A sad realization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sad realization

So earlier while watching Stargate Atlantis with my girlfriend (We have a deal...some of her shows for some of mine, and I chose the Stargate franchise), I realized something that is quite strange to think about: If Stargate Universe had gotten its full five seasons that the producers had hoped for, and the show had stuck on track for its premiers (fall), then season five would have started airing within the next couple of weeks.

I have only been watching the franchise since summer of 2011, but even still, it's kind of strange to think that way.

I don't mean to make this another "moaning about the cancellation" thread. Just something I was thinking about. All the things that could have happened by now...
    sigpic

Yeah. We could probably have gotten that third SG-1 movie that was planned, maybe a couple of Atlantis movies to finish off the story or maybe even one or two more SGA seasons along with SGU. And since the writers intended a huge-ass finale for SGU, that I think it's safe to say that its 5th season would've actually been the final season of the franchise and the last episode would've probably featured cast cameos from all three shows.

Also, we could have gotten a full cross-over between SGU and SGA and maybe even a full cross-over between SGU and SG-1 - depending on actor availability and available finances. I would just love to see Jack O'Neill make a sarcastic joke about something Rush, Daniel, Sam, Eli and McKay would be talking about at a dinner table in a private restaurant. Then Teal'c would say: "Indeed." straight at the camera... and the screen would go black.
    Last edited by Mnikolic; 15 September 2013, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      So earlier while watching Stargate Atlantis with my girlfriend (We have a deal...some of her shows for some of mine, and I chose the Stargate franchise), I realized something that is quite strange to think about: If Stargate Universe had gotten its full five seasons that the producers had hoped for, and the show had stuck on track for its premiers (fall), then season five would have started airing within the next couple of weeks.

I have only been watching the franchise since summer of 2011, but even still, it's kind of strange to think that way.

I don't mean to make this another "moaning about the cancellation" thread. Just something I was thinking about. All the things that could have happened by now...
      Don't know if this is much of a consolation, but I find Robert Carlyle much more enjoyable to watch in ABC's Once Upon a Time, despite much preferring Stargate to OUAT.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

THinking about him in OUAT, wouldn't it be great to have one of the SGU cast make an appearance, even if only go have 1 line of talking "Don't i know you from somewhere else"??

Comment

Most people wouldn't get it. It wouldn't be like the more obvious example of when Vala met Cameron in SG-1.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            THinking about him in OUAT, wouldn't it be great to have one of the SGU cast make an appearance, even if only go have 1 line of talking "Don't i know you from somewhere else"??
            Not SGU, but Paul McGillion (SGA's Dr. Carson Beckett) had a minor role in OUAT, but when they spun-off his character into a starring role, they recast him
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Which ep was he in?? I don't remember seeing Mcgillion.

Comment

Which ep was he in?? I don't remember seeing Mcgillion.
                "Hat Trick" and "Queen of Hearts." McGillion portrays the Knave of Hearts, assistant to Queen Cora in Wonderland.

The Knave is one of the lead roles in the spin-off now, and they've recast him...
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

A very very sad thought.

Comment

A weird moment was when Louis Ferreira (Young) and Haig Sutherland (Sgt Riley) appeared together again in 'Motive'. The last time they appeared together was a pretty harrowing sad scene so it was weird watching them back together again in completely different roles. All I could think about was SGU! Louis Ferreira and Amanda Tapping were fun to watch together in the same show in another episode, again, mainly for how different they are from the roles we know and love them in!

Maybe 'Motive' is really the continuation of Stargate in another weird alternate reality, only Young is the cop this time!

I was only just thinking today about how I miss new Stargate, it is a sad realisation that we could just be starting on enjoying another season of SGU and getting the originally planned ending. We would be feeling sad next year though instead.

Comment

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR <Snipped> I WANT MORE STARGATE LOL

seriously though this makes me sad to read, I miss stargate guess better go flush my toilet and imagine it was a stargate
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 September 2013, 10:36 PM. Reason: snipped...

Comment

oh wow, that is a sad realization indeed! i still can't believe "Gauntlet" is how SGU ended, now we'll never know.. to think we could've had so much more, so many more episodes and storylines, and probably one hell of a series finale that I'm sure would've involved lots of cameos from the other two shows...
                        It still hurts

Comment

Yes it did when SGU ended and it still does. Especially considering that it will hurt me again as I'm currently in the process of re-watching every Stargate series and I'm already up to SG-1 S08E19/SGA S01E19 AND I'm actually watching 2 SG-1 episodes and 2 SGA episodes at once, back-to-back. I'm already done with Threads & The Gift. Moebius (Part I) and The Siege (Part I) are up next.

But in a way, we did have some season finales in SG-1 that could have served as a series finale. The one I mentioned is one of them. SGA's finale was rushed, but it did bring the guys home. SGU's was a cliffhanger, but also a good one. At least we've been to all 9 chevrons, if not anything else...

Comment

Well, we still have till may 19th next year before the 3 yr mark hits, which some of us have hoped was a 'premonition' of when they restart the show..

Comment

Well, I think getting the original SG-1 team back (sans Don S. Davis) won't be hard to being back, since those guys recently did a game, so if some strange miracle happens, we just might get to see Stargate: Revolution.

For SGA and SGU - it will have to be a new cast if MGM ever reconsiders to bring either or both of those two series back in any shape or form. Too much time has passed for those guys to come back and reprise their roles. For SGA, it would simply be stated that the original Atlantis expedition chose to continue living a peaceful life, so a new Atlantis expedition is sent trough the Pegasus gate to Atlantis to complete some unfinished business. For SGU - the continuation could be just set in a distant future and Earth could send the children or grandchildren of the Destiny's crew back to the ship or something... They fix it with their advanced technology, thus enabling the ship to finally complete its mission and afterwards, they would just gate back home.

Comment

Working...
                              X