Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I know just what you mean... I was listening to Seasons of Fear (I think?) just the other day, and it kept being broken up by the Doctor narrating certain bits; like his internal monologue as he was observing things. It's very, very jarring. I'm glad they didn't keep doing it.
    Yeah.... I decided to use some of my recent Ops Bonus on Companion Chronicles (simply because there's no denying that they're canon, alas) but I have a hunch I won't enjoy them. Though I'll admit, I enjoyed The Vault series.

I'm getting close to being fully up to date on the DW side of things (bar the CCs). Look forward to starting on Bernice Summerfield soon. I *really* enjoyed her stuff alongside the Doctor.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Does the Brigadier have a proper send-off story in the audio series?
      Because I find it criminal that RTD didn't have the guts to kill him off. I mean seriously, The Last Stand Of Lethbridge-Stewart would've been almost a classic by default.

And I know he comes back in SJA, but it's not the same.

If Moffat had done the Great Intelligence thing earlier, we could've seen him die fighting the first alien to be immune to bullets.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

No. Just...no.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          No. Just...no.
          Seconded.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Hell it would have been nice if WHOMEVER was in charge of casting for that episode where Matt Smith makes the phone call to The Brigs Old Folks home and he spoke to the nurse (or whatever) has given a performance that didn't sound like a Bored Game Show Presenter....

But then.... Old Show / New Show..I guess.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

A question - do my fellow listeners have any scary story recommendations for Halloween? Any Big Finish range is fine.

I'm also thinking of getting my 14 year old daughter to listen to one with me, so does anyone have a recommendation suitable for her, ie no explicit sex or deaths of animals (killing people is fine ).

Flyboy, I know you liked Beyond the Grave, so I thought I'd check that one out.

Does anyone have any more story recommendations?
              Last edited by Blencathra; 23 September 2014, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Maggie Stables, the actress behind Sixth Doctor companion Evelyn Smythe, passed away on Friday.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was so sad to hear this news. I really liked Evelyn Smythe as a companion. RIP Maggie Stables.

Big Finish have a few offers on this weekend.

Lunar Special Offer - http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/kill...-special-offer

Companion Chronicles S4 & 5 Special Offer - http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/week...ion-chronicles

Comment

What's the best Evelyn Smythe story out there?
                    Note: A Doctor has to be involved. I'm not big on the Companion Chronicles thing.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      What's the best Evelyn Smythe story out there?
                      Note: A Doctor has to be involved. I'm not big on the Companion Chronicles thing.
                      I rather enjoyed Project Twilight....

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...t-twilight-648

and

The Apocalypse Element

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...se-element-626

But ultimately, 'The Nowhere Place' is in a league of it's own!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...here-place-250

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I'm actually gonna take this chance to check out some of the 6th Doctor stories that I've heard a lot of praise for as well.
                        This is going to be an exciting week...

Comment

Dark Eyes 4 individual covers released, plus synopsis:

(spoiler tagged for those even more spoilerphobic than me)
                          Spoiler:
                          In his quest for universal domination, the Master plans to exploit the terrifying Infinite Warriors of the mysterious Eminence. The Doctor's friend, Molly, is key to that plan's execution, and now, aided by corrupted genius Sally Armstrong, the Master is close to success.

Paranoid and perplexed after his recent experience, the Doctor skirts the fringes of the fifty-year conflict between humanity and the Infinite Armies. Wary of changing the course of history, he fears that to fight the Eminence would be to do the Daleks' bidding. But when Time Lord CIA agent Narvin provides the impetus for the Doctor to act, Liv Chenka joins him in a desperate race to save their friend and stop the Master.

As the Doctor goes head to head with his oldest and deadliest rival, this war is about to get very personal indeed...

Comment

I just noticed some stuff on the Gallifrey: Intervention Earth page:
                            - Cover art
                            - it will be 2 CDs
                            - it will be approximately 120 minutes long

Comment

Big Finish have some offers on this weekend

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...-save-the-days

This weekend, we're celebrating those brave teams who combined for in the recent Big Finish release The Worlds of Doctor Who...

To celebrate Big Finish's acclaimed Doctor Who: The Worlds of Doctor Who, this weekend we're running special offers on the series that joined together for this very special release: so until Monday morning (UK time) at a special offer rates on:

Gallifrey - Series 4

Jago & Litefoot Series 1, 2, 3 and 4

Counter-Measures 1 and 2

Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles - Tales from the Vault and Mastermind.

As Doctor Who: The Worlds of Doctor Who was originally intended as an October release, it remains at its pre-order price until the end of this month. There are also pre-orders available on Counter-Measures series 4, Jago & Litefoot series 9 and 10 and February's Gallifrey: Intervention Earth, while Jago & Litefoot's most recent outing - series 8, pitching them against puppets, pandemonium and Patsy, remains at the pre-order price until 1st November...

Lastly, for an 18 minute taste of the Doctor Who: The Worlds of Doctor Who set, visit the page for a free download!

[STOP PRESS!!! The Doctor Who story described as "pure gold" by Doctor Who Monthly, and which has just topped the Big Finish section of DWM's The Best of 2013 poll in the latest issue - Doctor Who: The Light at the End - is joining the above titles at special offer prices.

Again until Monday you can buy Doctor Who: The Light at the End's standard edition at £10 for Download or CD, or the Limited Edition for £20 on Download or £35 in the specially packaged CD set.]

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine have done a survey of the best merchandise for 2013. One of their categories was for Favourite Big Finish production.

Here are the results

Spoiler:

10 - The Lady of Mercia
                                9 - The Wrong Doctors
                                8 - Prisoner of Fate
                                7 - Afterlife
                                6 - 1963: Fanfare for the Commen Men
                                5 - The Auntie Matter
                                4 - Starlight Robbery
                                3 - The Scorchies
                                2 - The Justice of Jalxar
                                1 - The Light at the End