Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Alliance, how did they get so powerful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely there is an automated system that automatically raises shields at least a little bit when another ship is detected by the earth ship. It wouldn't make sense if there wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pao Numas View Post
      Surely there is an automated system that automatically raises shields at least a little bit when another ship is detected by the earth ship. It wouldn't make sense if there wasn't.
      not at full strenght i think... or maybe the writers did not use beam weapons as a plot device as otherwise it won't be a fair fight as i expect an earth vessel to take out 5-6 hatak in a minute...

i just don't understand how the goaulds let lucian alliance to exist when they were there... and i don't understand how they managed to understand the systems of these ships as no humans were allowed on board and only jaffa were there who also knew nothing about science and only piloted them... i can understand earth humans understanding that stuff as they were taught by the tokra and asgard... but no one else received that training and all the science things were done by lesser goaulds for the system lords...

Comment

Originally posted by Pao Numas View Post
        Well prepare to be disappointed cause there's not. The shield is raised and lowered manually

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
        i just don't understand how the goaulds let lucian alliance to exist when they were there... and i don't understand how they managed to understand the systems of these ships as no humans were allowed on board and only jaffa were there who also knew nothing about science and only piloted them... i can understand earth humans understanding that stuff as they were taught by the tokra and asgard... but no one else received that training and all the science things were done by lesser goaulds for the system lords...
        Then you better read the rest of the thread.

Also, ultimately humans built the ships. The Goa'uld had planets where the components were made. Control enough of the production chain and you can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          Well prepare to be disappointed cause there's not. The shield is raised and lowered manually

Then you better read the rest of the thread.

Also, ultimately humans built the ships. The Goa'uld had planets where the components were made. Control enough of the production chain and you can make it.
          that is plausible but the base of space travel and ship repairs etc would be "mathematical"... how would they make complex algorithms and star charts etc...they weren't being taught astrophysics... the things is that a learning period is needed... we have seen countless episodes in which they thought science was magic and were beyond primitive... or maybe lucian alliance was started by humans who were like tollans or several others who developed without goauld presence of which a few were even beyond goauld advancement like the acshen and such(whatever happened to them)... i don't think that sort of people are actually learning anything... it is nothing more than a plot device... maybe some machello guy started the alliance

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
            that is plausible but the base of space travel and ship repairs etc would be "mathematical"... how would they make complex algorithms and star charts etc...they weren't being taught astrophysics... the things is that a learning period is needed... we have seen countless episodes in which they thought science was magic and were beyond primitive... or maybe lucian alliance was started by humans who were like tollans or several others who developed without goauld presence of which a few were even beyond goauld advancement like the acshen and such(whatever happened to them)... i don't think that sort of people are actually learning anything... it is nothing more than a plot device... maybe some machello guy started the alliance
            Aris Boch, did not seem to have problems using the technology and even beyond as he had energy absorbing armour. He was contracted by the system lords. The Lucien Alliance started as an organization of people from different planets but similar to Boch.

Comment

Originally posted by Durgia View Post
              Aris Boch, did not seem to have problems using the technology and even beyond as he had energy absorbing armour. He was contracted by the system lords. The Lucien Alliance started as an organization of people from different planets but similar to Boch.
              People from the ice planet (cant recall the episode name, the one where they were underground with changed memories), "prisoners" world, the one where Prometheus' naquahdriah hyperdrive is ejected and they're stranded on a planet?

Then there's the Ethon planet with nuclear tech.

Stargate has more advanced worlds than just the medieval ones.

Comment

It's been shown that Earth wasn't the only world that developed a higher level of technological and scientific knowledge having been overlooked by the Goa'uld. The Lucian Alliance could have had its origins with survivors from such worlds who banded together to start with to work on bringing down the Goa'uld on seeing what happened to other technologically advanced worlds. They started with infiltrating the economy of the Goa'uld domain perhaps; that's where the smuggling came into it, a way to learn about their enemy and gather support. At first getting others wanting to do something about their lives under the yoke of Goa'uld rule to join them, and later by terror when they feared people wanted freedom to go their own way rather than working for them.

Earth's rise in dominance and the ones who brought down the Goa'uld in such a short time was something the LA didn't expect and this had an effect on their setup due to the chaos caused in the wake of the Goa'uld and Ori's demise. However, being the opportunists they were they then turned their attention to learning about them as they did with the Goa'uld. They had clearly become good at gathering the knowledge and the people they needed to further their interests and adjust to change. Ginn and the other scientist who studied Rush's work, even using Earth's own technology to replicate it showed just what they were capable of.

Comment

Interesting idea, that they were made up of refugees from other planets who were tech advanced..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Interesting idea, that they were made up of refugees from other planets who were tech advanced..
                    I personally consider them the criminals of tech-advanced worlds, but this works for me too. The Lucian Alliance simply can not exist without a bunch of intelligent people running the show. SGU made me think that these smart people really were just the puppeteers of SG1's LA, hiding in the shadows so they're not a target for internal strive.

Comment

I would guess that some of the Lucians were advanced Goa'uld slaves - the ones with the technical skills to build or work on the ships for them.

Another option would be a rogue Goa'uld. With System Lords dropping like flies during SGG1 a minor Goa'uld may have made a bid in self preservation by selling/supplying the LA with the technology they needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X