This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate's Next Spinoff.

If year 9 will truly be the final year of stargate, why not spinoff another show to take its place.

Except its not really a spinoff as much as a continuation of SG1.

Jack and Sam get married at the end of season 9, so they are gone.
    Tealc goes back to be the new king of his people.
    Daniel ascends to be with the ancients.

So that takes out our team of intrepid adventurers.

A new team must take shape.

Out of season 9 comes the actor Ben Browder. He can become the new point man for the team.
    Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell

He is joined by the offworlder character played by Corin Nemec.
    Jonas Quinn

And by the departed Atlantis castoff played by Rainbow Sun Francks.
    Aidan Ford

The 4th team member could be left open for a new person as scientist/archeologist type. Most likely a woman. Dr Lindsey Novak maybe.
    Or how bout making her another warrior... Vala would kick ass.

This new team is basically the new SG1 commanded by Gen. Beu Bridges

They do a lot of teh same stuff as the current SG1, and they interact with Atlantis occasionally.

A return to the tried and true old fashioned SG1 episodes.

Lt. Jennifer Hailey. How many times do I have to say it?

Comment

I think Atlantis will sorta merge with sg1 and earth will no about stargate and itll just become one show
      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

How About Srargate Prometheous

it would be cool to see the adventures of the ship and it's crew.
        sigpic

Comment

How about a red super-stargate! with spikes! and ten chevrons! and they still don't know what the 9th chevon does!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            I keep pushing for her return as well. Never hurts to have a fiesty young lady around.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by gatecrasher
              Tealc goes back to be the new king of his people.
              so he will become what he has fought so hard to get rid of?
              MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
              I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                How about a red super-stargate! with spikes! and ten chevrons! and they still don't know what the 9th chevon does!
                Possibly a stargate built out of those little replicator blocks!!

I agree though, there should be a new spinoff... SG! needs to end so I can stop being so annoyed with seeing some of my favorite characters die, or just go into oblivion...
                I still think the Alpha site would be a cool spin-off point, b/c you can do so much more with it... you can have it attacked etc... and don't have to worry about the general population finding out...
                From the Cartoon Network show
                "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the Stargate]
                Emory: Isn't that the Starga—

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Emory: But it—

Oglethorpe: No, it is a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!

Comment

Stargate Alpha

Theres the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Karterius
                    Possibly a stargate built out of those little replicator blocks!!

I agree though, there should be a new spinoff... SG! needs to end so I can stop being so annoyed with seeing some of my favorite characters die, or just go into oblivion...
                    I still think the Alpha site would be a cool spin-off point, b/c you can do so much more with it... you can have it attacked etc... and don't have to worry about the general population finding out...
                    except that the Alpha sites primary role is as a fall back point and safe destination for teams off world if they cant reach the SGC. they arent a staging point for missions, thats still the SGC so unless they had the SGC out of commision every episode it would be pretty boring, the alpha sit isnt meant to be held in case of an attack, they just abandon it and blow it up and start a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rail'k
                      How About Srargate Prometheous

it would be cool to see the adventures of the ship and it's crew.
                      "The show is one giant recon mission," explains executive producer Jonathan Glassner. "It's not one of those weird science-fiction things with a big spaceship. It's us, today, finding a piece of technology we don't understand and [getting] into situations we don't know how to handle."
                      TV Guide 1997

Why would they follow the footsteps of Enterprise and Andromeda? Those shows suck! Stargate is about stargate, not "shields failing!", "compensate for the (insert technobabble)", or a "sensors detect _____".

Comment

At least one more time it would seem, and I am in complete agreement. The rest of the team also looks fine to me.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

indeed !!
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
                            Robogate. It is like Stargate, only with robots.
                            No robots for stargate !! Who is goiing to play Teal'c the robot Grell from Wormhole EXtreme Witch I didn't like !!
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

grell the android
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X