Nakai motherships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nakai motherships

How strong do you think the Nakai motherships are? What ships could they take out?
    sigpic

Who are the Nakai?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Who are the Nakai?
      "May 17, 2011: Stargate: Universe Season 2 – The Blockade Bubble Bath Sequence! And Another Mucho Mailbag!"
      Chad: “Were we ever going to get an official name for the blueberry aliens?”

Answer: Yes. From now on, let’s refer to them as the Nakai.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
        How strong do you think the Nakai motherships are? What ships could they take out?
        Well as Quad has enlightened us with the knowledge that they are the blue aliens I don't think they're all that great to be honest. Sure I reckon they would give a Goauld mother ship a run for it's money but I think the Hatak would still destroy them.

You have to remember that Destiny is absolutely knackered and not one ship has really come close to destroying it so they can't be brilliant (although lets face it, any ship built by the ancients will give any super ship an impossible mission). The only way they have half a chance against anything is in numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
          You have to remember that Destiny is absolutely knackered and not one ship has really come close to destroying it so they can't be brilliant (although lets face it, any ship built by the ancients will give any super ship an impossible mission). The only way they have half a chance against anything is in numbers.
          I don't know: as knackered as Destiny is, it can still fly through stars, and that's no small feat. Of course, SG-1 was able to take a Ha'Tak without shields into the coronasphere of a blue giant in "Enemies," so that might be a useful comparison.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."

Comment

But being in the cronosphere is not the same as diving into the surface of the sun to recharge.
            As from what we have seen from the Nakai ships, they seem weak.

Comment

I would say the biggest weakness the ships have is the speed of the ships weapon. Although I like the way the weapon fires, the rate of fire is so slow. So weaker than a Ha'tak. How about the Prometheus?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                But being in the cronosphere is not the same as diving into the surface of the sun to recharge.
                Except that we're sort of measuring different things here: the reason that the Ha'Tak could stay in the corona for only a few hours because the inside would become unlivable after that time. However, when Destiny refueled, it went much deeper into the star but very quickly became unlivable.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                As from what we have seen from the Nakai ships, they seem weak.
                Compared to Destiny. However, we have very little basis for comparing Destiny to ships encountered in the Local Group.

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                I would say the biggest weakness the ships have is the speed of the ships weapon. Although I like the way the weapon fires, the rate of fire is so slow. So weaker than a Ha'tak. How about the Prometheus?
                I don't know: it's worth remembering that the Ori Motherships' main weapon fired just as slowly the the Nakai Motherships' weapon, but was capable of downing a Ha'Tak in one hit.

Comment

True.. Though how can we really compare the destiny/nakai ships with say the Gou'ald or wraith? did a wraith ship ever fire/hit a gate? Hit a building?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                    I don't know: it's worth remembering that the Ori Motherships' main weapon fired just as slowly the the Nakai Motherships' weapon, but was capable of downing a Ha'Tak in one hit.
                    Oh yes good point. But I think Ori weapons are lot stronger. So such a slow firing speed is fine for them. Not to mention it's such a big beam.
                    sigpic

Comment

Their shots came in fast, but the refire time was slow.

Comment

rate of fire could be attributed to power of shot in some cases, and the nakai were notably not trying to destroy destiny only disable it. they appear to be scavengers and quite possibly nomads, following destiny for god knows how long so they may salvage tech to integrate into their own. notably it has never been seen how easy it is to destroy them, it is implied that the berserker drones destroyed some of their ships under sheer numbers and the fighters are pretty easy to down in combat.

as we have seen no home planet for them and they have only appeared in real world situations with around 3 ships at a time, following destiny to a new galaxy they may well be a fleet of nomads who follow the ship using the fighter they docked on the destiny hull as a tracker so if they took a while to cross the void between galaxies they would know where it was to catch up.

also it may not count for much in terms of power but how big exactly are the motherships, shots of the shuttle entering/exiting plus the size of the hangar to the ship make them actually quite sizable, not entirely sure on exact measurements but they at least rival a seed ship in size. this could be inaccurate though as unless two ships nearly graze hulls they cant be compared in size (nakai ships like to keep at a distance which is difficult to determine in space.)

Comment

They don't appear to be that wide, but do appear to be long and tall.

Comment

maybe a design connection to the water inside the ship but has anyone notices when viewed face on they kind of look like a big fish?

Comment

Where their main weapon is, DOES look like an open mouth of sorts.

Comment

Working...
                              X