No announcement yet.

Dragon Con: August 29 – September 01, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am already registered with the Stargate 20th anniversary group on facebook. One person is taking care of the registration for the group.

Comment

I will be definitely be at DragonCon this year. I'm always terribly disorganized when it comes to hotels, so already resigned to the fact I won't get a room at one of the host hotels. Last year I stayed at a hotel that was one stop away on the subway, very well priced and not at all crowded so I will probably do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
        I will be definitely be at DragonCon this year. I'm always terribly disorganized when it comes to hotels, so already resigned to the fact I won't get a room at one of the host hotels. Last year I stayed at a hotel that was one stop away on the subway, very well priced and not at all crowded so I will probably do that again.
        There is a live journal account for dragon con rooms. We found a room share for 2012 and it was awesome and cheaper than getting a room for ourselves. Just thought you would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
          There is a live journal account for dragon con rooms. We found a room share for 2012 and it was awesome and cheaper than getting a room for ourselves. Just thought you would like to know.
          Thanks! I will definitely check that out.

I saw the lines for the elevators at the main hotels. I have no problem with staying at say the Sheraton that's a bit of a walk aways if it means avoiding waiting in yet another queue

Comment

This was posted on the DragonCon page on FB yesterday. People act on these availabilities quickly. It may be sold out already or only have higher rates available.

"Does anyone still need a room. Aloft Atlanta (a brand new hotel 1 block from the Hyatt) started taking reservations today. The rate online is $99 dollars be the website is a bit glitchy. Their phone number is 866-500-8320. It's a Starwood brand hotel the same as the Westin and Sheraton. When calling choose option 6 from the list of hotel names. Tell the operator you saw the $99 flex rate online but the website failed before you could book. This is one of the closest hotels to Dragon*Con that isn't an official hotel. Happy room hunting."
            Last edited by taris-eirien; 09 March 2014, 12:37 PM. Reason: more info
            John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
            sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
            Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
              This was posted on the DragonCon page on FB yesterday. People act on these availabilities quickly. It may be sold out already or only have higher rates available.

"Does anyone still need a room. Aloft Atlanta (a brand new hotel 1 block from the Hyatt) started taking reservations today. The rate online is $99 dollars be the website is a bit glitchy. Their phone number is 866-500-8320. It's a Starwood brand hotel the same as the Westin and Sheraton. When calling choose option 6 from the list of hotel names. Tell the operator you saw the $99 flex rate online but the website failed before you could book. This is one of the closest hotels to Dragon*Con that isn't an official hotel. Happy room hunting."

I tried, sold out already! Thanks for the heads up though!

teehee!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

First guests announced!

DragonCon announced Peter Williams and Chuck Campbell are on the guest list today.

http://ow.ly/i/4TnSH
                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I will definitely check that out.

I saw the lines for the elevators at the main hotels. I have no problem with staying at say the Sheraton that's a bit of a walk aways if it means avoiding waiting in yet another queue
                  That is were we are staying this year. I scored the room on Sunday during last years's con by calling the hotel direct. We couldn't go last year but this year is going to rock! We start the month out with Shore Leave 36 with Richard Dean Anderson and Micheal Welch and finish the moth with Dragon Can,

Comment

Starting to get things in line for D Con. I have my costumes except for shoes and accessories in a garment bag. I am starting to gather things that I need for my travel bath needs and refreshing my makeup bag. So ready for con but my credit card isn't. Still have to get it paid down for the room to be on it.

Comment

I am already planning the drive from MD to Atlanta. I just got 2 of 4 stargate audio books that I plan on listening to on the drive down with my best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                        Starting to get things in line for D Con. I have my costumes except for shoes and accessories in a garment bag. I am starting to gather things that I need for my travel bath needs and refreshing my makeup bag. So ready for con but my credit card isn't. Still have to get it paid down for the room to be on it.
                        What kind of costumes?

I'm not sure if I will cosplay this year. I didn't last year either. RL has this annoying habit of getting in the way of my preparation.

Comment

What kind of costumes?

I'm not sure if I will cosplay this year. I didn't last year either. RL has this annoying habit of getting in the way of my preparation.
                          Full out Black BDUs with tack vest for the parade and a Merlotte's waitress from true blood. Both costumes are comfortable. I have not received the tack vest yet but it will be awesome to have all those extra pockets for the day. I am excited to get my green screen pic from the SGMT track party in full sg-1 costume.
                          Last edited by griffindorgirl; 24 April 2014, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Getting stuff together already. I just bought 4 audio books in SG-1 and Atlantis for the drive to con and back, a new double usb car charger, packing cubes to make packing and re packing easier, and night glare reducing glasses for me and my best friend because we are driving through the night to get to Atlanta from Maryland. I also ordered another part of my costume. So I am getting ready early but I am getting things done. I just hope that the custom parts come in time.
                            Last edited by griffindorgirl; 02 May 2014, 04:57 AM.

Comment

113 Days till con! Yay!

Comment

David Nykl has been announced!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X