Communication Stone Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Stone Compatibility

Has anyone come up with how the blue aliens were compatible with the communication stones?

They seemed to have enough personality/sentience/intelligence to transfer. Frankly, I never saw that as a problem.

However, I think it was a huge missed opportunity that they never had a man and a woman switch bodies, seems like a lost opportunity to tell stories, and not only salacious ones either.
    sigpic

Comment

I guess there was no other reason to think they wouldn't be. The Ancients designed them with the view to explore other worlds in this immersive way as well as a means to communicate with other cultures without having to risk lives and ships travelling to the far reaches of the universe. The technology must adjust to different brain waves and communicate some knowledge of the physiology of the body they are entering. It could explain the long period of the blue alien in Young just sitting still initially and Young standing still in the corridor of the alien ship whilst the other alien looked at him questioningly for a moment.

Maybe that's why Young was able to adjust what seemed to be effortlessly to me when he ended up in the alien's body and visa versa with the blue alien in Young's body moving quickly to attack Greer. It's always bugged me how Young was able to just take off and move the alien body, use the alien legs that bent the opposite way to human legs. His mind would not automatically make the legs walk the same way, or did the aliens even have lungs so making breathing a totally different experience for both Young and the blue alien in Young's body.

I think they could have made more of them adjusting to eachother's bodies, shown some awkwardness and mishaps as they adjusted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        However, I think it was a huge missed opportunity that they never had a man and a woman switch bodies, seems like a lost opportunity to tell stories, and not only salacious ones either.
        Technically they did with Vala going into Daniel.

Comment

Working...
        X