• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emmerich to reopen the Stargate

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ampaign=twdsuk
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

0ld news
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Look at the date posted.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Still old news. He is been saying for years how he plans to continue the movies.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Notice that he didn't say MGM went for it, just that he wants to.

Same bs line he's been spewing for years; he trots it out every time he's been out of the spotlight too long and wants some attention.

Didn't happen the last 9000 times he said it, it ain't gonna happen this time either.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Notice that he didn't say MGM went for it, just that he wants to.

Same bs line he's been spewing for years; he trots it out every time he's been out of the spotlight too long and wants some attention.

Didn't happen the last 9000 times he said it, it ain't gonna happen this time either.
            i know there's a chorus of 'duh!'s , but i soooo hope he doesn't get to ruin stargate, i mean make a reboot!!

(((tv franchise)))
            sally

sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2013/0...-movie-reboot/

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I'll believe this when I see an actual air date ... and then finding out that it actually aired or premiered or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I'll believe this when I see an actual air date ...
                  I'll believe it when the titles roll...

Comment

Do. Not. Want.
                    sigpic

Comment

i think i understand how star trek fans felt when they rebooted star trek.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        he trots it out every time he's been out of the spotlight too long and wants some attention.
                        My thoughts exactly, same thing with Devlin. I think the both of them like to throw their hook out there every couple of years just to make gate fans drool a bit then they reel it back in.

Comment

Great news.

A blockbuster reboot is exactly what this sci-fi action-adventure franchise needs.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            Great news.

A blockbuster reboot is exactly what this sci-fi action-adventure franchise needs.
                            The problem with this is that based on previous comments, he's likely to ignore over 99% of the franchise. His original movie was 2-2.5 hours while the television franchise was over 300 hours. I'm not asking for The Rodney McKay Movie or anything like that, but if it ignores everything from the backstory established in the television franchise, I don't think I'll be all that interested.

Comment

I think his original idea was always to ignore the tv show and go with a different continuity. There are some books which serve as sequels to the film which go off on a completely different tangent to the shows and Emmerich was planning to do something similar.
                              To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                              http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                              http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X