2014 Stargate Chicago Creation Convention Aug 15-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckappler View Post
    Creation listed the rest of the meet and greets, but the bidding won't start till August 1st. Any idea what the VIP passes typically go for?

http://www.creationent.com/auctions/index.asp
    Last year a VIP pass went for around $1250. They've also gone for as much as $2300+. It just depends on the number of people bidding.
    sigpic

Comment

Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

It will be interesting to see what these auctioned items go for, but there's no way I'll be bidding. Way out of my league. Although, I have to say MS is priceless. :-)

Comment

I am debating about the McGillion/Hewlett MTG. It could be a lot of fun...but I fear that the cost might rise too high for me.
          sigpic

Comment

Hello, fellow fans. We may not be able to attend the Chicago Con. It's a heartbreaker for us, and we're still hoping to go. But my sensible wife said, "We should see if there is any interest in our Silver Package Tickets." If you're interested, please let me know. I'll give you more detail.

I'm new to the Forum, but I have given permission for people to email me when I registered. I suspect that will give you the ability to contact me.

Thanks for the help, everyone. And we do hope there are many more Creation conventions to follow this one.

Comment

3 weeks to go !

Comment

It's kind of exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                  It's kind of exciting and terrifying all at the same time.
                  Terrifying....? I hope not!

Comment

I too am nervous. This is my first convention.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                      Terrifying....? I hope not!
                      Definitely not the convention itself, but there's always the "Did I forget something?" when going somewhere, especially when that somewhere is halfway across the continent. I remember when my mom forgot to take her medication on a trip and she wasn't able to enjoy herself as much as she could have.

Long story short: basic traveler neurosis.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                      Don't be too nervous, the guests won't bite... unless you ask them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        Nothing to be nervous about! We've only been to a couple, but I found both the other fans and the guests to be pleasant and happy to be there.

Dr. C.B. - I totally understanding being neurotic over traveling. I'll probably check my bags 50x before we leave!

Comment

Dr. C.B. - I totally understanding being neurotic over traveling. I'll probably check my bags 50x before we leave!
                          I, on the other hand, am a completely disorganized traveler. I never pack until the last minute, always get to my flight with only minutes to spare, and usually forget something. But I've always managed to get to my destination and have always had a blast at conventions.

Comment

The one thing I absolutely have to remember to bring with me is the duo photo op with Alex Zahara and Dan Payne from the last Vancouver con. Alex signed me before the end of the convention, but Dan had already left by that point, thus I would hate to have waited for two years only to forget it.

I've also got to remember to actually get to my bank and get my American money for the trip, setting aside the appropriate amount for tipping and whatnot, as well as whatever I will need for the guests signing in the vendors' room. I rarely travel, let alone stay in a hotel, so it's pretty much uncharted territory for me.

Comment

I think because I travel regularly I'm usually pretty organized, especially since it's generally the same stuff each time. I'm a fan of packing cubes and I generally use the same bag each time which helps, so I "know" I have everything based on what's where, if that makes sense.

I've also learned to do everything the day before my flight just to double-check everything fits and it's less panic the morning of, especially with early flights.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was looking at the schedule Creation has posted for the Vegas Star Trek convention and it makes me glad that they've never tried to go nuts for Stargate. It was busy enough the last year in Vancouver with just over 20 guests, to have 100 crammed into a four day event is just insanity and just looks hectic instead of fun.

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                                The one thing I absolutely have to remember to bring with me is the duo photo op with Alex Zahara and Dan Payne from the last Vancouver con. Alex signed me before the end of the convention, but Dan had already left by that point, thus I would hate to have waited for two years only to forget it.
                                What a hilarious typo to make. He obviously didn't sign me, though I may be crazy I am not that crazy, rather my photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X