This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld main page question

ok on the gate world main page, down at the bottom under the copyright line there is a big empty space. if you highlight it, it reaveals a big block of text that is all sorts of names of characters and actors and different, random stuff from the show. what is that?

I don't konw because that is the first time I had seen it. Another thing after I highlight and left at that, the line where you get into the other pages was white, unhighlight the bottom and the line is back to normal. Wierd.

Comment

subliminal messages to make us love stargate uber much

Comment

I never noticed that!! It looks like the stuff that u put in meta tags in website generation. Maybe its a way of increasing the web page ranking by having all the key words on the main page.

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

They are meta tags alright

these are to tell search engines that those keywords apply to this site
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Meta tags wont show up though. And filling your page with the words just to get a higher ranking isn't allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Meta tags wont show up though. And filling your page with the words just to get a higher ranking isn't allowed.
              true they are not technically meta tags but seem to operate on the same premise

loads of sites fill up pages with keywords and most search engines fall for it
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Working...
              X