Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by min min light View Post
    I still haven't watched the entire Atlantis episode where
    Spoiler:
    Dr. Becket
    dies. I realized early on where they were going with it, and I couldn't cope.
    Its just a TV show. If it was real life I might understand
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't require your understanding.
      sigpic

Comment

Never said you did
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The saddest moment for me was definitely when Daniel died and ascended.
          That was one of the few times during the series when I actually cried.

Comment

For me, saddest moment is when SG-1 all comes back and Daniel is rushed to the infirmary. Sam says how much radiation he absorbed and Fraiser says it's a lethal dose. To me, that was the roughest part of the episode because that's when you first realize that this is it. His final hours.

Also, for some reason I feel SUPER awful anytime I watch Fifth get tricked into being trapped in the time dilation field with the rest of the human-form replicators.
            sigpic
            [call me loser.]

Comment

Probably a episode when SG-1 was about to find/get new alien devices and something stopped them.
              sigpic

Dr.Rodney McKay: Their operating system is a mess, thank goodness I remember DOS

Hallowed are the Ori

Stargate Space Simulator- http://marcusdamli.wix.com/stargate-eternity

Comment

And when Prometheus got destroyed in Ethon by the ori satellite
                sigpic

Dr.Rodney McKay: Their operating system is a mess, thank goodness I remember DOS

Hallowed are the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by TheAtlantia View Post
                  And when Prometheus got destroyed in Ethon by the ori satellite
                  I am surprised more people don't agree. In the many threads about saddest episode, moment etc, we see the usual stuff such as daniel in Meridian, There but for the grace, when he lost Sha're, and such. But you are the first i can remember who said when the 303 got blown to bits..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I am surprised more people don't agree. In the many threads about saddest episode, moment etc, we see the usual stuff such as daniel in Meridian, There but for the grace, when he lost Sha're, and such. But you are the first i can remember who said when the 303 got blown to bits..
                    I do! Prometheus was my favourite Stargate ship until Destiny came along. The Prometheus was Earth's first interstellar vessel and we saw a lot of its development, so it had that special place in the Stargate story. Seeing its end was sad, made more poignant by the heroic moment of Colonel Pendergast 'going down with the ship' having beamed out his crew first.

I guess we all tend to link sad moments in a show with a loved character, rather than an object. In this case I guess I've put Colonel Pendergast in there as a result of this tendency! lol.

Comment

Too true. I know i am guilty of that myself.. Though in comparison TO character loss, i wonder where it comes in.

Comment

It ending is my saddest moment.
                        sigpic
                        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I agree.
                          Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            I do! Prometheus was my favourite Stargate ship until Destiny came along. The Prometheus was Earth's first interstellar vessel and we saw a lot of its development, so it had that special place in the Stargate story. Seeing its end was sad, made more poignant by the heroic moment of Colonel Pendergast 'going down with the ship' having beamed out his crew first.

I guess we all tend to link sad moments in a show with a loved character, rather than an object. In this case I guess I've put Colonel Pendergast in there as a result of this tendency! lol.
                            So true! Prometheus will always be in our hearths
                            sigpic

Hallowed are the Ori

Comment

Don't you mean hearts?

Comment

I could mention Daniel's death, but I think that when I watched it I knew he was coming back. I was buying the series on DVD, so I probably saw him on a later season box set or something.

To be honest, I don't even remember my reaction. It's been at least six years since I've seen the show. I don't know if I'll have much of a reaction now that I'm re-watching the series, either, since he's alive and well now.

I'm still gutted by Janet's, and I only ever watched Heroes once. I'm certain that will always be the worst moment for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X