Hannibal tv series (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannibal tv series (2013)

Couldn't see any threads on this so here I am making one.

Hannibal (TV series) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanniba...ries)#Episodes

Hannibal is an American thriller television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on the series of novels by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI criminal profiler Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy. The series received a 13 episode order for its first season and, unlike most U.S. network shows, any future seasons will also feature 13 episodes. David Slade executive produced and directed the pilot. The series premiered on NBC on Thursday April 4, 2013.

My thoughts (no spoilers)
    So far I've enjoyed the first episode they managed to make it not to gorey. I also like how it's more about the detective and not hannibal, and how it explores the minds of people if you get what I mean.

Note: Even though it's on NBC I don't think it will be cancelled so far it seems pretty awesome and I think many dexter fans would enjoy it

Given the time of year and NBC's record with Thursday shows I doubt it will last
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I watch the first episode last night, I really liked it a lot. It will probably end up getting canceled, but I hope not.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Given the time of year and NBC's record with Thursday shows I doubt it will last
        It had pretty good ratings for the first episode (then again it is the first episode) but it also received good reviews by critics but yeah, I really hope it doesn't but knowing nbc def that possibility

Comment

NBC has had some good programs with interesting ideas but they usually botch it with their shows. I haven't seen Hannibal yet but I may check it out.
          sigpic

Favorite quote:
          McKay: You shot me!
          Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
          Ronon: You shot me, too.
          Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
            It had pretty good ratings for the first episode (then again it is the first episode) but it also received good reviews by critics but yeah, I really hope it doesn't but knowing nbc def that possibility
            It got passable ratings....for an NBC show. It doesn't have much breathing room to drop. And most shows drop in ratings. As for the critics, they mean nothing if the show doesn't sell ratings. Remember Lone Star
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Sadly I think this show will get 2 seasons at most. Rating's not too bad, but I feel that its a bit too much for America. What help's in its favor that the show is only 13 episode orders(mainly creators want it this way) so NBC may want to let it stick around in case other shows flop or future shows lop. Hannibal is climbing up to be my favorite tv show of the season and maybe of the last few years.
              sigpic

Favorite quote:
              McKay: You shot me!
              Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
              Ronon: You shot me, too.
              Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

I like Hugh Dancy so I decided to give it a shot. Watched part of the first episode and all of last week's.

I hope NBC lets it go for a few weeks and see what happens with the ratings.

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

So, I have been watching this show on DVD through Netflix. Overall I really like it, but I feel the gore is often too much and done with no other purpose than being shocking. Granted on DVD the episodes are mostly Producer's Cuts, so I am probably seeing more than was broadcast. I have to say I wish it wasn't there because I just don't feel it lends to the experience of watching the story unfold. And to clarify, I don't mean everything. Some of what is done I do believe is necessary to add to the suspense and overall creepy quality of the show. But often the extremes they go to are clearly only intended for shock value and that is something I feel detracts from the otherwise quality material.

I just finished Disc 3 and I in all honesty I was disappointed with all three episodes. The first two were excellent, until they ended. The setup of both episodes should have led to multi-part episodes. They both had very intriguing mysteries that should not be solved quickly, but they were. Instead of drawing out the baffling aspects of the story each episode ended simply and abruptly. The conclusions felt rushed and I was very disappointed. The third episode on the disc was disappointing to me for a different reason . . .

Spoiler:
                  I just didn't believe the neurologist would be willing to keep Will's condition from him. And while I am in spoiler mode here are the episodes I am talking about are: Episode Eight: Fromage, Episode Nine: Trou Normand, and Episode Ten: Buffet Froid.

I just received Disc 4 and I certainly hope these episodes improve over what happened in the last three.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the second season(I loved season 1). It starts Feb 28th at 10 pm. I like that it's been moved to Fridays.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      I'm really looking forward to the second season(I loved season 1). It starts Feb 28th at 10 pm. I like that it's been moved to Fridays.
                      Yeah, that will be some looong nights then for me, watching two of my favourites in a row.
                      Just got the DVDs from the 1st season as Xmas-present and watched the featurettes. I like it a lot that Bryan has plans for 4 seasons. Hope it will last for four seasons.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I read that he hopes for a seven season show. 3 seasons of original material followed by a season each for Red Dragon, Hannibal, and Silence of the Lambs, and then a final season of original stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                          Yeah, that will be some looong nights then for me, watching two of my favourites in a row.
                          Just got the DVDs from the 1st season as Xmas-present and watched the featurettes. I like it a lot that Bryan has plans for 4 seasons. Hope it will last for four seasons.
                          Grimm and Hannibal fit well together, I think. I like it when shows I enjoy air back to back and I don't and I don't have to switch the channel lol(and Friday is a good night for me to stay up late). I have the first season on BD, I re-watched it at the beginning of Nov, I haven't gotten around to watching the extras yet though. I hope it lasts four seasons as well. I think it's a great show.

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          I read that he hopes for a seven season show. 3 seasons of original material followed by a season each for Red Dragon, Hannibal, and Silence of the Lambs, and then a final season of original stuff.
                          Seven seasons would be cool too. I so don't want this show to get canceled anytime soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

Returns next week.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't wait
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X