Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years of F.A.C.T.S. - 19&20 october 2013 - Ghent - Belgium

This year, FACTS will celebrate its 20th birthday

For the occasion, we have rented 20.000m² space to welcome our 25.000 visitors from last year and lots of newcomers.

After 20 years, FACTS is still the biggest festival of its kind in Belgium & The Netherlands.

The 23th edition will take place on 19-20 october 2013

Place to be : Flanders Expo - Gent - Belgium

Some of our guests are :

Michael Shanks : Dr. Daniel Jackson from the Stargate series
    Julie Benz : Defiance

More info :
    www.facts.be

We still have signed Stargate pictures for sale in our Shop section from
    - Don S. Davis
    - Corin Nemec
    - Paul McGillion
    - Cliff Simon
    - Morena Baccarin

JulieBenz7.jpg
    MichaelShanks1.jpg

Looking forward to it...got our entry tickets, a hotel in Ghent booked and even managed to combine it with a family visit in Mechelen close by too...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hey, cool!

Any other GW-members going? (beside me that is, and Discodiva)
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just packing up the car before heading to the Shuttle early tomorrow morning..spending a night with hubby's family in Mechelen before driving back to Ghent on the Friday...see everyone who's going (ha yeah right! with the crowds ) and Michael who if his tweets are to be believed is ready for the "off"..

Can't wait....looks like it's going to be a lot of fun......

Deeds xx
        sigpic

Comment

I'm going on Sunday only... The AT-AT (star wars prop) will be set up on Friday.

If you are going on Sunday, the best chance of spotting me is in the afternoon. I'll be dressed up as the Tenth Doctor most like. If you want I can provide images to spot me better perhaps...

Comment

Cool i'm going also. Both days ^^.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AkureiDark View Post
              Cool i'm going also. Both days ^^.
              Will I be able to recognize you among the thousands of others?

Comment

yah good one, i'm going as a star trek captain. TNG then ^^. yeah finaly going to cosplay. Altough the uniform i would with isn't here and i'm afraid i will never get it. Stupid site... O well i have at least a other one to cosplay with ^^.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, I guess I could look out for a TNG captain then...

FYI, I'm a female doctor with a screen accurate 10th Doctor coat and purple sneakers... unless it's too hot like last year, then I won't be wearing the coat inside the room. Though from what they have said, it will be cooler... I sincerely hope so, cause I didn't enjoy the heat much last year.

Comment

Nice *looking for pics so that she can find Fh* Oke right then i will look out for a docter who ^^
                    sigpic

Comment

You don't actually see my face but this what you should be on the look-out for. Best chances of seeing me is in the afternoon.

Comment

Oke will look for you then ^^. altough depends one how long we are staying sunday but i will see. XD
                        sigpic

Comment

Very busy....decided not to wait for the Shanks photo op at 5 pm but did see him at the auto tables and had a chat...also at the talk which was great, although room was ridiculously small for the number of people in there...and I might say so a fire hazard too...

Have to say some of the queuing and information outside could have been clearer and IMHO needed way more Marshall's and volunteers outside...the Ticket wording is very poor too...however the stalls and displays inside were excellent...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Very busy....decided not to wait for the Shanks photo op at 5 pm but did see him at the auto tables and had a chat...also at the talk which was great, although room was ridiculously small for the number of people in there...and I might say so a fire hazard too...
                            Sadly, this has not changed then... and yet, we complain about it every year and every year they make promises they obviously don't tend to keep. If you want I could give it another shot, so any complaints you might have... I can relay them to the organizers. I happen to know a few of them.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Have to say some of the queuing and information outside could have been clearer and IMHO needed way more Marshall's and volunteers outside...the Ticket wording is very poor too...however the stalls and displays inside were excellent...
                            See above, but at least something was good.

Was it warm (or rather hot inside)? Temperature-wise I mean... not the hot kind of seeing Shanks in the flesh.

Comment

Happy to report that the room for the Sunday panel was opened up and the space was much bigger and safer....in spite of a bit of chaos both myself and my husband had a great time.....the bonus was also staying in Ghent for the weekend and coming in by tram instead of driving...the tram was great, cheap and regular even on a weekend....and Ghent itself by day and night beautiful with some fabulous cafes...this coupled with the ability to drive quickly back to the husband's family in Mechelen afterwards for a couple more days turned a Convention Weekend into a true vacation...

Loved it and would definitely go back...

And so nice to be in the right place at the right time to capture Michael Shanks' inner Star Wars Geek come out..

He said he sent a pic of this straight off to Lexa and the kids .....

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X