Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Lantean battleship have knowledge of Destiny's location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could a Lantean battleship have knowledge of Destiny's location?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I thought of this earlier, and I'm curious.
    If the Atlantis crew would find another lost Lantean battleship (let's pretend Atlantis is back in the Pegasus for this to work), could it be possible that this ship would have knowledge of Destiny's location? Since these ships were build long after Destiny was launched, maybe some of Ancients working on Destiny eventually came to Atlantis, and while building their battleships, they created a 'tracking system', for lack of better word, to keep track of the seedships and Destiny?
    I know that nothing like this was mentioned when they found the Aurora and the Orion, but they didn't have a lot of time exploring either ship, so is it possible?

If so; say they find a battleship that isn't too damaged. They can fix it, get it to work again. Would Rodney and the other scientists be able to somehow create a wormholedrive, with the knowledge from the one they have on Atlantis?

Just guessing and speculating here...

Originally posted by YceQueen View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I thought of this earlier, and I'm curious.
    If the Atlantis crew would find another lost Lantean battleship (let's pretend Atlantis is back in the Pegasus for this to work), could it be possible that this ship would have knowledge of Destiny's location? Since these ships were build long after Destiny was launched, maybe some of Ancients working on Destiny eventually came to Atlantis, and while building their battleships, they created a 'tracking system', for lack of better word, to keep track of the seedships and Destiny?
    I know that nothing like this was mentioned when they found the Aurora and the Orion, but they didn't have a lot of time exploring either ship, so is it possible?

If so; say they find a battleship that isn't too damaged. They can fix it, get it to work again. Would Rodney and the other scientists be able to somehow create a wormholedrive, with the knowledge from the one they have on Atlantis?

Just guessing and speculating here...
    I have had similar ideas following that line of thinking.
    I would love to see destiny arrive at the place where the message originated and there were all ready ancients there!!
    not just ancients, other races who heard the message, from different points in time, have arrived but are all still trying to overcome the final barrier.
    It would be great if there was Alterans Lanteans and other form of ancients along the scale all there at the same time.
    How this would work I am unsure but I would imagine a message from the beginning of time's origin could have some kind of time dilation effect where it creates a barrier that you have to prove worthy to pass.
    Think of all the other races you could put there as well? Of course we will be there because we figured out, as you said, how to track it and somehow used the supergate to take atlantis there, thus completing the cycle.
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

I don't think they'd be able to track the ships(due to immense distance) in real-time, but it is very likely that they had the journey mapped out.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

This knowledge most likely be in the Atlantis database if it was anywhere, no need to find a ship

Comment

I would say no, from what little we know about and can guest about Destiny and her mission was kept very secret by the ancients or the information was long ago lost by the ancients and all that is remain is the 9 chevron address and the design of Icarus power systems, which Eli to work out the maths to keep stable why opening a wormhole to the destiny.
          The destiny most likely pre-date Atlantis by tens of millions of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Durgia View Post
            This knowledge most likely be in the Atlantis database if it was anywhere, no need to find a ship
            Definitely no.
            The only info in the Atlantis database was the Destiny gate address.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Definitely no.
              The only established information, yes. But we're talking about a "what if" scenario here. So let's pretend it's all there.

Comment

Definitely no.
                It might be possible. They only had the address, they never knew what it was for. With the information from the crew aboard Destiny (i.e. Detiny's path after it was launched), could help them find more information in the database. Information that at first, they had no clue off, and what it was for..

Comment

Definitely no.
                  The only known info and if there is not any more info in the database why would the ships have it? Atlantis seems like the largest database for the Pegasus Ancients so why would info appear on war ships that is not held in the main city?

It is possible a SG1 head grabber database would have more info on Destiny also.

Comment

It seems reasonable to me that although Destiny had been out there millions of years silently beavering away at its mission, the Ancients had no interest in it until a time of their choosing. It was clearly sent out to perform a task of some sort and that task seemed to be following up on seeded stargates for whatever reason. Well.. officially anyway. Unofficially it seemed to be out there surveying the universe.

Anyway back to my main point, if the ancients had no interest in the ship until a pre-determined time it would make sense that the ship was supposed to "phone home" somehow - either via the stargate or a long range subspace communication. At that point, logic suggests that the Ancients would drag up everything they had in the database (old archived and encrypted stuff) and would start to re-examine the Destiny mission and contemplate travelling to it.

Comment

Oops forgot to say this (and now can't edit my post as its in moderation) as for the lantean warships, I would imagine that they had access to the Ancients current missions but older historical missions such as Destiny I wouldn't think they would keep data about on every ship.

Don't forget, they were at war. In war you don't put out information that could fall into enemy hands. Although the ancients were one large super race I'd be surprised if many ship captains even knew of Destiny, it's existence and current mission.

Comment

Though i could see some of the ancient warships having a foot note about prior Lantean projects (Destiny), i doubt they would have anything more than that.

Comment

Definitely no.
                          Correction: the only information found in the part of the Atlantis database that they had so far managed to decode was the Destiny gate address. The Atlantis database is absolutely massive, mind bogglingly so. Such that every single hard drive brought by the expedition (quite a few) could only store a minute fraction of it if it was HUGELY compressed. There could very well be information they just haven't found yet.

Comment

I think it would be classified information. I can't see them putting it on a ship that could fall into enemy hands unless that ship had a Destiny specific mission. We don't store all Earth's knowledge on a 304.

Comment

Well as i said above, i could maybe see in an aurora's data base a list of prior lantean projects.. with the destiny showing up.. but nothing on it other than the name.

Comment

Working...
                              X