Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how close to ascension was the other destiny crew( novus)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That took 50 years of Carter doing nothing else but eat and sleep
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Hey no one said it was easy just that it was possible
      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        and learn how to play the cello hehe
        Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
          Hey no one said it was easy just that it was possible
          Which reinforces my original point that we are a long way off from ascension. I never suggested we didn't have the capability
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
            but we essentially had the ancients info on ascension via atlantis database and whatever we could get, if any from the destiny database
            But thats just it, they didn't. Don't forget, they thought they were going home through the stargate! I suspect Eli took his laptop and a few Kinos but I don't think he'd have the full destiny database on the laptop and even if he did, the battery wouldn't last long enough to be of any use. Don't forget, he thought he was going back to earth so wouldn't have worried about taking tools with him as he thought he'd be ok on earth. When they got spat out of a gate 2000 years in the past they had no electricity, no tools, nothing. Electricity isn't easy to create without the right tools so it would be at least a couple of hundred years before they developed that.

How do you think they had access to the Atlantis database? - There is no way they had that! The ninth chevron project was about getting a connection and establishing that it was possible. They hadn't planned to go through on the first connection and went through on a whim carrying only what they could grab hold of. To take the ancient database with them would have taken a lot of time and planning.

The Tolan from SG1 claimed to have space travel capabilities (though we never saw them) and when the novans took to space to escape the volcanic activity they didn't even have FTL drive. While they were without a doubt advanced, they were not advanced enough to match the Tolans or the Ancients.

Comment

I doubt their ships were even on par with gou'ald ones... let alone Tolan.

Comment

Working...
              X