Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Adama mention documenting the locations of each human group? (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Adama mention documenting the locations of each human group? (Spoilers)

Added a spoiler tag even though it has been long enough

In the final episode on Earth I was wondering why Adama mentioned documenting each human groups location *while pointing at Australia and other continents on a map* and also mentioning that a copy of this will be distributed to each group.

I personally do not understand the purpose of this especially since this new "society" has rejected technology so first there will be no way for the african group to say get to the Australian group, also I am guessing the locations will be printed out so how will they keep the paper intact without adequate protection from the elements?

Was this a throw away line I am looking too much into and not defaulting to my "a wizard did it" philosophy for parts of tv shows that don't make sense?

Is it potentially basis for a future show/whatever where modern "humans" discover these documents or reproductions in say cave art of whatever?

I am wondering what everyone else thinks.
    sigpic

How many shuttles did they save? Maybe each tribe had one, thats only speculation.
    sigpic

Comment

There have been indications throughout history that on occasion one ancient civilization has encountered another even when they are separated by great distances. Perhaps it was in reference to this.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        There have been indications throughout history that on occasion one ancient civilization has encountered another even when they are separated by great distances. Perhaps it was in reference to this.
        That is an interesting theory but still riddled with more question than answers which is pretty much what the ending was good at while tying the show up at the same time lol

How many shuttles did they save? Maybe each tribe had one, thats only speculation.
        RDM mentions in the commentary for the final episode of an intended vfx shot showing raptors burning in the distance so I am guessing as soon as they were used they would have destroyed them.
        sigpic

Comment

The only one i don't think was 'burned up' was adama's.. Last we saw of it, it was sitting on the cliff face with bill just getting done burying roslin.

Comment

Obviously for the viewer it was to point out familiar places of early human settlment, but in the context of the show, I say why not? Even if they eventually destroyed all the Raptors (which I honestly don't think did/would have until they ran out of fuel), it would have been useful information for future generations. That knowledge would not have to die once the paper it was printed on was destroyed.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Would have been a blast had they say 'had archeologists' find a cave with drawings OF the great exodus (all the ships going into the sun) as drawn by one of the colonists..

Comment

Just put it on the list of **** that they decided to chuck into the last episode because they could, not because it made remotest sense. For example the problem for them wasn't technology it was them forgetting their past and what they do they decide to do forget their past again and so the cycle will repeat again because by giving up technology they will forget their past in just a few generations, setting the stage for the cycle repeat .

But the BSG characters weren't smartest bunch around anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X