Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the signal during the big bang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    And yet, it would have to arrive at SOME date. That date would be statistically impossible. In the same way that people win the lottery every week, despite astronomical odds.
    The universe is expanding exponentially. Destiny would have to be faster (when I say faster, I mean with respect to several restrictions and considerations) than the expansion of the universe in some manner to be able to map out and cover the vastness of the universe and get the signal. It's either that or the answer can be arrived at through some finite/smaller subset/portion of the whole answer (this one being the more likely case to me). Or have to present some sort of contraction of the universe somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      The universe is expanding exponentially. Destiny would have to be faster (when I say faster, I mean with respect to several restrictions and considerations) than the expansion of the universe in some manner to be able to map out and cover the vastness of the universe and get the signal. It's either that or the answer can be arrived at through some finite/smaller subset/portion of the whole answer (this one being the more likely case to me). Or have to present some sort of contraction of the universe somewhere down the line.
      But if the frame of reference is relative to the universe then unit of length increases with universe size which means Destiny's speed increases as the universe expands so the expansion is irrelevent !

Comment

To the best of my understanding: The expansion of the universe is determined using standard units, so to speak. If the standard units were changing in conjunction with the expansion, we'd have no way to determine the expansion in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfalcon View Post
          But if the frame of reference is relative to the universe then unit of length increases with universe size which means Destiny's speed increases as the universe expands so the expansion is irrelevent !
          Why would that be the case? Speed is a function of time and distance, both of which are absolute not relative. Unless the expansion of the universe is altering the speed of light...

Comment

Working...
          X