Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Alien vs. Predator (the movies)

  1. #1
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,681

    Default Alien vs. Predator (the movies)

    There's been two crossover movies between Alien and Predator. The first one was great, the second was a disaster. What happened? I mean, we can dissect what went wrong with the movie itself. What I mean is, why did FOX hand such inexperienced directors such a big movie? It was the 6th Alien movie, the 4th Predator movie. You'd think they'd have hired someone with more credentials, no? Though Predators did not acknowledge AvP, it didn't contradict it either. Prometheus, however, did by providing an alternate origin of the aliens. Instead of something the Predators hunt, it's a bioweapon created by the engineers.

    Did anyone else enjoy one or both movies? What did you like or dislike about the films?

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    978

    Default Re: Alien vs. Predator (the movies)

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman37 View Post
    There's been two crossover movies between Alien and Predator. The first one was great, the second was a disaster. What happened? I mean, we can dissect what went wrong with the movie itself. What I mean is, why did FOX hand such inexperienced directors such a big movie? It was the 6th Alien movie, the 4th Predator movie. You'd think they'd have hired someone with more credentials, no? Though Predators did not acknowledge AvP, it didn't contradict it either. Prometheus, however, did by providing an alternate origin of the aliens. Instead of something the Predators hunt, it's a bioweapon created by the engineers.

    Did anyone else enjoy one or both movies? What did you like or dislike about the films?
    Liked AVP when first saw it. I wonder if the Aliens and Predators moviemakers originally intended to do an 'xover' to xplain the an already-planned Aliens-Predators connection. I had a problem with Prometheus being the same universe as Aliens but the Weyland protective suits being more advanced than what the Aliens humans had for protective gear later.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

    RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

  3. #3
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,681

    Default Re: Alien vs. Predator (the movies)

    Quote Originally Posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    Liked AVP when first saw it. I wonder if the Aliens and Predators moviemakers originally intended to do an 'xover' to xplain the an already-planned Aliens-Predators connection.
    There was never a planned Alien-Predator connection for the movies until 2004's Alien vs. Predator. Most of the people working on that movie had not worked on the earlier movies. One notable exception was Lance Henrikson who played Bishop in Aliens and Alien 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    I had a problem with Prometheus being the same universe as Aliens but the Weyland protective suits being more advanced than what the Aliens humans had for protective gear later.
    Prometheus was always planned as a sequel. As for the technology being more futuristic, that's just a consequence of a 2012 movie being a prequel to a 1979 movie, both being set in the future. 1979's vision of the future is dated now, so Prometheus had to look futuristic and like it took place before the '79 movie. I think they did pretty good. Ridley Scott also proposed that the Prometheus was a top of the line scientific research ship where as the Nostromo was an old industrial ship. It could have been older than Prometheus. No need to scrap a ship if it still works, right?

Similar Threads

  1. Alien/Predator Chronology
    By Daniel Jackson in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: April 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM
  2. Rainbow Sun Francks is in Alien Versus Predator 2
    By SeV in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: November 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
  3. Who do u think would win? Alien or predator?
    By Lord Saradomin in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: August 9th, 2006, 05:31 PM
  4. Alien vs Predator?
    By Elite Anubis Guard in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 12th, 2004, 09:44 AM
  5. Alien Vs Predator
    By Jonas in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 15th, 2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •