Twin Destiny's, did future Rush die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Destiny's, did future Rush die?

Just a thought, when the Destiny drops back into the Sun with Rush sat in the Ancient chair, did he die, was the ship destroyed?

Perhaps, and you never know...
    As the ship falls back, the sun scoops (cant remember the proper name for them) open up and the ship gets a boost in power, the engines are pooped as are the majority of the systems, but what about the sheilds, does anyone else think that it would be possible for Destiny to sit in the Sun and survive given the power it would have access to and for Rush to be sat in the chair and reunited with Perry, even if the ship didnt survive perhaps Rush, knowing that the end was on the way, instead of going for the knowledge in the chair decided to see Perry for one last time?

nah... you are looking it the wrong way. What rush always wanted was knowledge... he was fascinated with ascension. I am sure making yourself a computer program was a short cut to that means. The ship is destroyed, i am sure about that. But i also think that he might have uploaded himself to the surviving destiny or transmitted into the known universe(much like what happened to wier and co in atlantis) to inhabit a computer system of any other species. I am sure if the show continued he would have showed up aboard destiny or some place else as a virtual rush

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
      Just a thought, when the Destiny drops back into the Sun with Rush sat in the Ancient chair, did he die, was the ship destroyed?

Perhaps, and you never know...
      As the ship falls back, the sun scoops (cant remember the proper name for them) open up and the ship gets a boost in power, the engines are pooped as are the majority of the systems, but what about the sheilds, does anyone else think that it would be possible for Destiny to sit in the Sun and survive given the power it would have access to and for Rush to be sat in the chair and reunited with Perry, even if the ship didnt survive perhaps Rush, knowing that the end was on the way, instead of going for the knowledge in the chair decided to see Perry for one last time?
      Given the fact that the entire point of going to the other Destiny was to get spare parts, I think it's safe to say that if the shields were operable when they got there, they weren't anymore by the time they left.

So, yeah. The ship was destroyed and future Rush did die.
      Meh...

Comment

We don't know for a fact that they disabled the shields on the future destiny. We know they wanted the parts but then Rush and Telford had their little spat and that changed the course of things.

I had wondered several times myself about the future destiny surviving inside that star given that it would have unlimited access to power AND whether that stargate could have then been used to dial earth. I know that caused the whole problem in the first place but destiny was flying forwards through the atmosphere of the star but if it was stationary it could be more stable somehow - maybe enough to dial again.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
          We don't know for a fact that they disabled the shields on the future destiny. We know they wanted the parts but then Rush and Telford had their little spat and that changed the course of things.
          That was over a component of the weapons, not the shields. Whatever they intended to do with the shields, they were probably successful in doing.

I had wondered several times myself about the future destiny surviving inside that star given that it would have unlimited access to power AND whether that stargate could have then been used to dial earth. I know that caused the whole problem in the first place but destiny was flying forwards through the atmosphere of the star but if it was stationary it could be more stable somehow - maybe enough to dial again.
          The problem wasn't caused by Destiny moving forward. It was caused by conditions inside the star. Destiny being stationary wouldn't have any effect on that.
          Meh...

Comment

We dont know that, they presumably traveled through a flare hence the time issue...

Comment

Well, they did. My point is conditions inside a star are unpredictable. It would be very risky to make another attempt, especially with the ship so damaged.
              Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                Well, they did. My point is conditions inside a star are unpredictable.
                Not according to Baal in continuum.. he found that they're very predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                  Not according to Baal in continuum.. he found that they're very predictable.
                  Not sure what you're talking about. Ba'al never did anything inside a star, he just put some satellites around some stars to send back telemetry. That's not predicting anything, it's observing. And it's observing the outside of a star, which isn't quite the same as the inside.
                  Meh...

Comment

I would have loved to see it if rush HAD uploaded himself into the alt destiny's computer and had transmitted himself to the main ship, just before it fell in..

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                      Not sure what you're talking about. Ba'al never did anything inside a star, he just put some satellites around some stars to send back telemetry. That's not predicting anything, it's observing. And it's observing the outside of a star, which isn't quite the same as the inside.
                      Yes. In stead of randomly waiting for a flare he put a few hundred sattelites around stars, although he could predict them a couple of minutes before.

However, a star is massive and a ton of stuff is going on, on every level from subatomic to multikilometer. You'd need massive supercomputers to predict anything.

given the plethora of explosions, i would say AltRush died

Comment

Baal had tech that would let him see when a flare was going to happen, presumably there's some sort of sign that its about to blow, AltRush would probably not have access to that sort of tech given how old Destiny was, there is a chance given that the Ancients had obviously looked into the Sun at some level to allow charging and shield work on Destiny and years before for the seed ships.

To be fair its unlikely that Destiny would of survived for long, it had no engines so would of fallen back into the Sun at some point given its lack of thrust, gravity would of taken over, but there would of been some amount of time before the ship was destroyed, possibly enough time for AltRush to do, something...

I dont think a data transfer between AltDestiny and Destiny would of happened, not enough time to transfer that amount of data, especially given the state of the ship.

Comment

Baal had tech that would let him see when a flare was going to happen, presumably there's some sort of sign that its about to blow
                          I think that recently, it was discovered that a shift in the magnetic field occurs a short time (minutes to seconds) before the actual flare.

Comment

So from a Destiny (Not AltDestiny given its lack of engines) POV would it be possible to be stationary in the corona monitoring for changes in the magnetic field so to avoid (as near as possible if changes occur seconds before a blow) flares and then dial a 9 (I say A nine, surely there is only 1, 9 symbol address) symbol address, at least that way we're possibly cutting down on possibly random unknowns that happen inside a star..

Comment

So from a Destiny (Not AltDestiny given its lack of engines) POV would it be possible to be stationary in the corona monitoring for changes in the magnetic field so to avoid (as near as possible if changes occur seconds before a blow) flares and then dial a 9 (I say A nine, surely there is only 1, 9 symbol address) symbol address, at least that way we're possibly cutting down on possibly random unknowns that happen inside a star..
                              I doubt it. I don't think it's so much a case of a solar flare, it's just the activity of the star itself that messes with wormhole physics. I think it requires a level of computing and sensors that Destiny simply doesn't have.

Comment

Working...
                              X