No announcement yet.

Ideas/brainstorming for a new Stargate spinoff/reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just registered now, but have been watching the forum for a while. My re-boot suggestions, and I have thought of this a while are as follows:

-1 Looking back in time, A focus on the Asgard and a review of the missions of Thor and their fight against the Go'ould and other enemies

-2 A look back in the ancients and their war against the wrath

-3 Stargate the next generation - The Jaffa and Earth have a sort of cold war. The Ori can no longer make new priors and in this galaxy they have broken into 2 groups, peaceful and another which seeks power and has built a force and expands. They have no direct war with Earth, but are at war with Jaffa and a sort of cold war on earth. The war with the wrath weakened them to the point where the Asgard there were able gather supplies and make a powersource so they crossed the gate to this galaxy, where they are not all good. Those Asgard figured out how to procreate again and their children don't all agree with their parents. While he parents are bad, some children do not agree with the end justifying the means. The Asgard grow in power and are at odds with others, but seek mostly peace to grow...but cause problems in some areas.

Comment

I recently came up with an idea of a short lived series/miniseries used as character and background introductions for a new show. I coined it, "Stargate: Revelation."

I envisioned it more of a Scifi political drama with the action coning from the cast that would lead the new gate program. That new SG leader being a Green Beret, turned politician who decides to reactivated after discovering off world travel and that space is a very, very hostile place.

the crux would revolve around the drama and politics of making the gate public and Human's first steps to expand out throughout the galaxy.

Comment

personally, i think that before any more spin-offs come, the canon needs to be determined......not, which episodes are canon, but rather, what the canon says. first off scientists can be wrong, thus, when there is a conflict in an episode, like torment of tantalus or 1969, or even trying to make the movie compatible...these inconsistencies need to first be explained before another spin-off is done, as, the spin-off can bring in episodes to exploit that explanation........but mostly of what i am finding are people who are content with saying "it wasn't in the production budget".....are you kidding me? really?

here are a few things to think about:

was Ra a member of the ascended?
        Abydos and Heliopolis needs explaining
        torment of tantalus has about 4 different issues that breaks seemingly canon law
        1969 break a HUGE canon law
        SGU breaks some pretty big ones too

they need to be explained first

Comment

Let's pretend I do care. Where do I find the rest of it.
          I'm also promoting my spin off series on fanfiction. I just finished a trailer for it.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFh4mIbxyko
          (Don't worry, it's not just a bunch of clips/pictures with music like other fanfic trailers).

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
            personally, i think that before any more spin-offs come, the canon needs to be determined......not, which episodes are canon, but rather, what the canon says. first off scientists can be wrong, thus, when there is a conflict in an episode, like torment of tantalus or 1969, or even trying to make the movie compatible...these inconsistencies need to first be explained before another spin-off is done, as, the spin-off can bring in episodes to exploit that explanation........but mostly of what i am finding are people who are content with saying "it wasn't in the production budget".....are you kidding me? really?

here are a few things to think about:

was Ra a member of the ascended?
            Abydos and Heliopolis needs explaining
            torment of tantalus has about 4 different issues that breaks seemingly canon law
            1969 break a HUGE canon law
            SGU breaks some pretty big ones too

they need to be explained first
            Every franchise has issues like this.

Star Trek has the most famous one. That being about the klingons suddenly gaining forehead ridges in the films. And while there was eventually and explanation given in Enterprise, there wasn't exactly a huge clamour for it to be explained for the most part.

Doctor Who likewise has continuity errors all the way through its entire 50 year existence.

Now I'm not saying that their aren't times when an idea might come along which a writer might put in as an explainer, but most of the time it isn't overt. It's just thrown in as a simple one off line, and that is only for the most glaring of continuity errors.

Take the fact that Abydos and Heliopolis share the same address for example. That would never ever be explained. It was simply a continuity error caused by using stock footage, and most likely down to the fact that the script called for Heliopolis to be celestially close to Abydos so the Abydos address was used to save time. It happens. Continuity errors are all over shows. In the first season episode "Enemy Within" there is a scene where Teal'c's Tattoo is quite clearly upside down... that's not something that can be explained away.

Another big one comes in season 4's 'Double Jeopardy'. At the end when Cronus has been defeated the final shot you see is of a Goa'uld mothership coming down and landing on the pyramid. This is the same mothership that SG-1 take for themselves and you see them using in the season 4 finale. Now at the end of double jeopardy when it lands, the ship quite clearly has four sides to it's pyramid, however a hatak craft in the rest of the series only has three.
            Now I know you could say that maybe SG-1 stole the one with four sides and something occurred where they had to abandon it and instead took a three sided mothership..... but that is a tad bit of a stretch. After all we never see any other such Motherships like that.

I'm a writer by trade, and I enjoy thinking up reasons why some continuity mistakes can be explained away. But when it comes to certain errors I would never expect the show to revisit one they made years earlier. It might be suitable for any novelizations out there. I know for a fact that the makers of the Stargate RPG took it upon themselves to explain that Ra's host before the human one was an Asgard, which explains his appearance in the films. Bu for the majority there is no real getting around them. SG-1 and Atlantis have loads, just like every other show out there.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

so, the RPG is where people are getting the idea of the asgard host for Ra.....i was wondering
              personally, i just figured it was an Unas, young, before the horns grew in
              look, i realize the inconsistencies......and the fact that the producers are no longer coming up with new ideas, i wish to continue
              i will continue in my way. I have no intention of going against established canon
              what i find as very funny is people slamming me for this, presenting alot of resistence, where, others are doing the same thing
              you might want to ask yourself, "why am i focused on this guy when there are others doing the same thing, and i am not on their case about"
              just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
                i will continue in my way. I have no intention of going against established canon
                what i find as very funny is people slamming me for this, presenting alot of resistence, where, others are doing the same thing
                Because many tried before you and everyone has discovered the exact same thing. That at it's core, stargate breaks down and makes no sense. It only makes sense if you don't think about it.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Every franchise has issues like this.
                I know for a fact that the makers of the Stargate RPG took it upon themselves to explain that Ra's host before the human one was an Asgard, which explains his appearance in the films. Bu for the majority there is no real getting around them. SG-1 and Atlantis have loads, just like every other show out there.
                Yea but Ra possessing an Asgard makes no sense for the other 100 implications it has.

Comment

i like the idea of Ra possessing an unas before it had horns, a preteen or teenage unas
                  then later took a human host, then accidntally ascended, which is how anubis learned about ascension.....this being why Ra was glowing at the end of the movie as he was watching the count down

Comment

The way many of us, including myself, look at it is that the movie and the subsequent TV franchise are completely separate continuities. There are so many differences between them that attempting to shoehorn them into the same continuity is an exercise in futility.

In the movie where Ra appears somewhat like an Unas or Asgard, you need to understand that there is no such thing as Unas or Asgard. They don't exist in the movie's continuity, nor does ascension. Ra appeared the way he did, and glowed, not because he was ascended or in any way different from other Goa'uld. It was simply the way the creators of the movie imagined him.

When Stargate SG1 was created, Ra was completely reimagined. Gone was the Roswell Grey, X-Files, 90s alien cliché. Ra was reimagined as a Goa'uld, a race of snake-like parasites. The were many other changes too. O'Neill rather than O'Neil, his son was named Charlie instead of Tyler. In fact, the whole character of O'Neill was completely different. A lot of the differences can be explained by the fact that, during the first Abydos mission, a lot less time had passed since the death of his son. That doesn't change the fact that, in the series, he is fundamentally a far less serious character. He is more given to dealing with difficult situations using humour than the more straight-laced O'Neil of the movie.

What I'm getting at is that the movie does not show the first Abydos mission as referenced in the series. It is merely an approximate representation. The show is not a sequel to the movie, but rather an adaptation of the main concepts. You write a lot about paying attention to the details, yet the details of the movie were the work of someone else, disregarded by the creators of the show in favour of their own imagining. While it is perfectly reasonable to be a fan of both the movie and the TV franchise, it is not rational to call them the same thing.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I like the Idea that Ra was actually the 3rd generation of a Smurf. First he was just a lowly Smurf, living in Smurf village, he then transformed into Gargamel (come on, what human has such knowledge of Smurfs), then he transformed via the power of Greyskull into Ra, (could have been She-Ra, I won't discriminate) who then came to Earth to find another new body.

I could be wrong though.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        I like the Idea that Ra was actually the 3rd generation of a Smurf. First he was just a lowly Smurf, living in Smurf village, he then transformed into Gargamel (come on, what human has such knowledge of Smurfs), then he transformed via the power of Greyskull into Ra, (could have been She-Ra, I won't discriminate) who then came to Earth to find another new body.

I could be wrong though.
                        Wait wait wait! This makes perfect sense.... But doesn't that mean the Death Glider in the film is Starscream?

Comment

Wait wait wait! This makes perfect sense.... But doesn't that mean the Death Glider in the film is Starscream?
                          If so than Netu is really Unicron.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            If so than Netu is really Unicron.

Comment

They do share a characteristic whine, so you could be onto something there P-90
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                              X