Command Structure of Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Any leader should know the welfare of his people (especially since their were civiliians) is more important than the mission
    No cause Young and Greer didnt think so.

Your forgetting that Rush's employers are the military and this a military mission so anything that's military is more important then civilian matters thats how it is always weather you agree or not.

Comment

The care Young put into the people he commanded is a completely separate debate. I would call Icarus a mix of both civillians and military personel. Its really a moot point. It is never going to be justible to gamble all those people's lives just to see where the 9th chevron goes. That is what keeps coming back to me. Rush had no idea how dangerous the 9th chevron. What if it led to a place with no oxygen. It is not right to risk those lives just because Rush wanted to see where the 9th chevron goes.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Rush does have a self centered streak. However, without it much of what was really interesting about the show wouldn't have taken place.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Rush hadn't done anything questionable? The stranding of everyone on Destiny is reason enough to question Rush
          They were razzing/questioning him before they even WENT to the destiny (look at the dinner scene in Air Pt1 when they were still on the icarus planet)..

Comment

And as Telford hinted in Earth, Rush had being doing questionable things before Air
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              The difference of course being that civilians are free to terminate their employment. That is if we ignore the obvious ethical dilemmas and try to apply "Earth laws" to Destiny at all. If we were talking about Icarus then fair enough, but Destiny doesn't belong to the USAF, they have no more claim to it than anyone else aboard.
              I'm sorry - they're not in any way refugees.

The Destiny situation is an evac that went wrong. They are still on-duty, they are still under command of DHWS. It is Colonel Young's job ton get them home as they were HIS personnel, civilian or otherwise at Icarus, they ALL worked FOR him. The civilians can still resign from his command out on Destiny, but that's irrelevant, he has a duty of care to get his personnel home, which means HE is in charge of what goes on on the ship. If the civilians resign, they can, but they loose all access to ship's systems and technologies, they become passengers. If they want to continue to work with alien technologies to help aid their objectives, they do so under Young's command. Period. Civilians regularly work with military personnel, and despite not having signed the same 'dotted line' they are to follow their orders or resign.

Destiny was always part of the Icarus Project.

Atlantis is a completely different matter, the civilian leadership there was because it was a non-military research expedition which just had military support, reporting to the IOA - NOT the DHWS. Icarus/Destiny was a US Military operation, not an IOA op. You cannot compare the two

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Me thinks jelgate is a member of the IOA lol

Comment

So now you have resorted to personal attacks. Interesting
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

So now you have resorted to personal attacks. Interesting
                    What? How is that an attack, it was a mild stargate related joke. I didn't call you an offensive name, I didn't use a nasty word against you... sheesh I wish I had now for that accusation.

Peeps, I reckon jelgate is a .. oh hang on then I'd deserve your response.

Comment

And as Telford hinted in Earth, Rush had being doing questionable things before Air
                      Pity he never hinted what they were? Unless he was on about his single mindedness (even ignoring his wifes disease/death) to solve the 9th chevron issue.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Pity he never hinted what they were? Unless he was on about his single mindedness (even ignoring his wifes disease/death) to solve the 9th chevron issue.
                        Human makes it pretty clear that the 9th chevron drove Rush. Despite loving Gloria, its all he cared about
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                        X