No announcement yet.

Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android Game - Spoilers/News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was probably discussed in another thread but I cant find it. Does anybody know/have any ideas why the stargate game just came out now. Why would they get the cast back together just for a game especially now. Its been years since SG-1 anybody know why now!!!! ARE THEY PLANNING TO REVIVE STARGATE!!!!

Comment

Because this is the third stargate themed game that has come into existence. Well, not really the third one, technically speaking the second one since the first never got released at all.

And no, Stargate's not going to be revived, not in the near future anyway... who knows 25 years from now.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey guys, just a quick heads up, episode 2 is out on the iOS App Store.

I'm halfway through it at the moment. I'm loving it, apart from the fact that it crashes on me every now and again.

Cheers.

Comment

Well, I finished Episode 2, and I really, really loved it apart from the fact that if the game was indeed supposed to take place during Season 5 of SG-1, then there is a massive plot-hole at the end of Unleashed Episode 2.

You guys will see what I mean...

Comment

For those who have played the game, which devices are best to use? I only have a windows desktop, so which of the laptops, tablets, phones, smartphones, etc are best?

Comment

Don't get your hopes up for more.

It looks like the Stargate franchise has taken down another development studio, the studio this time are the Andorra based studio, Arkalis Interactive developers of the Stargate mobile episodic series, Stargate SG1: Unleashed.
              The Stargate Curse Continues as Arkalis Interactive Disappears
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                Don't get your hopes up for more.

"It looks like the Stargate franchise has taken down another development studio, the studio this time are the Andorra based studio, Arkalis Interactive developers of the Stargate mobile episodic series, Stargate SG1: Unleashed. "

The Stargate Curse Continues as Arkalis Interactive Disappears
                the question is *why*?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  the question is *why*?
                  Hi, I wrote the article from the first post.

Majorsal that is the million dollar question. There doesn't seem to be an answer when I phoned them it seemed their number was no longer connected (got a message instead of a dial tone). If I was to guess the reason for collapsing I would have to say that they may have over extended, spending too much money and not making enough back on sales.

Oh yeah, thanks for posting a link to my article Lythisrose.

Comment

Oh cool, I needed some bad news...

And I was just thinking about getting this, too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Such a pity! And I was already looking forward to the the third part... Hopefully someone else is able to finish it. It really would be a shame wasting the storyline, even more so as the original actors were collaborating...

Comment

Does anybody have any news? Gateworld reported in February that apparently some of the projects were taken over by another studio (source here) so I am wondering if there are any news on that front...
                        I'd really love to have the third episode for this game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd really just love to play episode 2 on Android. :/
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The deadly silence should give you a clue that's not gonna happen, if ever.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wait are they not going to finish it????? Nooooo I love this game How can they do this to us again???????
                              "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

According to the author, Sally Malcolm I believe, the story may get published as a novel by Fandemonium. I'd say the game is not going to get finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X