No announcement yet.

I miss Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just watch all of SG1 and SGA it took me about 9 months to watch them all. I did when I could. Now I am on SGU 1/3 thru the 1st season. What a great show that was. To bad it's was canned.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
      I have just watch all of SG1 and SGA it took me about 9 months to watch them all. I did when I could. Now I am on SGU 1/3 thru the 1st season. What a great show that was. To bad it's was canned.
      I've been watching SGU's 1st season again, I agree, great show, makes me wish there was more all over again. I've yet to come across another show that I look forward to with as much excited anticipation for each episode as I did Stargate SG-1 and SGU.

Comment

I that they Sci Fi should re-air SGU during the the time when the network are in hiatus. Perhaps it would stir up new interest.

Comment

i know its a little late (VERY) but I had to express my opinion
          I started to watch the stargate SG1 in 96 I think (or was it 97)
          I grow up with it and it was awesome , you start to feel like you really know the characters
          like you have experienced everything with them , like they matter and they did to all of us
          they were well written and felt so alive to me (especially as a kid)
          and it was a great escape from reality , to believe there is so much more out there then
          that there might be something similar
          it also felt really safe to think there really were people like jack oneal with his humor and ability to deal with any situation
          I wanted to be a part of it , I really wanted to live that life of adventure and have this wonderful friends who are both Cool and smart in addition to them being (As I said) loyal friends
          So who wouldn't be emotional about this
          if they kept going for another 10 years (like some soup operas do) we would still watch and love it (mostly)
          but alas we have to move on
          and I agree its like something died like a huge part of the adventure and excitement just went away
          and nothing came in its stead so it does feel like someone close to you has died
          I really hope one day they get all the team back together for a new show , because they had such a great group dynamic - you just don't see those anymore
          for now we grieve and move on a little more broken inside
          that's life

Comment

I forgot to say , I miss them all
            and may General George S. Hammond, USAF (Ret.) RIP (Don S Davis)
            May all SG cast get together to make a new show (I know it wont happen but...)

amen

Comment

still miss Stargate the tv franchise
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                still miss Stargate the tv franchise
                me too. and always will.

(((sg1 & atlantis)))
                sally

sigpic

Comment

The end of stargate marked the beginning of the end of good Scifi TV shows.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Scifi TV shows in the US... possibly yes.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

With a game that I am very involved in and during their live show Friday there was mention of our favorite sci-fi shows and with that I said Stargate.

Pretty much since friday I have come to thinking about it a lot more and I really am missing the show. I got into it rather late I think around SG-1 season 9 or 10. But really loved the show and became quiet the fan of SGA. During SGA I had some great times and hold many memories being apart of the fandom like meeting Paul McGillion who portrayed my favorite character and I did once attend a Gateworld gathering and it was a fantastic night and got to meet a few of the actors. From the fans to the actors wonderful and friendly people.

I'm very glad to see the forums are still around and pretty alive,which is great! I think I'm going to have to have some Stargate marathons.

Long Live STARGATE!
                      sigpic

Comment

I miss Stargate Atlantis so very much...!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I forgot to add but I also miss Stargate:Resistance the game a lot! Sadly it didn't last long,but it had a great community,fun it was great to have a Stargate game. I still hold out hope that one day there will be a game. I'd love to go on my own SG adventures.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is a glimmer of hope that we could get some more Stargate or something similar:
                            http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/3...quality-sci-fi

We also have the rebooted Stargate movies to look forward to, which will hopefully bring more fans to the franchise.

I'll probably rewatch the series again soon because I miss the shows, especially SG-1.

Comment

It would have been interesting in light of this article how things would have turned out for SGU if they held off making it for a couple of years after SGA ended!

Hopefully interest in Stargate will be renewed if the movie reboots go ahead and we will see a new Stargate show in the not too distant future. The Novans and Futurans are out there, that would be a series in itself, humans creating a space faring, stargate travelling civilization in the far reaches of the universe with unique challenges. There's a lot of us that would be happy if a new Stargate show materialised, that's for sure!

Comment

I'm lucky that I didn't wee the series when it was released but am going through them all on Amazon. New movies and shows would be nice if the theme hasn't been played to death. I guess the ratings would determine that. It might be hard to get a new spin on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X