No announcement yet.

Hawaii Con (September 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear that you had a nice time Atlantia. It's nice to know that the con did go ahead ok and delivered a good con experience.

Comment

Sorry all, I have been trying to upload photos but it keeps coming up with an error. I will post them to my facebook page.

Deeds. I am not sure of the actual numbers. I am guessing about 1,000, but I could be way out as the con was very spread out.
      Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
      sigpic
      Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
      HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
      Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
      Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
      Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post
        Sorry all, I have been trying to upload photos but it keeps coming up with an error. I will post them to my facebook page.

Deeds. I am not sure of the actual numbers. I am guessing about 1,000, but I could be way out as the con was very spread out.
        Oh that's good to know....if a Con starts off with small, but reasonable numbers, then hopefully it can build on them by word of mouth and reputation...after the horrible demise of Trek Gate this year in Germany it's good to know that others are "in the wings" so to speak....

It's probably too far for me to ever contemplate...however, get RDA and Michael Shanks on stage together and I'd sell my Granny to get there!!

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
          ...however, get RDA and Michael Shanks on stage together and I'd sell my Granny to get there!!
          Deed's Granny is warned.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post
            Although it was called a one on one, a small group was allowed. I bought a friend along. The conversation did not feel stilted or rehersed in any way.
            I like small groups for meetings such as this, as I would easily either run out of things to say or forget what I wanted to say until it was too late. Of course, when there's a group involved, it can be difficult to get a chance to say what you want to say, so you've gotta be ready to jump on your opportunities.

I'm glad it all went well and much fun was had. Hopefully they won't have to put up with any hassles next year.

Comment

Just saw this on FB

HawaiiCon
              16 mins ·

We only have about 350 tickets left for HawaiiCon 2015!
              Yes, they are selling out that quickly!

Right now, tickets are $125 for all four days (that's $31.25 per day). If you are planning to go, the early bird... well, you know!

Get your tickets here: http://hawaiicon2015.eventbrite.com
              Mahalo!
              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
              sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
              Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                Just saw this on FB

HawaiiCon
                16 mins ·

We only have about 350 tickets left for HawaiiCon 2015!
                Yes, they are selling out that quickly!

Right now, tickets are $125 for all four days (that's $31.25 per day). If you are planning to go, the early bird... well, you know!

Get your tickets here: http://hawaiicon2015.eventbrite.com
                Mahalo!
                HawaiiCon has a Kickstarter to try to bring either Chris Judge, Gary Jones, or Tony Amendola depending on how much they raise via pre-selling photo-ops and the like. http://kickstarter.com/projects/1271...hawaiicon-2015

Comment

Working...
                X