Movie never to happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie never to happen?

I know StarGate is pretty dead... not just U, but all of them... But if we did get a StarGate (tele)movie again... do you think they'd give Universe a resolution?
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

MGM isn't interested in Stargate right now and probably won't be until long after everyone has forgotten about SGU. If we get anything at all, it's much more likely that we'll get a reboot.
    Meh...

Comment

No i think any future movie would either continue SG1 (probably with some new members) or reboot sg1 and start from scratch. SGU just wasn't popular enough for a movie.
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Unfotunatelly, that's the truth. SGU is JUST gaining popularity only now, after being taken off the air. Even if the show DOES gain enough interest - and that's YEARS AFTER IT WAS CANCELLED - by some miracle, I believe we'll see a new Stargate movie or a TV series in a couple of decades and after even the SGU cast members will be retired for at least a couple of years.

Even if MGM expresses interest in a new Stargate TV series, they will go with one of the following options:
        1. A reboot of the series (a most likely option)
        2. A continuation of SG-1/Atlantis with different cast and characters (a likely option)
        3. A continuation of SG-1/Atlantis with the same cast and characters (impossible as per JM's blog)
        4. A continuation of SGU with a new cast and characters (about 20-50 % likely to happen)
        5. A continuation of SGU with the same cast and characters (still possible, but odds of that happening are very slim due to initial SGU's popularity)
        6. A remake of the original 1994's Stargate movie (10000000000 % likely to happen)
        7. A remake of the original 1994's Stargate movie AND a TV series squel (1000000000000000000000000000000000000 % to happen)
        8. A re-boot without an original movie (unlikely to happen, because... let's face it... this is Stargate we're talking about after all)

Comment

I wonder if SGU is gaining more popularity at this point because it's on Netflix. (It might not hurt if Once Upon a Time fans are looking for other shows with Robert Carlyle, either.)
          sigpic

Comment

I think that IF MGM were ever to make another Stargate movie, it would combine all three shows, rather than just focussing on one.
            Wouldn't count on it, tho

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
              I wonder if SGU is gaining more popularity at this point because it's on Netflix. (It might not hurt if Once Upon a Time fans are looking for other shows with Robert Carlyle, either.)
              I think a lot of them do. The RC videos I've posted on Youtube get a lot of comments from OUAT fans.

Comment

Originally posted by YceQueen View Post
                I think that IF MGM were ever to make another Stargate movie, it would combine all three shows, rather than just focussing on one.
                Wouldn't count on it, tho
                1000000% yes please! Resolution would be great, and maybe Universe might actually make sense that way.

Totally not likely to happen though

Comment

I hope we get SG back in some form sometime. Unfortunately it's most probably not going to include a conclusion to SGU... A reboot of SG-1 is by far the most likely option, but I don't expect anything to happen within the next 10-20 years. Perhaps by then, realistic-looking VR environments will be cheap enough to simulate credibly so that they can make genuinely alien-looking planets, instead of everything looking like BC.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    instead of everything looking like BC.
                    The same way all alien planets in Doctor Who look like a quarry in Wales? But we love the shows because of it. Mostly... As for reboots, it will be really, really expensive because, as for half a dozen other threads asking the same thing, all the current cast have moved on, all the props/sets/costumes have been sold. It would literally need to be redone from scratch.

Comment

Ahhh... From memory, Firefly was mothballed by Jos Whedon, so he could resurrect things for Serenity... (?) But yes, if they had to redo all the sets/costumes/etc, that would make it even more less likely...

I could certainly picture a scenario where all 3 franchises could come together - in some form or other - but being U centric... if that helped to sell the idea... though I guess that just adds complexities.

Given how quickly Hollywood is making reboots these days, I could see a Star Gate reboot not too far away...
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

What would be nice would be a movie that brings SG1/SGA together to close a few chapters, how SGA get back to Pegasus etc. quick update on what SG1 are doing and then use that as a .... to SGU, possible kick into S3 would be my wish but it'll never happen...

What we might get, as it keeps being pushed about, is a Stargate 2 written by the chap who did the first one and then a reboot from there

Comment

Working...
                        X