Da Vinci's Demons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    At this point Masy you might as well watch the last two episodes...Who knows, the finale may change your mind.
    Actually, I couldn't finish the pilot. I've kept up with episode reviews on SFX, and the more I read, the more I doubt I'll return to it. I'm only showless until Continuum starts, and I want to see Under the Dome. This show might have worked better for me if not on Starz. To me it tries too hard to be The Tudors.
    Last edited by MasySyma; 01 June 2013, 08:41 PM.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I've caught up with the episodes now and it is definitely a strange premise they've got going on right now. The whole possible time travel aspect seems kind of misplaced. I thought this was going to be just a drama/action series, but they seem to be adding in this fantasy aspect. Not sure if it is working for the show.

I'll keep watching until the end of this season though.
      sigpic

Comment

I will definitely see the rest of this season out. We will see what happens in these remaining episodes, and if my interest is peaked for a Season 2.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I actually did not catch any time travel...when was this? Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention during an episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            I actually did not catch any time travel...when was this? Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention during an episode.
            It mainly started 2 episodes ago
            Spoiler:
            First Da Vinci sees the hanging man in the cave from his childhood is actually himself. Then he finds himself riding on horseback beside the mapmaker guy and talking to him, although he hasn't actually met him yet. He only ends up meeting him in his timeline later in the episode. The Turk also gives him a speech about how time is not all what it seems.

This latest episode was actually pretty good though. Things are definitely getting more interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, I had assumed the bit with the cave was just his mind messing with him...

Last edited by Gen. Chris; 04 June 2013, 10:22 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Should be very interesting to see how they end things this season.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This was a good season finale. Not great IMO, but good. This show never got to a point this season where it absolutely "Wowed" me, but I have enjoyed it enough to tune in next season. It should be interesting to see where things lead from where we were left off in the finale.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah I agree it lacks somewhat in plot...this whole search for book of leaves/vault of heaven seems rather silly they would base a whole season on that and not even sum it up at the end of the season So I hope we do get more "meat" next season and it has grown on me so I'll be tuning in as well.
                    Originally posted by jelgate
                    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

This show definitely has a lot of potential. I just hope they realize that potential a little more next season.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I actually enjoyed season 1 alot more than i thought i would, so i guess i'll be back for season 2 it picked up the pace alot in those last 2-3 episodes, i just hope it stays that way for s2, maybe even picks up more paceing
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

I forgot to mention that I got the blu ray release, and I got the soundtrack.

Kind of disappointed with the Special Features on the Blu ray but the set is nice.

The soundtrack is also quite phenomenal.
                          sigpic

Comment

Season 2 trailer
                            sigpic

Comment

Well it seems like most people here don't care about this show but might as well continue the thread.

I'm a bit mad here. They jerk us around for months and then suddenly drop the trailer for the third season (premiers Oct 24th) and also reveal that it will be the final season.

I was hoping for at least four seasons since that is what Spartacus got. I wonder what happened.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, I finished the series today

Overall, it was not a terrible final season but it definitely showed signs of pacing problems. It felt like they were in the middle of shooting the season or at least writing it and then Starz pulled on them, so the producers had to find a way to condense the remaining story. It was like Rome's second (and final) season all over again.

So I liked it, but it was still kind of disappointing, especially after such a strong second season.

I'm glad I started watching it two years ago, and I'm gonna miss it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X