Razor, and something I just realized.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor, and something I just realized.

So I'm rewatching Razor cause I'm bored (and not tired) and I just realized something that is just pain-inducing...

I know the producers like re-using actors they enjoy working with, but...

The guy that Young Adama tries to save in the First Cylon War (in the Hybrid experimentation room) is portrayed by the same actor who played Coker in Blood and Chrome. When I saw his silhouette I immediately recognized him, and I was thinking "No...no no no no no." and then they revealed his face.

I mean, I can understand in some shows where actors are re-used, an in-universe explanation for them not being recognized is that it has been too long for them to "recognize" a "copy" or whatever, but this is someone that would physically resemble Adama's very first "friend" in the Fleet.

Meh, not a big deal, but something worth noting.
    sigpic

lol. Wouldn't have ever remembered that until you mentioned it. I don't mind them reusing actors like that. His initial part was so small that I doubt hardly anyone remembered that unless they had recently watched Razor. I liked him in Blood and Chrome. Guy is a good actor. He was on SGA and certainly made me despise the character he played and then recently he was on AMC's The Killing.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Ahhh the good old game of 'spot the recycled Vancouver actor' Some others:
      • Luciana Carro played Kat in BSG, and Priyah in Caprica
      • Ryan Robbins played Connor in BSG, and then Diego in Caprica
      • Christian Tessier was Duck in BSG, and showed up as the thug Francis in Caprica
      • Jill Teed played Sgt Hadrian in season 1 of BSG, showed up as a Col Patel in the mid-season finale of Caprica, and was Cmdr Ozar in B&C
      • Sebastian Spence played the Viper jock Narcho in BSG, then Lt Kirby
      • Colin Corrigan played a marine in BSG, and a different marine in B&C

I'm sure there's more, but a quick skim through imdb turned up those in pretty short order
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Ahhh the good old game of 'spot the recycled Vancouver actor' Some others:
        • Luciana Carro played Kat in BSG, and Priyah in Caprica
        • Ryan Robbins played Connor in BSG, and then Diego in Caprica
        • Christian Tessier was Duck in BSG, and showed up as the thug Francis in Caprica
        • Jill Teed played Sgt Hadrian in season 1 of BSG, showed up as a Col Patel in the mid-season finale of Caprica, and was Cmdr Ozar in B&C
        • Sebastian Spence played the Viper jock Narcho in BSG, then Lt Kirby
        • Colin Corrigan played a marine in BSG, and a different marine in B&C

I'm sure there's more, but a quick skim through imdb turned up those in pretty short order
        It's even worse than that...Ryan Robbins played TWO characters in BSG. He played the Armistice officer in the Miniseries. They aged him up (it was supposed to be several scenes of him showing up over the years for nothing) and then ending with what we got in the miniseries. The only reason I recognized him was the eyes.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, right you are! I completely forgot about that!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have to say that this guy is in everything. In fact a thread dedicated to spotting him in s sci fi show would be hilarious. I've seen him in almost every Canadian based sci fi show...Mike Dupud is like the ultimate extra!
            sigpic
            Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
            "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
            Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
            Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
            etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley2012 View Post
              I have to say that this guy is in everything. In fact a thread dedicated to spotting him in s sci fi show would be hilarious. I've seen him in almost every Canadian based sci fi show...Mike Dupud is like the ultimate extra!

Oh god...He really is in everything.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                Oh god...He really is in everything.
                Yeah, I was a little curious and did more research. This guy was the scream and grunt in the 1996 version of Doom! What? He speaks three languages and used to play football for the Roughriders. But looking back I did realize his role as Varro on SGU was a little more air time than anything he had done before. Still, he seems like this underrated b-actor. However, his credentials are very impressive.
                sigpic
                Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                etc.....

Comment

well the series made in canada always reuse a lot of people... it is mind boggling the amount of reused people in the stargate franchise... the biggest one was sort of a shock when they reused the tollan guy in SGA

Comment

Okay, I just remembered this thread and checked imdb. And it's not even the same guy at all.

Young Adama is played by Nico Cortez
                    Coker in Blood and Chrome is played by Ben Cotton
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Chris didn't say it was young Adama...it was the guy young Adama tried (and failed) to rescue from behind the door that was jammed. That was Ben Cotton, who also played Coker in B&C.

Comment

Oops. You're right. I totally misread that.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Oh and I'm happy Steve Bacic is in this one!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            It's even worse than that...Ryan Robbins played TWO characters in BSG. He played the Armistice officer in the Miniseries. They aged him up (it was supposed to be several scenes of him showing up over the years for nothing) and then ending with what we got in the miniseries. The only reason I recognized him was the eyes.
                            That guy is in everything.

I am trying to remember if he was in Smallville too. It seems like all of the Vancouver actors play in every local series. Supernatural, Smallville, BSG, Sanctuary, Stargate series, off of the top of my head.
                            Hi There!

Comment

Don't forget Andromeda, all of the first-billed actors are Canadian, except Kevin Sorbo, Keith Hamilton Cobb and Brandy Ledford.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X