No announcement yet.

The Galactica itself was the "Dying Leader"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangely enough, after posting this earlier today I just started watching this video, and Ron Moore is actually asked about this very question!

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

They could've ended the cycle by accepting that Cylons are sentient beings with rights, which is roughly what every cylon war so far has been about: that the makers do not see their robotic servants as real beings and that these robots rise up because of it, returning the favor by not seeing their makers as real beings and just eradicating them.
    Off topic a bit but touching on your not quoted above, that is the absolute best part of this show. It asks and really makes you think (I mean REALLY think) about the question "What does it mean to be human?"

So many sci-fi shows try to touch on that and try as they might they never make an impact outside the 5 or 10 minutes that scene is on screen. Battlestar is completely different. The entire show raises so many questions about that...what does it mean to be human? What is the essence of a human being? What would you call a soul? What does everything mean? What is a human's place in the universe? So much about this show really gets to me, bugs me, gets under my skin about that. I'm not a religious person, I'm not big on believing in deities and it is terrifying. To have a show touch on those issues so deeply and truly really messes with my head. I've watched a lot of science fiction but none of it has gotten to me like Battlestar did in that sense.

Just fantastic writing and storytelling.

The Galactica being the leader is really nice to think about. They gave it a personality in the show, but thinking about it in that light gives it a whole new status as an entity and makes you almost tear up to think of it.
    Last edited by Brian; 14 June 2013, 02:36 AM.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Working...
    X