Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problems of the Free Jaffa Nation?( Threads & S9 spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems of the Free Jaffa Nation?( Threads & S9 spoiler)

S9 could be Teal's last yr with SGC, without Jack, and Sam is away in the first few episode.Teal has to stay for the team and many problem will face the young Jaffa nation.

The spoiler said
    Highlight the spoiler

Gossett will get a recurring role as a political rival to Teal in the new Jaffa Nation

So after the revolution, new kind of struggle will begin, the first yr of a new nation is the most difficult, and it could either determine the course of it’s future or led to civil war.

Thread spoiler
    Highlight the spoiler
    Teal and Bar’tac could not convince the Jaffa council to destroy the Ancient weapon, which only shows the political divisions within the Jaffa council
    Teal probably will stay with the SG1for most of S9, but many problems will be facing the young nation.

The shortage of symbiote , the shortage will only get worse.
    The Tritonnin is only an alternative, but the user require constant injection. The Tritonnin’s ingredient is also symbiote.
    Carrying a symbiote will be easier ,and once a Jaffa switch to Tritonnin ,it is difficult to switch back to carrying Symbiote.

And where are they going to find enough symbiote to make Tritonnin? May be they find a Goa’uld Queen in Tartarus

And the only long term solution for the Jaffa ,is to rejoin the human race. Remember when Jack got turn into a Jaffa by Hathor , and then got turn back to human,so it is possible. The Tok’ra or the Asgerd can help, but does the Jaffa want to become human again? I mean it cut down their life expectance to that of a normal human ,and that also mean the Jaffa nation will also cease to exist one day .

The relation with the Tok’ra and Earth could become a problem.
    The Jaffa are warriors not farmer, they will have to grow their own food ,and mine the Naquadah for themselves.can they adopt to the new way of life.

The Goa’uld had kept them ignorance. The Jaffa nation need to provide a standard education system , teach them subjects like science .Yes School for every Jaffa kid

Law and order, a new code of law will be needed ,which mean introduce Lawyer into the Jaffa society. I am not sure that is a good thing.

The weapons left by the Goa’uld , like the former USSR, the Jaffa will inherits a lot of ships and weapon. Could their ambition get ahead of themselves?
    And in the long run , how are they going to keep up maintenance of the goa’uld hardware (ships , Gilder).

Should we help? send in agriculutural, law, scientific experts and whatnot to assist the development of a new Free Jaffa Nation...or should we leave them to it, I know they have had a thing with doing it for themselfs in the past...but would they accept our help they certainly need it with what ckwongau is saying....maybe atlantis holds the key to some of the more important issues that the jaffa will face in the coming years!

Originally posted by ckwongau
    The shortage of symbiote , the shortage will only get worse.
    The Tritonnin is only an alternative, but the user require constant injection. The Tritonnin’s ingredient is also symbiote.
    Carrying a symbiote will be easier ,and once a Jaffa switch to Tritonnin ,it is difficult to switch back to carrying Symbiote.

And where are they going to find enough symbiote to make Tritonnin? May be they find a Goa’uld Queen in Tartarus

And the only long term solution for the Jaffa ,is to rejoin the human race. Remember when Jack got turn into a Jaffa by Hathor , and then got turn back to human,so it is possible. The Tok’ra or the Asgerd can help, but does the Jaffa want to become human again? I mean it cut down their life expectance to that of a normal human ,and that also mean the Jaffa nation will also cease to exist one day .
    Could the jaffa not remove the symbiotes then spend a couple of hours in a sarcophagus to regenerate their immune systems...maybe this might help that particular problem
    Last edited by PoeticTragedy; 10 February 2005, 03:44 AM.
    And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Im sure tptb will sort it all out
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

If the Jaffa do, somehow, remove their dependance on symbionts/tretonin, whether through a sarcophagus or another source, just because they're now 'human' doesn't mean they'll cease to be a nation. They still have the culture. In Threads you can clearly see that, even though they're now free, they're still Jaffa. The nation will just be led by other Jaffa instead of Goa'uld, and they no longer worship false gods. There's still plenty of Jaffa tradions and such left. There's no reason that, losing their physical Jaffa-ness, they can't still become a Jaffa nation.

Comment

Originally posted by PoeticTragedy
          Should we help? send in agriculutural, law, scientific experts and whatnot to assist the development of a new Free Jaffa Nation...or should we leave them to it, I know they have had a thing with doing it for themselfs in the past...but would they accept our help they certainly need it with what ckwongau is saying....maybe atlantis holds the key to some of the more important issues that the jaffa will face in the coming years!

Could the jaffa not remove the symbiotes then spend a couple of hours in a sarcophagus to regenerate their immune systems...maybe this might help that particular problem
          ARE YOU NUTS they would have to do that every few hours as said in previous eps that they cant live for more than a few hours, and the sarc isnt gonna fully heal them without um going skitzo like daniel did after only 10 uses of it
          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Yes...Yes I am Nuts aaah right you are they would go skitzo, my bad
            And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

The relation with the Tok’ra and Earth could become a problem.
              The Jaffa are warriors not farmer, they will have to grow their own food ,and mine the Naquadah for themselves.can they adopt to the new way of life.
              Who do you think does these things now? We haven't seen any goa'uld technology where food appears out of thin air so obviuosly someone must grow it. The only logical explanation is that the jaffa do many things for themselves.

And in the long run , how are they going to keep up maintenance of the goa’uld hardware (ships , Gilder).

Once again I seriously doubt the goa'uld do all the maintenance themselves, so jaffa must be responsible for some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Fury
                Who do you think does these things now? We haven't seen any goa'uld technology where food appears out of thin air so obviuosly someone must grow it. The only logical explanation is that the jaffa do many things for themselves.

Once again I seriously doubt the goa'uld do all the maintenance themselves, so jaffa must be responsible for some of it.
                Foods, i always assume human slave grow the food, the human slave mine the Naquadah .

I am sure some of the Jaffa know a bit of science, but the Goa'uld had many class of servant, the Jaffa are military class, some human servant follow the System Lord to the summit,in case they need a new host.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Jaffa must have had their own infrastructure - in Allegiance, I got the impression that the Jaffa did more than just guard the mine Teal'c talked about - the problem might be the clashes between the warrior caste, the now-redundant priests and the formerly-low caste workers.

Does anyone else think that the Free Jaffa Nation sounds like a Happy Meal offer?
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    I'm pretty sure the Jaffa must have had their own infrastructure - in Allegiance, I got the impression that the Jaffa did more than just guard the mine Teal'c talked about - the problem might be the clashes between the warrior caste, the now-redundant priests and the formerly-low caste workers.

Does anyone else think that the Free Jaffa Nation sounds like a Happy Meal offer?
                    No ?
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

It's said in Threads that the Council agrees that the weapon will be destroyed.

Comment

like a lot of things, there were so focused on the goal that they didn't think about the ramifications

such as, defeating the goauld means that there are no snakelets for young jaffa to have....and their source of tretonin will also dry up

(Course, this also doesn't address the fact that, to make tretonin, they're killing sentient beings, murdering them to make the tretonin.)

also, these jaffa have been living the lives of sheep for centuries, they don't know how to lead, ony to follow....and add to that the tension of jaffa being mortal enemies all of a sudden being neighbors

it is definitely not an easy road to hoe and there will likely be a civil war before it's all over

I remember watching something on the history channel about samaurai and how, there was a period of time when there was no war for this group of warriors to fight....they pretty much just hung out and battled with boredom instead

also, one time thier king/emperor was no long in power and all of a sudden these warring factions had no unifying force and they turned on each other

we may see something very similar to this with the jaffa
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

also, these jaffa have been living the lives of sheep for centuries, they don't know how to lead, ony to follow....and add to that the tension of jaffa being mortal enemies all of a sudden being neighbors
                          I'm pretty sure they can lead. We've seen Teal'c lead the Jaffa Rebellion, then there's Bra'tac who's good at leading also. And I doubt those are the only two Jaffa with leadership capabilities. In Threads, we hear about a Council that's leading them now.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                            And the only long term solution for the Jaffa ,is to rejoin the human race. Remember when Jack got turn into a Jaffa by Hathor , and then got turn back to human,so it is possible.
                            No, you are wrong. He has never become a Jaffa. Hathor did cut an "X" on Jack's bilge, but he did not get a symbiote. The sarcophagus was useful only to remove the "X".

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper
                              I'm pretty sure they can lead. We've seen Teal'c lead the Jaffa Rebellion, then there's Bra'tac who's good at leading also. And I doubt those are the only two Jaffa with leadership capabilities. In Threads, we hear about a Council that's leading them now.

they do have a council, which is definitely a step in the right direction, but they're use to the 'me beat you and absorb your men' type of leadership. they're use to fighting endless wars and, if you take away those wars, what will they do?

wartime is easier than peace time and the council will have to find something to keep them occupied instead of just pitting them against each other
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X