Your ideas for a SGU movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your ideas for a SGU movie

Not sure if this has been done. Or should I say how many times?

But what would you want to see in a SGU movie?

I would like to see the movie start with Eli being in a stasis pod. Showing that he had found a way to fix it. After that something happens that forces all the pods to open. Not sure what could force that to happen. Something to do with either the Nakai or the mysterious planet creators.

Or maybe they find some kind of Ancient space station that Destiny docks with and fully restores the ship to peak condition. HA wishful thinking.

Or imagine Eli is about a month or 2 into the trip and all of a sudden guess who arrives........Sam and the Hammond! They reverse engineered that really fast ftl drive thingy off Atlantis. Not sure how fast it actually is haha.

I want to see lots of cool space battles.

And of course at the end they find out the meaning of life and then go home.
    sigpic

Wishful thinking, but the Eli stasis pod idea sounds pretty interesting!
    sigpic

Comment

I'd involve the other two shows as well. I would have McKay or one of the other scientists on Atlantis (which is back in the Pegasus) discover more information about Destiny in the database. Maybe Janus had a lot of knowledge about Destiny, maybe he'd been there himself once, who knows. They'd discover a tracking system inside his lab to find Destiny.
      In the mean time, Eli managed to fi his pod and go into stasis in time. Then something happens that forces Destiny to drop out of FTL before they left the galaxy, thus allowing the drones to eventually track the ship down again.
      Back on Earth they've been working on wormhole drives after having worked with the one Atlantis had. They are eventually succesful at creating one for the Hammond.

Obviously a lot of stuff happens in between on all three fronts, but in the end, they use the Hammond to go to Destiny, where everyone's given the option to either leave with the Hammond to go back to earth, or stay on Destiny, without the ensurance (sp?) that they can ever go home again.

Comment

I would like to see the movie start with Eli miraculously gotten out of his stasis pod with no recollection of how he got in the stasis pod (still retaining his prior knowledge of everything of course). As he is disoriented, Destiny drops out of FTL, the drones come back and he tries to revive the crew with a new power source from earth (somehow) and saves the Destiny!

but yea, i like your guys ideas better than mine haha

Comment

Basically the rather infamous fanfic Force Over Distance - that, that's what I think happened, and would love to see something similar conceptually. (Though probably without the slash elements) It's a "redemption" arc of sorts for Rush, where Destiny itself traps him into becoming less or more than human. (The ship has seemed sentient at times and Franklin's disappearance was never explained) He manages to get everyone else home at great cost to himself, and then manages to ascend never to return to our brane. All very bitter sweet.

Comment

I'd make a mini-series of 5-6 episodes to finish the story of all three series and then a movie to finish off a completely new plot, that starts in the mini series.

In the mini-series, I'd have SG Earth and Atlantis teams help out to defeat the drones... somehow. Then, Eli casually happens to fix some parts of the ship with the help of the Blue Aliens, who turn out to be allies after all and not enemies. The Ursini show up and are defeated by the crew. In the movie, I'd show how does the crew get home, with everyone (the crew members' relatives and friends, etc.) expecting them in a huge-ass gateroom on Earth with SG-1 and SGA full teams present. I'd end the movie with Gen. O' Neill sending a trained crew to Destiny and have them explore everything that the original crew didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by YceQueen View Post
              Back on Earth they've been working on wormhole drives after having worked with the one Atlantis had. They are eventually successful at creating one for the Hammond..
              Being that in Enemy at the gates, it was stated that just using the worm hole drive from the edge of our galaxy to earth severely depleted the Z PMs on Atlantis, how do you think the Hammond will get 16+ galaxies out without at least a couple of DOZEN Zero point modules?

As for me, i see it actually being split into at least 2 movies.
              Movie 1.. Queue the ship, streaming in FTL, then the camera pans through the cold, light-less decks, and settles on Eli in his pod, then pans out, through more corridors to a doorway in the belly of the ship (which has yet to be explored), and it opens up, showing a Bigger version of the 'comm stone platform' in the back round and a man wearing a self contained breathing apparatus. He walks through the corridors, looking down at some hastily drawn scribbles for a map, and eventually makes it to the room with all the pods.
              He rubs his hands over a few, and speaks out loud "soon my friends. Soon".
              Then it cuts to earth, a party outside Gen O'Neil house/cabin, and all of SGA/SG1 main people are there, and up drives a Humvee. Out pops special agent Barret and another person (unknown to the teams).
              Once the greetings are done, he goes through this long spiel of how he came to this reality after finding another mirror like device (one way only), but all his knowledge of the shows came with him (even his dvd collection). He also goes on to mention all the dreams he has had about this massive comm stone platform which is in fact a teleporter, but depending on which of 6 potential dream types, depends on whether he (being the key person) can take others with him. In order of most restrictive to least, we go from 400+ dreams for the first of the dream iterations, down to a measly 3 dreams for the sixth one, out of 783 total dreams.. He mentions his dreams always showed him doing this briefing, but seemed to all come to a conclusion just before the SGC actually made a deal with him concerning what to do.
              -this part takes around 8-10 minutes, mostly talking and maybe some sort of chart/graph is used to help define those iterations.-

Cut to a mountainside up in Canada, and our new person showing SG1 (with Dr McKay and Zalenka in tow) the cave/room which houses a ring platform, that will take you to a 2nd facility Off planet (moon is the believed location), but for some reason whether by design or not, no other ring platform can even detect that ring unit, let alone travel to/from it.. Just like the rest of the units.
              The lower facility (Called low side) has just 4 rooms. The one with the ring platform, one off to its left with what is most likely a bunk bed, one of that which is a refresher/toilet, and one off to the right of the ring room, empty.
              The middle facility (called mid side) is big. Housing not just the ring platform coming from the lower facility but over half a dozen 10x12 rooms containing large bags of 'repair parts' for the ship, and even a large tablet like device that can be used to direct you to bad components. Unfortunately no one else can even get it to turn on, but the new guy.
              Also in the Mid side, is a largish round room containing the counterpart big comm device/teleporter, containing 48 stone slots around its waistline and 12 near its apex, though only 23 are currently filled by stones.
              He shows sg1 and company 4 other rooms each containing devices his dreams never mentioned to him what they do, so tells them have at it. And a 2nd ring platform, that like the one in the lower facility, only links to the 3rd facility (high side). This third spot is where the destiny and seed ships were actually built and launched from.
              He mentions to the assembled SGC personnel that before ANY attempt is made to see if others can go with him when he travels from mid side to the destiny (topside), both the SGC AND the people of the destiny will be in agreement about whether they even risk it, how many will try and from which side (earth or destiny) they will try from. But until said agreement is reached, he has no problems using the device to take him and supplies up to the ship, such as food, water, medicine and Naquida generators. Unfortunately his knowledge of tech is lacking, so to install any of those generators, Col carter or McKay will have to stone into his body (One he has traveled up to the ship with the generators) and take him over.
              -This part up to general O'Neill agreeing to what is being proposed/talked about, takes 5-7 minutes, long enough to see all the sites in each of the 3 facilities..-

Cue scenes of him up on the ship, with Rodney superimposed over him taking him over, so he can wake Eli, rush, Brody, Volkar and one other doctor to join him in installing the devices, while Col young, Lt Scott, James and Camile are woken up so they can also have their bodies be used by other technicians needing to 'stone in', so at least 2 dozen Naquida generators can get hooked up.
              Cue several scenes split between the destiny and earth at HWC where Col young and company are given a 2nd briefing (reduced) and those on the ship installing the generators and the ship being powered up to where people can be out and about, the bridge can be used (so can the apple core) without issues to Eli's plan to keep the ship in FTL.
              -This part takes a good 20-30 minutes.=

Then we finally get to Eli and company waking the rest of the crew up, to be greeted by our "New guy" bringing on supplies by the device (here known as the big cahona) with little snips back to earth (in the mid side) while Col carter directs traffic of what is going up. Finally once everything is stored (takes 5 or so minutes) the destinites full on briefing begins, which is not just a mirror of what was done on earth but more of a comical one (using people to help demonstrate).

Movie 1 ends with the destinites breaking into discussion groups, while our new guy stands with Dr rush, Eli and Col young on the bridge looking out over the ship going through FTL, and the new guy comments "Damn this ship is bigger than it looked on TV.. I definitely got my work cut out for me fixing her up"..
              Cue end credits.

Movie 2 comes in with a discussion on earth with col young and several others stating that the destinites have not reached a consensus, but at least can agree that if they DO go the route to use the cahona, Dr parks will be one of the first ones back to earth (so she can get her vision repaired).
              The film goes for a good while with discussions back and fourth from the ship, to the SGC to Atlantis (Dr McCray and Zalenka have been reading through the ancient database and can't find diddly squat on the cahona OR the 3 facilities). Eventually a decision is reached, and 3 people from the destiny stand by the device with our 'new guy'.. queue a count down as the hall outside is packed with people eagerly looking in (and the same back in mid side), and the 'flash of light' happens with our new guy heading back to earth.. THEN it cuts to the credits (leaving people to wonder did the others make it)..

Cue to a BIG poll/discussion/raffle what have you, as the 6 iterations are discussed at length on line, and once all the polls are in, film 3 will kick off with the result..

For note the 6 Iterations are
              1 - Only the new guy can go.. The device WAS initially meant for it, but due to their distance, similar to the power issue with the gates, it is too far away.
              2 - People CAN go, but both the stone they use and the slot they use Locks/Keys to that individual, which means you can take up to 59 people of the destiny, and not replace them with anyone from earth, 59 people from earth can 'reinforce' the crew of the destiny, or somewhere in between. BUT whom ever uses it will be the only ones ever using it. The big issue is, as mentioned only 23 stones exist on the 'mid side unit' and 21 on the top side unit, so at the moment only 44 people out of that 59 could actually go anywhere. And in NO dreams has any stone that has been made by the Asgard matter replicator worked.
              3 - Similar to Iteration 2, both the stone and slot key, but once someone returns to where they transported from, the slot re-opens up and can be used by someone else. Big issue here is since the stone's stay keyed, the SGC folk will need to eventually locate a LOT more to make this one effective.
              4 - is the weirdest one of the bunch. You take 3 and flip it around. Once someone returns the STONES open up, but the slot they used stays keyed. In all the 4 dreams that happened with this one, it was cause no more usable stones were ever located.
              5- In this iteration, once someone returns to where they came from, both the stone and the slot reopens, and can be used by someone else.
              And lastly we get to iteration 6. Neither the slot nor the stones ever key. Anyone can go any direction..

PS YES this is a dream i have had well into the 700+ number of times. And as the dreamer i always seem to vote for iteration 1, if not 3.

Comment

I'm semi-convinced that alternate Rush from Twin Destinies was going to return as a plot point - ascended being perhaps? Sigh... Yet another thing has come up where I'll never know if it even was a plot point, or just my crazed imagination!

Comment

On one hand, playing with story ideas for what could happen in SGU is to me at least not always the best thing to do, because I have a feeling that the people who made SGU happen are going to watch these threads, too. The idea being that anything that's played around here that is new and interesting has a lesser likelihood of being used in SGU, perhaps with the exception of events that were probably planned in advance for the third season that did not see the light.

I wonder if the same would apply to toying with who the director or composer could be, because it's not exactly delving into the potential future film's content.
                  Last edited by Mardus; 20 July 2013, 11:37 PM. Reason: Better wording
                  • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                  • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                  • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

here is the link of a story i posted...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286039/...6441#214406441

Comment

How’s about...

We start in space, what appears to be a derelict station in orbit of a planet, it looks kind of familiar, it’s dark though and we can’t make out much..

Flick to Atlantis, Carter and McKay are having one of their normal conversations about how he's found it and she's all into how he couldn't of done it without her help and so on..
                      McKay starts ranting on about how it’s his discovery and he should be going, she listens to his argument for a while then simply cuts him down by simply asking how he's going to get there without a ship, she has the Hammond, he has what, it’s not like he can just fly the City there..
                      He tries to argue but is just short by Jack shouting in the background that everyone is waiting for her and now isn't the time, Carter grins at McKay who tries to argue back, but Carter turns around and fades away, we realise that the conversation was taking place via Asgard like holo communications.

Cut to Carter, in Jacks cabin, Jack says that she shouldn't be working now, she comments that he shouldn't really have a homo communication system as he's retired, he smiles and says that saving the world a few dozen times grants him some sort of favour with the President.
                      They walk outside to a "Party", everyone is there, Mitchell, Daniel, Vala, Teal'C, Bra'tac, Rya'C his wife and infant, we see from the bunting that it’s a birthday party for the child, Ish'ta bring out the cake..
                      Bit of party going on, chat about random things that have gone off since SG1/SGA/SGU went off air.
                      Next day, Carter is about to leave we follow her around the cabin, there are pictures of her and Jack, she says bye to people saying that she’s got some urgent mission and so on, jack meets her at the door, embrace, kiss, normal married couple goodbye scene

Cut to Carter on the Hammond, earth orbit, making preparations to leave, ship turns, accelerates, and is gone...

We follow them through hyperspace for a bit and there general chat about the mission and so on, we see a star map that looks familiar with a red dot on it in the background, we can see that they have left the MW and are heading towards a different galaxy, not Pegasus but somewhere else.. the Hammond drops out of Hyperspace, scanners beep and then there’s a ping, Marks says he's found it, they set a course, as the ship rounds the planet we see the station, as they get closer we can make out it’s a shipyard.

Cut to internal, its Ancient, really really ancient, they manage to pull up some schematics but not what they are looking for, Marks walks in, he's ranting and raving about how they shouldn't of started without him, Carter looks at him and is about to tear a strip off him, then she realises, its McKay, using the stones..

Anyway, I'm at work and don’t really have the time to finish this but in short they have found once of the stations used to make the seed ships, they find a broken one in orbit of the local Sun, the engines are shot but its subspace link, sun scoops and gate are still working, they figure out a way to hold the ship in place with the Hammond’s tractor beams long enough to open a wormhole and send through all of the supplies on board they don’t have a lot as they were only out here looking for the station and they still need to get home, they didn’t imagine that they would actually get chance to do anything and the state of the seed ship means they only get one chance to open a wormhole.

Covers SG1, SGA and a few other characters that kind of bring things into a 3 way point with all shows covered.

We cut to Destiny, the gate's active and all we see are the supplies coming through and laying on the floor in the gate room, we slowly pan through the corridors to the stasis pod room, everyone is still asleep, but no Eli, we pan back on the way out we see an ancient suit on the floor, it appears to be wired partially into the power conduits, a power source and the broken stasis pod, its dark and looks empty but next to it is a pile of junk, a few Kino’s, wires, and so on, and Eli's T-shirt...

Thats what the next movie should be, something that brings together SG1 and SGA and gives us the answer to the question did Eli make it, as well as possibly giving us a start to SGA season 3...

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisStargate View Post
                        with a new power source from earth (somehow) and saves the Destiny!
                        I blame the producers for this cheesy line of thinking. Everything became about ZPMs and power sources. Thats fine in Atlantis where the shield generators were still 100% functional along with everything else but destiny has been out there millions of years, beat up, battered, gradually falling apart etc.

A good power source is only as good as the components and systems that will use it. If those systems are knackered the power source isn't going to make any difference.

You can have the finest V8 engine in the world but if the car it's fitted to has a rotten chassis, no wheels, broken propshaft and a missing gearbox, you're not going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X