Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Stargate show I'd write, were it up to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my story:

Stargate: Rescue Operation

Yeah, I know, the title sucks, but the story is awesome.

Anyway, if I would be in charge of the SG TV franchise, I would set my SG TV series to take place a couple of decades after the planned SGU ending. So, SG-1's disbanded, its members have returned to their normal lives and are no longer with the Stargate program. The old SGC personal is disbanded as well and has been replaced with the one at Stargate Homeworld in Washington. Same with the SGA and SGU expeditions. The final preparations for the final reveal of the Stargate [program] to the public are in order and are about to begin, when the only working Stargate on Earth mysteriously vanishes. The full control of Stargate program has been turned over to Russia, China and the rest of the important countries all over the World. However, a more detailed look at the old SGC reveals a whole lot of secrets.

Some of the members of SG-1 and some members of the SGA and the SGU expeditions still can't let go and move on. They simply refuse to accept they've been replaced. With the Stargate back in their hands and control, they modify the gate and dial one last unexplored 9th chevron address (the one the current leadership absolutely refuses to explore), originally found on Destiny by Rush. A stable wormhole is established.

O'Neill changes his mind and orders the wormhole to be shut down. However, even Carter's and McKay's knowledge is insufficient and the wormhole remains open. The system reaches critical levels and eventually results in an overload, somehow causing the Stargate to completely vanish. Having no idea of what's going on and where did the Stargate go, the former SG team members leave the old SGC, this time forever, but not before they swear to each other they won't say a thing to anyone. They get rid of all the evidence that could prove they've been in the facility. However, months later, Sam and McKay are kidnapped and forced to go to another dimension in a version of The Hammond from another reality, against their own will...

This causes an unpredictable chain of events and the international leadership is forced to reveal the SG program to the public before the originally planned date. The remaining members of SG-1, Sheppard's team and the Destiny crew are re-united and under the leadership of Jack O'Neill, a rescue operation is launched.
    Because the kidnapping happened in public, it makes easier for the program's leadership to get the full support from the entire population much easier and quicker (within one or two years). Scientists from all over the World are brought in and eventually, they manage to open the last wormhole that Sam and McKay were unable to shut down. A team is assembled and sent trough - and to their big shock, they find out that Sam and McKay are both free and that their kidnappers are gone, however, there's one tiny, tiny problem: in the reality they are in, Stargates look, function and are called differently - the Triangates. While they still can dial their reality, they can't go trough, because the wormhole gets too weak along the way. With The Hammond Alt gone, the new team must assist the two friends to built their own model of the Stargate, and use it to return to their reality. But not before an old enemy of the former SG-1 members makes a comeback.

Anyway, the series ends with only Sam and Rodney coming back and with the SG program being fully public.
    Earth manages to get all allies to sign a special document, eventually creating the Fifth Race Alliance.

However, it doesn't end well for our heroes from the three shows: The authorities decide to let them all go, but one on one condition only: Never use a Stargate again.

Comment

Yeah, I know, the title sucks, but the story is awesome.
      I am not sure what the obsession is with continuum-like storylines. I would prefer to have actual consequences in a story. I mean, i do like a good time travel story. but AT and AU's are used way too much as an excuse.

Comment

I agree - the writers seemed to take that direction a lot as a way out of the story. Even SG-1 concluded with a time-travel story. Not to mention that Extinction would end up being the same way.

But my story is actually different. The whole Sam and McKay being kidnapped thing would put (at least) the AU stuff in a different perspective. It would actually have serious consequences in our (i.e. main) reality and would deliver somewhat a happy, but a realistic ending to the TV franchise. Time travel wouldn't be even a part of the plot/story.

That and we would've seen a new generation/model of Stargate being built - the first human-made Sargate, which would eventually result in Earth creating its own Stargate network.
        And with the Fifth Race Alliance compiled, the human race would be a lot safer.

Comment

Lorne may be a bit too stoic . Where would the needed humor come from?

Comment

They should have made a movie where Atlantis used it's wormhole engines to meet up with Destiny far out in the universe. Along the way they encounter the The Furlings which is allies to the Ursini. since the Ursini is wiped out the Furlings has been at war with the drones. Atlantis and the Nakai helps the The Furling to defeat the drones and Atlantis then takes the crew of Destiny back to Earth
            sigpic

Dr.Rodney McKay: Their operating system is a mess, thank goodness I remember DOS

Hallowed are the Ori

Stargate Space Simulator- http://marcusdamli.wix.com/stargate-eternity

Comment

Working...
            X