Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Bloods TV Show: Discussion, spoilers for all seasons and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Bloods TV Show: Discussion, spoilers for all seasons and everything else ....

Lately I discovered this show and really started to like it.

The series follows the Irish-American Reagan family of police officers with the New York City Police Department (NYPD). Francis "Frank" Reagan (Tom Selleck) is the Police Commissioner. He was a U.S. Marine and a Vietnam veteran before he joined the NYPD. He is a widower whose son Joe died in the line of duty, leaving him three remaining adult children—Danny (Donnie Wahlberg), an NYPD detective, Erin (Bridget Moynahan), an assistant district attorney, and Jamie (Will Estes), a police officer with the NYPD. (description copied from Wikipedia).

So hoping that I am not the only fan of this show on Gateworld, please feel free to post here about Blue Bloods
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

good news: show has been renewed for a forth season

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0329/cbs.html
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Comment

this is one part of all episodes I really like: the family dinner

Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Comment

At first I thought 'OH NO. Not another Cop show!'. But then...

But one day I sat down and actually watched the 'Pilot' episode. And I enjoyed it.
        Following it up by catching the occasional episode on my days off from work.

I really like the family dinner which occurs each episode.

It airs on Sky Atalantic here in the UK. New episodes, currently season 3, are shown on Thursdays at 2100 with a repeat showing on Friday and Wednesday. They have just started to repeat season 2 in an afternoon slot with omnibus showings on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Spoiler:
        There is a cast member change between the 'Pilot' and the first episode. The actress who plays Erin's daughter, Nikki, changes. And they explain the change by....
        "Oh I see you've had your hair cut Nikki"
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

about what you put in spoiler tags

I noticed the change too and I was really confused at the beginning - but I missed the explanation; probably need to go an do a rewatch to find it.

Speaking of watching the episodes, I've watched all episodes of season 1 and 2 up to the last aired episode of season 3 in less than a week

I am completely hooked .....
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

They need to have episodes with Jamie. He is the best character on that show.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Thats nearly 60 episodes...! :: Gulps ::

I wouldn't say that I'm hooked. But I do enjoy the series.

Comment

I believe the show could make a better use of the character of Jamie Reagan. Sometimes I believe the show deals really a lot about Danny and Frank, immediately followed by Erin, but Jamie is used only marginally (except for his undercover gig). That's a pity because I think that there would be much more potential in the character and in the actor himself.
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  They need to have episodes with Jamie. He is the best character on that show.
                  Amen!

you were quicker than me on that one
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a Fan of Erin... With Nikki a close second...

I agree they do tend to centre the stories around Danny and Frank.
                    Although Jamie did have a big part to play, in my opinion, in the season 1 finale 'Blue Templar'.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      I'm a Fan of Erin... With Nikki a close second...
                      I really like Nikki too. I did not like her at all during the pilot. I am not really sure if I just did not like the actress playing her in the pilot or if they wrote her differently afterwards. She's a great kid!
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Comment

It might be the fact that they changed the way that they write Nikki.
                        Or something to do with what I put in the spoiler tags?

Comment

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/blu...f-faith_1.html

promo for next episode "Loss of Faith" - don't want to see spoilers, don't watch

that promises to be a very exciting episode!!!!! really look forward to it

EDIT: however, I am rather confused, the episode description has nothing to do with what they show in the promo - could the promo be for a future episode????? just wondering

here the official episode description:
                          Spoiler:

"Loss of Faith" — When a devoutly religious young woman is found murdered in a cemetery, Danny questions her family who is shocked to learn that she had a secret relationship,
                          Last edited by mi_guard; 01 April 2013, 12:23 PM.
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

And here a very interesting clip about the weekly family dinner. Wondering how much of the show's budget goes into food

Blue Bloods : Behind the Dinner Scenes

Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

press release about Episode no. 3.20 - Ends and Means

Spoiler:
                              DANNY AND LINDA FIGHT WHEN SHE PREVENTS HIM FROM QUESTIONING A WITNESS UNTIL AFTER SURGERY AND THE WITNESS DIES DURING THE PROCEDURE, ON "BLUE BLOODS," FRIDAY, APRIL 12

"Ends and Means" — When two Wall Street brokers are killed in drug deals, Danny looks to question a wounded accomplice at the hospital but he is stopped by Linda, who won’t let Danny see him until after surgery. But when the accomplice dies during the procedure, Danny and Linda battle over the judgment call, on BLUE BLOODS

from spoilertv.com
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X