No announcement yet.

Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've deviated slightly from Big Finish for a moment...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Archive-Tape...words=Cybermen

I got this for Christmas and have just started listening to it. It's not a drama, more like an audio in-universe-documentary on the cyber race. But it's fascinating stuff and really adds to the show. I'd recommend it!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who and Torchwood audio dramas set to continue until 2025
      Big Finish have promised to make more audio dramas for at least another decade

By James Gill
      Friday 6 May 2016 at 10:00AM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...med-until-2025

Whatever happens in the next ten years of your life, you can be sure of one thing: the Doctor will always be by your side.

Yes, audio drama producers Big Finish have confirmed that they have won the rights to continue making Doctor Who and Torchwood dramas until 2025. That's a whole decade's worth of adventures in time and space to look forward to.

The producers made their first Who audio drama in 1999, and recently reunited David Tennant and Catherine Tate for new stories featuring the Tenth Doctor and Donna. The episodes will be released later this month.

Big Finish executive producer – and voice of the Daleks – Nicholas Briggs said he was delighted that Who would continue for many more years.

"Doctor Who is my favourite thing,” he said. “It’s been with me all my life in one form or another. So it’s truly delightful for me that the good old BBC has given us permission to carry on space-time travelling.”

Big Finish produces Doctor Who and Torchwood under licence from BBC Worldwide, and have created episodes featuring the first Ten Doctors and War Doctor John Hurt.

The current licencing deal has been extended until 30th June 2025.

Executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery said, “Thanks to the faith placed in Big Finish by the BBC we can look forward to many years of story progression and real character development for the Doctors and their companions. We are excited about what the future holds and look forward to the next decade of adventures travelling in time and space.”

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Big Finish: The War Doctor 3: Agents of Chaos

Saturday, 14 May, 2016 - Reported by Mark Pattison

Agents of Chaos
        Big Finish has announced further details for the third release in its War Doctor series, starring John Hurt and Jacqueline Pearce.

This Autumn, the Time War rages on with the War Doctor set to face Sontarans, an invasion of Earth and the Dalek Time Strategist.

John Hurt returns as the War Doctor in September 2016, in three full cast audio plays from Big Finish productions. Doctor Who - The War Doctor 3: Agents of Chaos is the third volume in the ongoing saga, in which the War Doctor and Cardinal Ollistra (Jacqueline Pearce) are thrown deeper into the Time War.

The set opens with The Shadow Vortex by David Llewellyn, in which the Time Lords have detected that their quantum shield protecting Earth has been breached by the Daleks, and the War Doctor is sent to Berlin 1961, at the height of the Cold War, to investigate. There he finds that the Daleks have their own agent on the scene… That agent is played by
        Neve McIntosh, best known to Doctor Who fans as Madame Vastra of the Paternoster Gang, while the cast also includes Honeysuckle Weeks as Heleyna.

‘I was given a very open brief: Send the War Doctor to Earth,’ says David. ‘So then I started thinking, "Where on Earth (literally) can I picture the War Doctor?" and the first image that came to mind was Berlin's Brandenburg Gate in the early '60s - checkpoints in place, the boundary between East and West. Time War meets Cold War. Then I pictured a Dalek saucer landing right in front of it. Then I pictured the skies above Berlin swarming with Daleks. Then I got really, really excited and I started to write.’

In The Eternity Cage by
        Andrew Smith, the Sontarans continue their campaign to join the Time War - while the Time Lords and the Daleks refuse to allow them to join in. This may change, however, when the Sontarans score a victory over both sides…

The story will be Andrew's second set in Time War after the upcoming release of The Sontaran Ordeal in Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters Volume 1.

Dan Starkey (also known for playing the Paternoster Gang’s butler Strax) is the Sontarans, while Josh Bolt (Last Tango in Halifax, Benidorm) plays Kalan.

‘I was asked to write a story taking for its inspiration Alistair MacLean’s Where Eagles Dare,’ says Andrew. ‘So we have an apparently impenetrable fortress on a mountaintop, and the Doctor leading an elite group on a rescue mission. But instead of the German army trying to stop them, it’s Sontarans! With the Daleks not far away either.’

The fate of Gallifrey hangs in the balance in Eye of Harmony by Ken Bentley, in which the Daleks gain the upper hand, while the Doctor and his allies fight to stay alive against all odds.

‘I grew up watching war films,’ says Ken. ‘They were a staple of weekend viewing when I was a boy, so it was great to have the opportunity to explore the genre in Doctor Who, where we generally avoid anything too dark. But even more exciting is that fact that I've written a play for John Hurt. JOHN HURT!! If you'd told me that might happen when I first started working for Big Finish I wouldn't have believed you.’

The box-set also introduces a new player into the Time War - the Dalek Time Strategist, who is voiced, as with the Daleks, by
        Nicholas Briggs

‘At the end of Dark Eyes, and the defeat of the Dalek Time Controller, it was hinted that a new 'Time Strategist' would be created in its wake…’ explains script editor
        Matt Fitton.

‘Daleks never go to war without a plan, and a Time War needs a special kind of planner, capable of viewing the field of conflict through four dimensions and beyond. This is the Dalek Time Strategist: a time-sensitive war-leader, utterly dedicated to achieving Dalek victory over the Time Lords by any means it can.’

You can pre-order Doctor Who - The War Doctor 3: Agents of Chaos from the Big Finish website.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Big Finish: Eighth Doctor 20th Anniversary Special Offer
          Saturday, 14 May, 2016 - Reported by Mark Pattison

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/05...516190008.html

As Paul McGann's Eighth incarnation marks 20 years since waking up on a mortuary slab in San Franciso, Big Finish is running a series of special offers this weekend in celebration.

In the Doctor Who Main Range, starting with Doctor Who: Storm Warning, the first eleven titles are permanently reduced at £2.99 each to download, including the 40th Anniversary spectacular Doctor Who: Zagreus. You can even get the behind-the-scenes CD release on how these early stories were made with Big Finish Talks Back: The Eighth Doctor Authors, for only £5 this weekend.

The Eighth Doctor's further Main Range adventures continue with the Doctor and Charlotte teaming up with alien C'rizz (Conrad Westmaas) in the Divergent Universe. These are just £5 each on both CD and download this weekend, with selected bundles of stories also reduced.

The Eighth Doctor Adventures are hour-long audio dramas that see the Doctor travel with the feisty Lucie 'bleedin' Miller (Sheridan Smith) across four series. All 34 adventures are £5 each on CD and to download, with discounted series bundles also available.

The critically acclaimed Doctor Who: Dark Eyes series, sees the Doctor meet volunteer nurse Molly O'Sullivan (Ruth Bradley) in the trenches of the First World War. All four boxsets in the Dark Eyes saga can be enjoyed for just £20 each this weekend, or together in a bundle with free UK postage.

The Eighth Doctor's latest release is Doctor Who: Doom Coalition. The first two box-sets have been reduced back to their pre-order price of £20 each. All four box-sets can be purchased in one Doomwood Coalition bundle, which as with the majority of Big Finish releases, contains complimentary digital copies with all CD orders.

Paul McGann returns to the Main Range in Doctor Who: The Company of Friends, a special anthology teaming him with New Adventures companion Bernice Summerfield (Lisa Bowerman), BBC Books' Fitz Kreiner (Matt di Angelo), Doctor Who Magazine's Izzy Sinclair (Jemima Rooper) and Frankenstein author Mary Shelley (Julie Cox), who then joins the Doctor for a Main Range trilogy. These are all £5 on CD and download.

The Doctor unites with old friends Romana (Lalla Ward) and K9 (John Leeson) in Doctor Who: Shada, discovers new family members in Doctor Who: An Earthly Child, almost meets his future love in The Diary of River Song: Series 1 and unites with his former incarnations in Doctor Who: The Light at the End (available in both standard and Limited Edition).

The Eighth Doctor's Companion Chronicle adventure Doctor Who: Solitaire and his Destiny of the Doctors instalment Doctor Who: Enemy Aliens are at special offer prices. Two new Doctor Who Short Trip adventures Doctor Who: Foreshadowing and Doctor Who: The Curse of the Fugue, are also permanently at £2.99 each.

The single episode adventure Doctor Who: Klein's Story can be downloaded for free, starring Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Tracey Childs as Elizabeth Klein and Paul McGann as the mysterious Johann Schmidt. The footbal-themed Doctor Who: Living Legend is also available for free.

The Eighth Doctor's journeys will continue in Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 3 and Doom Coalition 4, Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters Volume 1 and Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor – The Time War. Pre-orders on each box-set are £20 each on both CD and to download.

For the true collectors out there, you can pre-order the acclaimed Doctor Who: The Chimes of Midnight Limited Vinyl Edition, strictly limited to 500 copies and available for £79.99.

And for this weekend only, the ultimate Eighth Doctor 20th Anniversary Bundle, contains over 90 Eighth Doctor adventures, including those available to pre-order! The CD Bundle is £640 with free UK postage and includes downloads for those stories not available on CD. The Download bundle is £555.

Please note that both bundles contain the Limited Edition version of Doctor Who: The Light at the End instead of the standard version. Doctor Who: Shada, Big Finish Talks Back: The Eighth Doctor Authors and Doctor Who: The Chimes of Midnight Limited Vinyl Edition are not included in the download bundle.

These special offers end noon on Monday May 16th. You can explore the entire range on the Eighth Doctor Collected page.

Comment

Friendly reminder: the first volume of Big Finish's "Tenth Doctor Adventures" audio plays releases tomorrow, exclusively on the Big Finish website!

DOCTOR WHO: THE TENTH DOCTOR ADVENTURES – COMING MAY 16TH 2016!

The wait is nearly over! The Doctor and Donna return in one month's time!

Coming Monday, May 16th 2016, Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures presents three brand new stories based on the New Series of Doctor Who, starring David Tennant and Catherine Tate as the much-loved paring of the Tenth Doctor and Donna Noble.

From beneath the streets of London, to the spaceport planet Calibris, to the beautiful land of Goritania, the Doctor and Donna tumble through the Time Vortex in new adventurers recreating a beloved era of Doctor Who.

The series opens with Doctor Who – The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Technophobia by Matt Fitton, which is set in a London slightly in the future, where mankind is gradually losing its ability to use everyday technology. Could there be an evil force at work?

In Doctor Who – The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Time Reaver by Jenny T Colgan, the Doctor and Donna arrive on Calibris - ‘An entirely mechanical planet. Catch, hitch, fuel, fix, buy, pretty much any kind of transportation in existence.’ It’s also a world full of scoundrels, where a deadly black market has opened up in a device known only as the Time Reaver.

Finally, in Doctor Who – The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Death and the Queen by James Goss, Donna is swept along in a fairytale romance and meets the man of her dreams in the beautiful land of Goritania. What can possibly go wrong? And why has the Doctor never heard of Goritania?

You can pre-order all three stories today, either individually or as part of the Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures Volume 1 – Limited Edition set. Limited to just 5,000 copies and available exclusively from bigfinish.com, this lavish book-sized box set includes exclusive artwork, photography, articles, a one-hour documentary featuring interviews with the stars and production team – alongside a bonus documentary examining the worlds of Doctor Who at Big Finish. Check out our video guide to the set's contents below.

You can pre-order your copy for just £30 on CD or £25 to download, with the individual stories available for just £10.99 each on CD or £8.99 to download (with bundles also available). With complimentary download copies included with all CD orders of these releases, pre-ordering gives you the perfect chance to ensure you're one of the first to listen to the new stories on May 16th!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...-may-16th-2016
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Anyone else missing Blen?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I sure am
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Anyone else missing Blen?
                  Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I sure am
                  Yes. Absolutely I am missing her. I miss talking with her and playing the Doctor Who Last Letter Game with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Yes. Absolutely I am missing her. I miss talking with her and playing the Doctor Who Last Letter Game with her.
                    No offense Alan, but it's your turn.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Whats happened to Blen, have I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Whats happened to Blen, have I missed something?
                        Stopped posting around the time of all that flooding in England, but that's all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Stopped posting around the time of all that flooding in England, but that's all we know.
                          Oh right, thought Id missed an update or something...

Comment

The Torchwood Team are reunited:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tor...-november-2016

A city under siege, a virus on the loose – and Torchwood is ready! John Barrowman, Gareth David-Lloyd and Eve Myles assemble in a full-cast box-set released in November 2016

Based on the Doctor Who spin-off series created by Russell T Davies, Torchwood: Outbreak is a three-part mini-series which sees Cardiff come under attack from a deadly virus.

Featuring John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones and Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper this new adventure has been written by Guy Adams, Emma Reeves and AK Benedict, taking place before the events of Torchwood: Children of Earth.

"First they know you, then you love, then you kill..."

A medical trial's gone terribly wrong, and one of the test subjects is loose on the streets of Cardiff. Within hours a virus is raging out of control and the bodies start piling up.

The Government scrambles to control the outbreak, but isn't too keen on anyone finding out the dark history of the virus. Captain Jack Harkness has encountered the infection before and knows that something alien is hiding inside it.

With the city sealed off and murderous mobs raging through the streets, Torchwood has to save something even more important than the human race.

'This is pretty much what everyone has wanted from day one,' says producer James Goss. 'Torchwood's holy trinity reunited in a full-cast box-set. Released as part of our celebrations of Torchwood's 10th Anniversary, it sees the Institute at their very best and their very worst. We're so very grateful to John, Gareth and Eve for somehow finding the time in their impossible schedules to save the Earth once again.'

Supporting the survivors of Torchwood Three are original series stars Kai Owen as Rhys Williams and Tom Price as PC Andy Davidson; who will both find themselves fighting for their lives on the streets of Cardiff. Further cast members will be announced soon. The set has been directed by Scott Handcock.

'As soon as John walked through the door, we knew the magic was back,' admits Scott. 'We've worked so hard to reunite the cast and it's just far too much fun in the studio.'

Torchwood: Outbreak is available to pre-order today for just £20 on both CD and to download. The four-disc box-set will also include an exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary, with CD orders also containing a complimentary digital copy, available immediately upon the set's release.

Torchwood: Outbreak will be released from Big Finish in November 2016. It will be available from other retailers on January 31st 2017.

Big Finish's ongoing Torchwood adventures continue in June with Torchwood: Moving Target, starring Indira Varma as Suzie Costello. The entire second series of six audios can be subscribed to together at an additional saving, with Series 1 still available in a special bundle.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

DIGI!

I've just finished episode four (of six) of Gallifrey: Enemy Lines... OMG. This does directly continue from Intervention Earth and it is an absolute roller coaster ride!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                DIGI!

I've just finished episode four (of six) of Gallifrey: Enemy Lines... OMG. This does directly continue from Intervention Earth and it is an absolute roller coaster ride!
                                I will freely and fully admit that EL--in particular Part 6--kind of broke my brain

Comment

Working...
                                X