought but a snake o neils term for the Goa'uld take over a wraith i think that would be terrible foe.

Comment

One thing to consider is that the Goa'uld are a bit more subversive in their tactics since the actual Goa'uld ranks are fairly small. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to infiltrate the Wraith either by implanting symbiotes into some Wraith hosts and/or with Zatarcs and other forms of sabotage.

As far as pure combat though, I'd wager the Wraith have the upper hand with all of the drones, and the sheer size of their Hives compared to Ha'taks.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  The wraith can pretty much live in space. They have no strongholds to defend. They can just level the Goa'uld armies.

I don't see how this can be considered an even fight. The wraith will absolutely steamroll the Goa'uld.
                  anyone with starships can pretty much live in space with no need to land... i am not talking about goauld armies as in ground forces but the ones that are in their ships which can carry thousands of jaffa... my point is the "Resources"... the wraith do not feed in space entirely... they have to land to get humans and build ships and what not..

it is considered a fight as the goauld will win in the end as their ships are more durable... the only way wraith can win against the bigger number of hatak vessels is if their ship weapon fire is superior and there is no evidence of that fact AT ALL but rather they look pretty equal... it also depends on the number of starships that both parties possess and goauld have many times more hatak and many many slave armies to spit out as many ships as they want...

in hand to hand the goauld will lose and in ground offensive with wraith stun guns vs jaffa army with staff weapons, it would be even as the jaffa are in millions while the wraith are not...but if a goauld can take a wraith as a host then GAME OVER. These are a normal vs scienrio but as they are space faring races... we should talk about space battles and i bet on goaulds taking it due to more durable ships due to shields and more amount of star ships... now how i am sure about a hatak being more durable than a hive ship? well a hatak took a multi gigaton missile on its face(sg1 season 2 ep 01) and it was like scratching its back while a hive got badly damaged with a Daedalus ordinary nuke... considering that, even if the hive's weapon fire is more superior, they would be destroyed by hataks... and even if it is too much for a single hatak then a couple would be able to do it...

basically the goauld have far more advantages than the wraith... e.g if wraith die they die... if hatak gets destroyed then couple a dozen goauld die while mostly just jaffa die which are acceptable losses. Goauld are good with dna manipulation and might be able to make a goauld that can take wraith hosts... game over right there as there is nothing much between them when it comes to sheer technological capabilites... wraith are only hazardous due to their feeding capabilites, they were like lambs to slaughter against beam weapons.

GOAULDS WIN

Comment

Goa'uld would win plain in simple, they have more ships bigger armies and they can just put a Goa'uld in a wraith to extract information

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                      Goa'uld would win plain in simple, they have more ships bigger armies and they can just put a Goa'uld in a wraith to extract information
                      I'm not sure that's true. Maybe in 1997 before the Jaffa started rebelling on a large scale. Once the Goa'uld starting losing their armies in droves that crippled their effectiveness. If the combined power of the System Lords only amounts to the "armies" of maybe 1-2 actual System Lords, the Wraith have them beat in numbers no question.

It's possible they have more ships, especially if you consider the variations in ship type that they have, but one Wraith Hive ship may equal two or three Ha'taks or more.

Comment

A good point of comparison of Wraith and Goa'uld ships can actually come to us via the Ori- specifically the battle between the Ori and Hataks at the end of Season 9.

Lets say that Hataks have 100 hit points for their shields. The Ori main beam weapon can punch through the shields and the hull and keep on going.

This same weapon takes two hits to reduce a 304's shields to zero- so they have more than 200 hit points. They can weather more than twice the firepower of a Hatak.

The Wraith can batter a 304's shields quite heavily and quite quickly, as we've seen in nearly every engagement between a Hive and a 304. If they can do that to a 304, they can easily take out Hataks.

This is a ratio very much in a Hive's favour. 4 to 1, 5 to 1 in favour of the Wraith at least. Especially when you consider how many weapons a Hive carries, and the tremendous number of Darts.
                        To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                        http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                        http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by darth_timon View Post
                          A good point of comparison of Wraith and Goa'uld ships can actually come to us via the Ori- specifically the battle between the Ori and Hataks at the end of Season 9.

Lets say that Hataks have 100 hit points for their shields. The Ori main beam weapon can punch through the shields and the hull and keep on going.

This same weapon takes two hits to reduce a 304's shields to zero- so they have more than 200 hit points. They can weather more than twice the firepower of a Hatak.

The Wraith can batter a 304's shields quite heavily and quite quickly, as we've seen in nearly every engagement between a Hive and a 304. If they can do that to a 304, they can easily take out Hataks.

This is a ratio very much in a Hive's favour. 4 to 1, 5 to 1 in favour of the Wraith at least. Especially when you consider how many weapons a Hive carries, and the tremendous number of Darts.
                          Nice deduction, makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by darth_timon View Post

i agree to some extent... that can be quite accurate... BUT if the wraith weapons is like 4-5 times more powerful then the ship itself is like 4-5 times more susceptible to damage due to no shields(my previous comparison would show that a goauld shield can take multi gigaton warhead like a charm while a simple nuked crippled a hive ship)... that would make the ships even really...

now another point is that the x-304 were not that awesome at the time when they faced the ori(in season 4 of atlantis they are mega awesome as they have all the asgard upgrades like the best possible shields and hyperdrives and plasma beam weapons)... the x-304(daedalus) went against 10 wraith hive ships and escaped even when its shields were not the best possible versions... the x-304 mostly got its shields battered because it had craptastic weapons(rail guns and useless missiles only) so they would have just depleted eventually and gone out and they didn't neccessary showed us how long it took...

anyways, if one hatak cannot do the job then i think a couple would take down a hive ship although i think the goauld weapons are a lot lot more powerful than rail guns so they would easily damage a hive even if it is one... and the darts aren't really that good to penetrate bit star ship shields...

fun-fact.. i was just watching season 6 and the episode "unnatural selection"... and i calculated the time thor took to tow prometheus back to earth(5 seconds... damn) which was 1200 light years which equates to 240 light years per second(damn damn damn)... which means they could cover a distance of 3 million light years(earth to atlantis) in about 3.5 hours(that is too much man)... and i calculated that they would take about 48 days to travel a billion light years, which means the asgards must have explored most of the universe(48 days when a ship is being towed otherwise it would have taken even less)... atleast they would know if there is an end to it or is it circular etc...

Comment

I think that in a straight forward battle between the two races the Goa'uld would win, not by much but they would win because of a couple of key components.
                              Ha'tak's have shields which can resist ship to ship fire and even protect the ship when nearby ships are destroyed unlike the hive ships of the wraith which can be easily destroyed by the shockwave and debris of other ships.
                              Ha'tak's have superior manoeuvrability which can be seen when they entered battles with the Ori, Hive ships are the largest of all stargate vessels even larger than Atlantis which means that they are slow and not very manoeuvrable.
                              Hive ships suffer from extremely bad hyperspace technology which is one of their bigger downfalls, There organic hulls need time to regenerate after the harsh radiation of subspace travel meaning limited time in hyperspace and once out of hyperspace they cannot re-enter hyperspace until the hull has regenerated, Ha'tak's do not suffer from any of these problems thanks to their non-organic hulls.
                              However if a wraith ships with a ZPM showed up to the fight I have no doubt that the Goa'uld would be all but wiped out but since ZPM's are extremely rare and it is difficult to integrate them into wraith systems the likely hood of this is slim at best.

Comment

Working...
                              X