No announcement yet.

FedCon 23: May 29-June 01 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my hubby will be there...bought our tickets last October....booked the hotel we're staying at too...

All I have to do now is save up the horrific price for the Triple Photo Op & one with Michael Shanks on his own...however I cannot wait to see the three of them together at last...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been haunting this site for a decade now. I've never been to any kind of convention before, but I bought tickets for this one back in October. I have a friend who's husband is stationed in Büchel and I'll be staying with them for a week or so before the convention. I'm so excited!! I may be a lifelong fan of Stargate, but I'm very, very new to conventions and would love if anyone has any general advice to give.

Comment

I've never been to this con, but here's some general advice;

Plan out who you like to see when the schedule comes out. Wear comfortable shoes, you'll be doing a lot of walking & standing. Drink plenty of water. Follow the 6-2-1 rule; at least 6 hours of sleep per night, 2 meals of real food (not any snacks you bring) & take 1 shower per day.

Here's tips that others have for cons. (Most are Dragon-Con specific, but others can apply to any con)
        Part 1 & Part 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
          I've never been to this con, but here's some general advice;

Plan out who you like to see when the schedule comes out. Wear comfortable shoes, you'll be doing a lot of walking & standing. Drink plenty of water. Follow the 6-2-1 rule; at least 6 hours of sleep per night, 2 meals of real food (not any snacks you bring) & take 1 shower per day.

Here's tips that others have for cons. (Most are Dragon-Con specific, but others can apply to any con)
          Part 1 & Part 2

Thank you thank you! I'm getting so stoked. They posted the schedule recently and I'm getting everything mapped out. Looks like I'll be able to get in line early for everything I'm wanting to see! Gotta brush up on my Deutsch!

Comment

Regarding water, food, etc. - if you want to save money and you don't need sparkling water, bring along an empty plastic bottle - our tap water is drinkable. Also, the con hotel is located close to the airport and there's a supermarket (REWE) on the groundfloor of the airport. I usually don't eat at the hotel restaurants - I bring a plastic fork and/or spoon along and buy food at the supermarket: salad, yoghurt, fruits, bake rolls, etc.

Comment

I have a triple room in a hotel near the station booked from 28th May to 2nd June. But one of my friend can't come anymore due to her work. We will try to have a switch to a double room but I'm not sure we can have a price as good as what we have now.
              So if anyone need a cheap room for these days and want to share it with us, feel free to send me a PM.
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Well that happened and it was made of awesome! !

Missing everyone already....

Can't wait for next year...

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Yeah, it was awesome!

Here's the video they showed at the closing and a nice bonus scene.

sigpic

Comment

Here's another awesome vid.
                    http://youtu.be/706s5LoM0kc

Comment

Working...
                    X