Puzzled about the SG-1 guide books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puzzled about the SG-1 guide books

I am old-fashioned and as much I love all Stargate sites on internet nothing quite matches a real book. I wanted to buy a guide book. After browsing through several sites listing books I went to Amazon (UK) and bought the Dialing Up, episode guide seasons 1-5.

I noticed there were also season guides from the same author that contained two seasons per book. Those had as many pages as the Dialing up so I wonder are they more detailed? In Dialing Up there's really not that much BTS info after all.

I also noticed an ad about a guide book for seasons 6-10 but googling found nothing. So I guess it was never published?

I don't think I wasted my money because the first 5 seasons really are the heart of SG-1 and I like having them neatly packed in one volume.
    Finally, is there some other guide book you would recommend?
    sigpic
    Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Two books I have are; 'Beyond The Gate - The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to Stargate SG-1' by Keith Topping. It covers seasons 1-5 and is fun to read now as it hints as what is to come in season 6 as it was published in 2002. I bought that book when I still lived in the UK so it may still be available somewhere in the UK.

'Reading Stargate SG-1' -Is less an episode guide and more an analysis of the show from various points of view. with contributions on subjects like Sam and feminism, cinematic techniques, fans and Stargate, and the Canadian influence amongst other things. It was published in 2006 and written by Canadian contributors, edited by Stan Beeler and Lisa Dickson.

I have to say I enjoy reading a book I can hold and turn the pages too. Less tiring on the eyes than a computer screen! It makes a nice break from using a computer all day at work and for other things at home.

Comment

Working...
    X