No announcement yet.

Dragon Con: August 29 – September 01, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best friend and I were there the last time David Nykle was at DCon. He such a fun guest.

Comment

Just got the cargo pants for my BDUs but have to die them black from charcoal grey. I have no problem doing that but it sucks that they didn't have black. Now got to do that and waiting on the parts of my costume to arrive.

Comment

If I may ask, where did you get your tac vest from?

Comment

Alexis Cruz has been added to the guest list!
          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
          sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
          Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Over on the D-Con Livejournal someone suggested that people call & confirm their hotel
            reservations.

If you still need a room & don't mind sharing you can check out Dragon-Con rooms at Livejournal. (Most people post an e-mail address, so you don't have to be an LJ member to talk with them.)

Also there's a very small chance that you can get a reservation closer to con time as some people realize that they can't make it & cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
              Over on the D-Con Livejournal someone suggested that people call & confirm their hotel
              reservations.
              Did they give a specific reason why? Was there an incident or is this just general double checking?

Comment

Originally posted by jo2y View Post
                Did they give a specific reason why? Was there an incident or is this just general double checking?
                Because one of the hotels, The Hyatt I think, charged the first night deposit on around June 1st on all DC reservations (as required at 90 before days prior to reservation) and many of the credit cards holding the reservations had expired dates or incorrect information - in those cases the reservations were cancelled because the deposit would not go through.

I'm seeing lots of stories about this on FB also. In some cases the people were able to rebook by contacting the hotel directly, being very polite, and persistant and especially if the reservation information was incorrect recorded by the hotel at the time of reservation.

It's always a good idea to use a credit card that does not expire before the con and to contact the hotel as soon as possible if you get a new card and/or new expiration date just in case.
                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

The hotels for SDCC charge one night's room plus tax up front as deposit, and it's withdrawn right away. They do return it if the reservation is cancelled. At the time I wanted to attend DC, I didn't have enough to cover the deposit.

Comment

Yes I had that problem last year. My credit card expired one month before DragonCon of the following year. So they would not accept it. Luckily I had a second card as a backup.

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Joe Flanigan was just announced for DragonCon!!!!!!

*I'm a tiny bit partial*

sigpic

Comment

Pre-Order Photo Ops are open.

http://froggysphotos.com/conventions/dragoncon2014.php

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                          Joe Flanigan was just announced for DragonCon!!!!!!

*I'm a tiny bit partial*

What you nah - not in the least LOL
                          One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

Stich's loft. Ryan who runs it is awsome and does great work

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                              Stich's loft. Ryan who runs it is awsome and does great work
                              I can 2nd that.

sigpic

Comment

SGU is not getting left out. Announced:

David Blue
                                Louis Ferreira
                                Ona Grauer

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X