This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

benedict cumberbatch - my name is the doctor, heh could be fun
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 01 June 2013, 05:57 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I still think it's time . . .

ResurrectionTardis.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

Rule #1: The Doctor must always be male. Might have two heads, might have no head, but must always be male.
        I'm seeing some lovely suggestions here! I've never seen Damien Molony before, but he looks like he could be good. Andrew Lee-Potts of course is always fantastic. I'd never thought of Colin Morgan, but he is a good actor.
        My first choice would be Anthony Head. It would be nice to have a more mature Doctor for a while. He's supposed to be a wise, all-knowing immortal, and it can be difficult to respect someone who doesn't even look old enough for a college degree. If not him, then Bradley James. Anthony Head was Giles (not a Buffy fan, but that does not negate his awesomeness), and Bradley James was Arthur Pendragon on Merlin.
        sigpic
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

I'm hoping that it's someone who is prepared to stay a little longer, which might mean someone slightly later in their career who has less impetus to keep bouncing on to new projects...

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
            I still think it's time . . .

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/Archaeis/ResurrectionTardis.jpg

[ATTACH]37929[/ATTACH]
            "Yeah, baby! Time and relative dimensions in ess ee ecks!"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seabee View Post
              "yeah, baby! Time and relative dimensions in ess ee ecks!"
              groovy baby
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

I don't understand why people want a female doctor so badly...Why mess with it that much?

The Doctor is fine as a male...It would be exceptionally weird for him to switch genders.

That being said, Robert Carlyle has my vote.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  I don't understand why people want a female doctor so badly...Why mess with it that much?

The Doctor is fine as a male...It would be exceptionally weird for him to switch genders.

That being said, Robert Carlyle has my vote.
                  I would only accept Robert Carlyle if it didn't take him away from Once Upon A Time
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Let's not forget, whoever they pick probably has to commit to three or four years work, and will have to live in Cardiff for eight or nine months each year.

Comment

the new doctor
                      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382110/?ref_=sr_1

jk
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 01 June 2013, 11:46 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        Let's not forget, whoever they pick probably has to commit to three or four years work, and will have to live in Cardiff for eight or nine months each year.
                        Eight or nine months? Geez, what's with the ridiculous shooting schedule for a 13 episode season?
                        sigpic

Comment

Eight or nine months? Geez, what's with the ridiculous shooting schedule for a 13 episode season?
                          I believe it is because the Doctor is in nearly every single scene.

BTW don't forget the Christmas episode as well = 14 episodes.

Comment

Well I'm up for the Job...

But seriously I am of the belief that we need a relatively unknown actor to play the Doctor.
                            And someone who'll play off Jenna Louise Coleman well.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                              Well I'm up for the Job...

But seriously I am of the belief that we need a relatively unknown actor to play the Doctor.
                              And someone who'll play off Jenna Louise Coleman well.
                              I suspect that is the way it will go. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't most of the people cast as the Doctor been relatively unknown at the time? I think Peter Davison and Chris Eccleston have been the most high profile actors to get the part.

Really my only requirements for a new Doctor is that they can act, and that they can run.

Comment

In my book this has long been the one sign that Doctor who is behind the scene a poorly run show with either producers or the show runner simply unable to create and efficient way to produce Doctor who I think that is partly a combination of there addiction of using well known names in roles. The fact they use locations all over the UK. The BBC lacking in house talent for producing shows in house with large amount of cgi.

I wouldn't be surprise if one of the reasons they have gone few several producers over the last few years is the BBC trying to find someone able to produce doctor who more efficently.

Comment

Working...
                                X