23 Years Since Survival...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23 Years Since Survival...

Can you believe, it's been 23 years this month since we saw the Doctor and Ace walk off into the sunset at the end of Survival...

Just a few weeks before the final episode aired, JN-T began to realise it may well be the end, and so he had Andrew Cartmel, script editor, write a speech for Sylv to read over the last scene of Survival, calling the actor in to record the lines on 23 November, 1989 (!).

This is what we may have seen, if JN-T hadn't predicted the end...

[Unfortunately, the Beeb has removed my video... and for now it remains missing in action...]
    Last edited by cosmichobo; 18 June 2015, 02:00 AM.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

And, this is an idea that I had after hearing 10 say the line, "There are worlds out there..."

cheers

cosmic
    Last edited by cosmichobo; 10 April 2015, 08:34 AM.
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    and lots more!

Comment

I can remember actually watching this espisode when it aired. I was 21...
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I was eight when this aired but remember watching it as clearly as I can remember yesterday.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I don't remember seeing Survival. I suspect I was down the pub. I'm not admitting how old I was. All I'll say is that the episodes showing when I was eight was Genesis of the Daleks

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            I don't remember seeing Survival. I suspect I was down the pub. I'm not admitting how old I was. All I'll say is that the episodes showing when I was eight was Genesis of the Daleks
            Was that the repeat showing of Genesis of the Daleks in 1993 you remember watching when you were 8?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well, the Beeb removed my above videos... but I've now re-instated the second one...
              and lots more!

Comment

Working...
              X