Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweet from Big Finish

With 7 days to go until #DoctorWho Dark Eyes, today we started recording the follow-up Doom Coalition. Details in the coming weeks...

I'm really excited & curious to know what they are planning

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      Tweet from Big Finish

I'm really excited & curious to know what they are planning
      Me too! With BF and BBC seemingly jumping over a licensing issue they once had, it seems that anything and anyone is possible now and Doom Coalition could certainly benefit from it!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

They've recently reiterated that they won't cover the Time War... but who knows... maybe rule 1 applies to Big Finish as well?

SO excited!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'd love it if they explained how the Eighth Doctor ended up going to rescue that girl from The Night Of The Doctor.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

A Sixth Doctor - The Last Adventure Spoiler from Gallifrey One

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/a-si...-gallifrey-one

Executive Producer Jason Haigh-Ellery gave a special spoiler to a waiting audience at Gallifrey One last week...

Spoiler:

Jason exclusively announced that Seventh Doctor actor Sylvester McCoy has recorded a special cameo for the upcoming release of Doctor Who: The Sixth Doctor - The Last Adventure.

"It's a regeneration story, and so we just had to have an apperance by the next Doctor." says Jason.

Sylvester makes his cameo in the final story, The Brink of Death, by Nicholas Briggs...

"But How?' I hear you asking. 'Won't this contradict Time and the Rani?' The answers are 'Wait and See' and 'No, not at all'. That Briggs is a very clever man..."

Doctor Who: The Sixth Doctor - The Last Adventure is avaliable to pre-order now.

For more Big Finish news straight from Gallifrey One, check out today's Big Finish Podcast, recorded at the convention!

Comment

Wait, so does that mean Colin Baker is retiring from Big Finish?
              And didn't they already do his regeneration in Spiral Scratch?
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Wait, so does that mean Colin Baker is retiring from Big Finish?
                And didn't they already do his regeneration in Spiral Scratch?
                No, Colin isn't retiring. There's still a lot of pre-regeneration stories for him to tell.
                Book...audio...It depends on what you count as canon.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  No, Colin isn't retiring. There's still a lot of pre-regeneration stories for him to tell.
                  Book...audio...It depends on what you count as canon.
                  Oh, that's nice.
                  I consider everything that doesn't directly contradict the series canon. Hence why Moffat is such an arch-enemy of mine.

Comment

Isn't it today that Dark Eyes 4 is out on download?

Comment

It is indeed!

DOCTOR WHO - DARK EYES 4 - DOWNLOAD NOW

It's been much anticipated, and today the Download for Doctor Who - Dark Eyes 4 goes live...

Today the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann)'s epic adventure draws to a conclusion, battling with friend Liv Chenka (Nicola Walker) against the Eminence, the Daleks, and the Master in Doctor Who - Dark Eyes 4!

4.1 A Life in the Day

The Doctor and Liv return to post-World War One London, where the Doctor meets Kitty Donaldson, and Liv strikes a friendship with her brother Martin. But what mysterious force is hunting them?

4.2 The Monster of Montmartre

The Doctor and Liv’s investigations bring them to Paris, where a monster stalks the streets.

4.3 Master of the Daleks

The Master and the Dalek Time Controller have forged an alliance. History hangs in the balance, and this time the Doctor can’t help…

4.4 Eye of Darkness

It’s the endgame. Truths will be revealed, and a hero will make the ultimate sacrifice.

The Download of Doctor Who - Dark Eyes 4 is available from today for all those who've pre-ordered (on either CD or Download), or who buy from now onward. The CD release of Doctor Who - Dark Eyes 4 will be later in the month once stock is in the warehouse - watch this space for more news.

Doctor Who - Dark Eyes is available as several Bundles for those wanting the complete saga at a bargain price. And the Eighth Doctor's adventures will continue in Doctor Who - Doom Coalition later in the year...
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Doctor Who: The Third Doctor Adventures - Cover Revealed

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...cover-revealed

Today we reveal the explosive cover for the welcome return of the Third Doctor in Doctor Who - The Third Doctor Adventures (Volume 1)!

Released in October, Doctor Who - The Third Doctor Adventures - Volume 1 is a five-disc set which sees Tim Treloar take on the role of Jon Pertwee's classic space dandy in two new full-cast adventures, with Jo Grant (Katy Manning) and Captain Mike Yates (Richard Franklin) along for the ride!

Prisoners of the Lake (by Justin Richards)

The Havoc of Empires (by Andy Lane)

More details coming soon so watch this space!

Doctor Who: The Third Doctor Adventures, a five-disc, jewel-case set, will be released in October 2015 - to pre-order, or to see the brand new Tom Webster-designed cover, visit the page here - http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-volume-1-1158

Comment

Blehhhhh. I do not care for re-casting of roles made iconic by one particular actor/actress. If said actor has died, it's time to retire the character, not hire an impersonator. They wouldn't dare hire impersonators of Nicholas Courtney or Lis Sladen, so I don't know how they decided it was okay for Pertwee.

This? Even their cover art, with the shrouding of the Doctor's face, seems to subtly say they aren't confident in Treolar's Pertwee impression.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

LOL, I was waiting for that.

Actually I'm quite looking forward to this one. I really like Jo Grant and I've always found it sad that we didn't get any 3rd Doctor adventures with her. I don't mind a re-casting provided it is done well. For example, I was extremely pleased with David Bradley's interpretation of William Hartnell/First Doctor in An Adventure in Space and Time.

So I think I'll get this & see what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              LOL, I was waiting for that.

Actually I'm quite looking forward to this one. I really like Jo Grant and I've always found it sad that we didn't get any 3rd Doctor adventures with her. I don't mind a re-casting provided it is done well. For example, I was extremely pleased with David Bradley's interpretation of William Hartnell/First Doctor in An Adventure in Space and Time.

So I think I'll get this & see what it's like.
                              I thought Tim Treolar's impersonation of Pertwee in The Light at the End was really very impressive. He did a good job I thought. Now, if they could just get John Guilor to Big Finish to do Hartnell again after his very impressive impersonation in the DVD recreation of episode 4 from Planet of Giants and in The Day of the Doctor...well the more Doctor's in new adventures on audio the better I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Blehhhhh. I do not care for re-casting of roles made iconic by one particular actor/actress. If said actor has died, it's time to retire the character, not hire an impersonator. They wouldn't dare hire impersonators of Nicholas Courtney or Lis Sladen, so I don't know how they decided it was okay for Pertwee.

This? Even their cover art, with the shrouding of the Doctor's face, seems to subtly say they aren't confident in Treolar's Pertwee impression.
                                I'm with you on this. I've tried the Early Adventures, and I'm not impressed. Without the original actor, the legitimacy is lost.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X