The moral of the story is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The moral of the story is......

Don't listen to other people's opinions!!!

I'm a huge stargate fan, but have heard nothing but negative things about SGU, but as a fan I picked up the SGU box set in the post Xmas sale and decided I should watch it, especially being a huge AT fan I had to see her bits.

Well I love it......

Yes it's not got the same humour as SG1 or SGA and it is certainly darker and doesn't show the military in the same good light as the previous series, but it's a great story with great characters. I think I'm going to be joining those who are sad it ended
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Seeeee, what have I been saying for several years now? It's a great show! Just different.

I love the others too, but I put them in different category definitely.
    sigpic

Comment

Couldn't agree more! And I'm just glad to see more and more are watching it and liking it

Comment

YES YES YES.

We are all with you on this.

The more I watch it the more I realise how much of a gem that show was.

People don't realise just how good it was.
        SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Here is another "moral of the story"
          People liked "old skool Sargate", and when they messed with it, Stargate died.

This is not an attack on SGU, it is an observation on what happened, love SGU all you want.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

This is not an attack on SGU, it is an observation on what happened, love SGU all you want.
            possibly, and yes i know its not an attack on SGU, its a great show in its own right, just not quite in the same theme as what SG1/SGA brought us, in fact i would almost say its more in fitting with the original movie
            sigpic
            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
              possibly, and yes i know its not an attack on SGU, its a great show in its own right, just not quite in the same theme as what SG1/SGA brought us, in fact i would almost say its more in fitting with the original movie
              Are you talking about 1 L O'neil here?
              I could sorta see that as an "emotional Re-awakening" type of deal equating Young (or Rush) to O'neil's refinding of reasons to live
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Nah i don't believe this. Given how the DVD market went and how most Scifi went, i doubt you can blame it on that.

far too many things around the show happened to blame it just on the content. Also, every fan and hater of SGU found that it found it's place more over time.

Comment

Personally I think many fans didn't like it purely because it replaced SGA and SG1 and so didn't watch it with an open mind.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Personally I think many fans didn't like it purely because it replaced SGA and SG1 and so didn't watch it with an open mind.
                    yup.

also, from day 1 the writers told us it would be different yet everyone went "why is it different?!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      yup.

also, from day 1 the writers told us it would be different yet everyone went "why is it different?!!!!"
                      Most fans apparently didn't want something different. Knowing you might not like something in advance won't make one any more likely to like it.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Well I guess the writers, tired of penning the same old same old, wanted to grow up and hoped their audience would join them.

Ah well. The original poster should heed her own warning and "Don't listen to other people's opinions!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                          Well I guess the writers, tired of penning the same old same old, wanted to grow up and hoped their audience would join them.
                          Speaking purely for myself, I wanted them to "grow up"
                          They did not, and that is why I am annoyed with them. I saw NOTHING in SGU that was done better, or uniquely than any other show, sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

I on the other hand ,saw a lot that was better.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                              I on the other hand ,saw a lot that was better.
                              And that is A OK by me
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X