This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the sets?

I know Hewitt purchased a shuttle set, but the sets were massive are they in storage, being used somewhere else?

I think they were mostly auctioned off or destroyed.

Comment

Yes, I think so too. I mean - the SG-1 sets (SGC, Hammond's office, etc.) could've probably be used for another TV series or a TV show, but as far as SGA and SGU sets go (Atlantis, Wraith ships, Destiny, Blue Alien's ships, Ursini ships etc.), those were clearly made just for their repective shows, so MGM couldn't have found any good use for them, although I think they got rid of every piece of SG-1/SGA/SGU set piece that existed.

Comment

I've read somewhere (a while ago) that David Hewlet bought a significant part of the spaceship sets of SGU.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Yeah but he might've re-done them either for his own personal use or for his own TV/non-TV projects. So we can safely say that if SGU, by some miracle, would be brought back in any form (TV/movie) or if any other Stargate series would go into/go back into production, the (SGU) sets would have to be rebuilt either way.

Comment

I believe most of the set pieces have been destroyed, some have been auctioned off. Some fans managed to get their hands on a piece, and as said here, David Hewlett purchased a piece of the Destiny set.

Comment

I think David used them for his movie "Debug".

Comment

Someone may have to refresh my memory, but was not the Destiny Bridge set used in another Syfy production at some point?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Brad Wright and his wife are going to use a few of the set pieces in their new house:
                  http://watchusbuildahouse.wordpress....ce-of-destiny/
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Someone may have to refresh my memory, but was not the Destiny Bridge set used in another Syfy production at some point?
                    Not sure, haven't heard that before. I thought OoaT moved into those stages. I know David Hewlett bought the shuttle sets for use in something though.

Comment

David used them for his upcoming film, Debug.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X